Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

I maintain that this is probably better than inferno cop.

I don't think anyone can be as wrong as this person, right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, I think it'd go well in GBS, the appropriate home for completely terrible things.

I saw a clip of some girl with a rather preposterous shotgun/scythe fighting some kind of werewolf things, and I can safely say that my main turn-off with this is the fact that they all look like MMD models (are they?), and music videos made with them have always been deeply into the uncanny valley for me.

Except this, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJsYbVBnaE

Well, the first trailer was made before Monty had any real models made outside of Ruby, herself, which is why all the wolf-things look like poo poo. It was made over a year before the first episode was released, I believe.

As for the fight scenes, there is only 2 or 3 good ones in the entire first season (and one of them is a the last trailer). Monaghan is right though. Monty's style is '70s Kung fu movies where physics doesn't matter and everything is choreographed. Plus, all the characters' weapons are just gun/X hybrids because if Final Fantasy has shown us anything, it is that any weapon is made cooler if you can fire bullets from it. :jerkbag:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Monaghan posted:

this is popular in japan :psyduck:?

Something that takes 90% of its inspiration from Japanese pop culture/action tropes is popular in Japan? Color me shocked.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ferretts posted:

Yes. Tempered in the ridicule of 300+ navy submariners for being the only guy to watch My Little Pony. At least here RWBY deserves it, while MLP of course... did not. :colbert:

Dude. You can't be into that wack-rear end brony poo poo when you're dealing with bubbleheads. You gotta do something to bond with your shipmates, strengthening feelings of competition and camaraderie, like playing Pokemon. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

This actually is a great example of one of their main problems of world building vs story telling, or possibly say vs do. There is both the opening of the series, with it's little monologue on what Grimms are in the world (the embodiment of evil and absolute monsters or some poo poo) and some monologues and lessons from teachers talking about how dangerous they are. Despite everything they SAY, the actual Grimms are never shown to be dangerous at all. Even during a scene which is supposed to show how dangerous they are (one of the classroom scenes where one of them fight a Grimm), the only reason they lose is because they are being distracted.

On top of that, as Zorak pointed out in the podcast, the Grimms NEVER actually attack them actively. They are shown to be very passive, and only ever attack when, in a real world situation, an animal would be threatened, like when someone enters their territory in the forest, or when a captured one is released inside a room of obviously hostile people. It seems like the exact thing where Monty went "Wouldn't it be cool if there was some big monster type for the heroes to fight?" and that ended up being the beginning and ending for the Grimms.

Case in point; I completely forgot what the monsters were called until I read this post.

And since everyone is (rightfully) making GBS threads on the series, I have to say that I actually like Torchwick's VA. Guy has just the right amount of smugness, and the lines he's given are only slightly more cringe-worthy than what you would expect from a classic middle-management bad guy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Redcrimson posted:

The scythe in Soul Eater literally has more personality than the cast of RWBY

Both Scythes.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I want to say this is the most entertaining thread in ADTRW, right now. It is like reading the D&D forum intertwined with the most asinine parts of TVIV. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

icantfindaname posted:

Snow White's German name is Schneewittchen, not WEISS SCHNEE

That's my contribution to this sperg party

Outside of all the bad dialogue and cringe-worthy aethetics, really, the thing that annoys me the most is that they pronounce Weiss with an english "w" instead of a hard "v".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Huh. I didn't know he was married. That's honestly kind of shocking.

• Locked thread