Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HMS Boromir posted:

Not a RWBY-liker but it's strange to me that people keep posting this and nobody's considered that it might be a visual gag. RWBY's animators aren't necessarily the most worthy of the benefit of the doubt but they look so much like cuckoo clock or music box automata that I'm leaning towards intention rather than accident on this one.

Namtab posted:

I maintain that this is probably better than inferno cop.

Gags where animators bring attention to the limits of what they can do are as old as animation itself. Inferno Cop is basically an entire series about this. The difference is that RWBY is that the production team really doesn't have that much talent and is reaching beyond their limits, while Inferno Cop is by people who can do much better but chose not to for effect. Which one is more admirable is up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ferretts posted:

But with all else being shameful, at least I can be proud of the thread title. :colbert:

As the person who named the Valvrave thread Neon Genesis Code Gundam WEED: Legend of the Galactic Space Twitter I can say yes, yes you can be proud of your terrible thread.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

That is an insanely accurate title for Valvrave

Sadly it was for the second season, where the show got boring :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

beaner69 posted:

Had rwby just been the trailers and more fighting I would have liked it. Maybe the game they're making will be that but I don't think I'll buy it.

Oh my god they're making a game? :allears:

• Locked thread