Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think ripping keys off your keyboard because they "slow you down" is common

I don't think that comic is making flipping out about workflows look like a sane thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

The 40 second Tex vs The Reds & Blues fight took something on the order of eight hours to animate. I think its justified to gradually improve your workflow even if it means disemboweling a cheap 20$ keyboard. Now to the extent that I agree that using Poser is silly I'll also add I think it should have been possible to edit the shortcut in preferences; assuming its a sensible program like Blender.

Please explain to me how ripping off your capslock key and f1 key to save time 1. saves time and 2. is not a sign of mental illness

Like seriously, he could just not push those keys. Why does he need to rip them off? That's just plain crazy, and a definite sign that something is not right with that man

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That is entirely irrelevant to whether or not it is justified to criticize him. A commercial product can be criticized, whether or not it is successful.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Not a very funny joke dude

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

He's trying to make fun of people who said Monty might be crazy (i.e. me) in probably the most tasteless and also most unfunny way possible

I mean it doesn't even work, no one made up anything about Monty. You could maybe go for a "you guys are blowing up a small thing" angle by massively over-exaggerating something. It wouldn't be funny still but what we got instead was something just plain dumb.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

It would have been more funny if you'd replaced 'labrador' with 'anime'.

"Definitely not. Later the guy he told to gently caress off went and switched the 'v' and 'w' characters on his keyboard as a kind of layered payback and you know what happened? Monty went to the guy's house and shot his anime.

The anime is fine now, fully recovered and being an anime still loving loves Monty, but it's still messed up if you think about it."

Eh. I give it a 6/10. There is potential here.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know if playing psychologist with fanfiction writers is the best idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I don't get SA's insane aversion to fanfiction to the point where literally "speculation of any kind whatsoever about a creative work" is considered fanfiction.

When did this happen? I thought we were talking about actual, straight from fanfiction.net fanfiction. What post is slipping my memory?

• Locked thread