Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Alder posted:

Best 5 minutes of the episode. It feels a bit boring if all the students are that strong and they're not even graduates yet.

Reminds me, I love everyone's fashion sense.

S2 apart from the Prom scenes was a huge letdown with no real progress other than flashy fights. I'm ambivalent if I care enough to wait for S3 right now. Perhaps, just to see another Yang vs Neo fight round 2.

I think the above assessment that it feels like a good episode, but not a good finale, makes a fair amount of sense. Really, the issue overall seems to be in the setup, which the main characters even deliberately comment on, is that its having them poke at the surface of the mysteries and conspiracies behind the scenes, but wants to keep the mystery going for a bit more still, so they don't really quite get answers on anything. They know Torchwick was getting weapons, but not how. They know he had plans to lure Grimm into the city, but not why. They know that someone tried to steal military secrets, but not who. And admittedly, for most of it, I can understand why, but it does leave it feeling like there is a substantial lack of progress to be made where there otherwise could have been. There's some character exploration to try and balance things out, but those were more to restabilise people after being thrown off balance.

And it kinda ends up being similar with the fight in the city. Ruby mentions how people were hurt in the attack, but we never got to see much of that sort of thing. Heck, it doesn't even need to necessarily change the students managing to actually curbstomp the Grimm in the end (though you still could have seen more tension with the larger Grimm), but at least showcase why they're such a problem by pointing out the numerical issue at least. Whilst RWBY were fighting, Grimm they couldn't get to could have been running amok through the streets, only to eventually get put down by the arrival of reinforcements - which lets Monty keep the fight sequences he loves so much. Grimm singlehandedly don't need to be much of a danger, but the series has made a deal about their ability to swarm, so why not use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So one of my favourite animators died the day before my birthday. That... rather takes the energy out of my evening.

gently caress.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Cechmanek posted:

Other than asking the patient, is there anyway to find out if someone is allergic to any medication?

Unfortunately, often only if they'd previously had issues with said medication. In major cases, they may take a blood sample beforehand to be safe, but often enough its presumed to be so minor that the medicine can be handed over without issue, and well...

• Locked thread