Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

The podcast was mostly the guys sharing stories about Monty and his quirks, and there was a tribute video at the end. It was pretty hard to watch. Even Gus got choked up at one point. Burnie tweeted that Gus is going to upload it to Youtube tomorrow so it'll be up for everyone. It's definitely worth watching, but it's a gut punch and you can really see how much Monty meant to his friends.

The only news that has been released is that Monty went in for something relatively routine ten days ago, had a severe allergic reaction and ended up in a coma. If you look at videos RT produced around that time (stuff like the Know with a short release cycle) the hosts suddenly get a lot less cheerful and the fans were wondering what was up. (I remember the prevailing theory being Meg got yelled at for being too chirpy reporting about how Tutankhamun's mask got wrecked, which in retrospect was a pretty goddamn stupid theory.)

From what I understand, Monty had pretty concrete ideas where he wanted RWBY to go, and shared them with his team -- not necessarily because he was worried about his health, but more in a "I have to get these thoughts out of my head to make room for new ones" kind of thing. They definitely have enough material to keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread