Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A little surprised to see this thread here but oh well.

I remember when the first trailers were released and wondering how they planned to add a storyline to connect everyone. Some of the VA tend to sound tinny/whiny in S1 and got a bit better in S2. I want to say it could be better but it could also be a lot worse.

TBh, I forgot about S2 until I saw a bunch of fanart and well, not bad? I'm going to put into the box with all the battle series and see if anything changes in the future.

I read SE for awhile but I dropped the anime since iirc had 51 episodes. I don't have time for this unless it's FMA:B.
Very stylish character designs and interesting battles though wrt to SE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nephthys posted:

Well, I for one thought the recent episode was pretty good. Nice bit of character introspection and fleshing out of the world with some well done action.

Also I just got into this series so hi?

I guess it's some signs of world building but it does look like our heroes are essentially causing Grimm genocide because they look scary. But I found team RWBY real reason to be hunteress flimsy and at least even the characters themselves admit it.

But I have to wonder why Ruby didn't have to answer too?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

KasaiAisu posted:

I also loved how Ruby went in for the punch, but was totally ineffective. It's the sort of thing that should happen when a teenage girl hits an adult guard, but I was expecting her main-character-ness to allow her to fight back.

Eh, I thought Ruby is/was a decent or above average fighter even w/o her scythe? It felt OOC but I guess she is surrounded by a group too. I mean, doesn't she have super-speed or reflexes but it only works when she has her weapon at hand?

It's kinda like seeing a superhero level character being captured by a group of faceless mooks when you know in the last episode they fought tons of other supervillains.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Also the fact that I remember this scares me.

Thanks I thought their powers were always "on" if that makes sense like mutants?

CrazySalamander posted:

My crayons lied to me

Everyone knows childhood is one giant lie perpetrated by companies :10bux:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Chexoid posted:

Pictured: RWBY At Its Strongest.

Best 5 minutes of the episode. It feels a bit boring if all the students are that strong and they're not even graduates yet.

Reminds me, I love everyone's fashion sense.

S2 apart from the Prom scenes was a huge letdown with no real progress other than flashy fights. I'm ambivalent if I care enough to wait for S3 right now. Perhaps, just to see another Yang vs Neo fight round 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Bee posted:

If Monty Oum could restrain himself and stick to maybe half of what he has I'd feel much more optimistic. But I get the feeling he's going to just keep adding more.

B-But flawed characters add realism?! Or in reality they seem even more useless compared to the rest of the cast. Agreed how it's starting to become a shaggy dog story now than ever.

@Astro Nut: True, the Grimm just don't feel scary despite what everyone else says to the audience. It has this weird conveniently empty town which turns into a battle field scenario. I'm not asking to animate crowds fleeing from every building but where did people get hurt again?

When all is said and done, I'd totally be hyped for RWBY if I were 12-14 year old and I'd never seen anime before :coolfish:

• Locked thread