Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Haha wow that looks so bad. How could anyone want to play that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

You know just some random dude made that right?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

DangerZoneDelux posted:

You know just some random dude made that right?

Yea that's why I ninja edited the fake part in there. The celebrations should all be added though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8aKsd_lIrQ

this looks like dogs rear end. shame

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Beta for Fifa has just gone out

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Downloading now!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

How many people in here are in the Beta? I am!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Big Taff Man posted:

Beta for Fifa has just gone out
gently caress yeah,

Gonna play some tonight :getin:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I play on PC so i'm a second class citizen, we don't get a beta.

Fuckers.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Scored this beauty the other night with lallana. Gotta love that left trigger button.

https://streamable.com/5tuw

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 14, 2015

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Played draft for a bit, went 1-2 so far (lol)

So far it seems a lot harder to get my guys to do what I want, and one thing that's gonna gently caress me up for a bit is the L1 button used to be the "Dribble the ball really close to your dude" button and I'd use it to receive passes in tight spaces and now it does something similar to the dummy fake where you just let the ball go by so I'm just constantly letting the ball go by me.

The defenders definitely do much more aggressively go after passes, which makes attacking harder for both sides, but to me just the main thing was like everyone seems to dribble a bit more janky and it just doesn't feel as fluid as in years past, I dunno

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Downloading it to try it out. Got my beta code

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

Played draft for a bit, went 1-2 so far (lol)

So far it seems a lot harder to get my guys to do what I want, and one thing that's gonna gently caress me up for a bit is the L1 button used to be the "Dribble the ball really close to your dude" button and I'd use it to receive passes in tight spaces and now it does something similar to the dummy fake where you just let the ball go by so I'm just constantly letting the ball go by me.

The defenders definitely do much more aggressively go after passes, which makes attacking harder for both sides, but to me just the main thing was like everyone seems to dribble a bit more janky and it just doesn't feel as fluid as in years past, I dunno

That could be annoying, I also like L1 for tight spaces. What does R1 do now if L1 is the dummy button?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
R1 is the actual dummy button, L1 isn't QUITE dummy but what it does is like move your guy in relation to the ball so that you can like for example go to the right of the the ball then take a first touch left with a lot of momentum

In practice so far for me it's tricky to use and I end up just missing the ball entirely a lot

Also I feel like if you have a forward who is closer to you than the defender and you try to pass it to him the defender loving rockets out and grabs it every time and the forward just doesn't really get back fast enough and usually gets beat to it even though he's faster and had position but it could be that I'm just not holding back and turbo fast enough or whatever

So far I'm having a lot of trouble, am 2-4 in my draft games. I'm sure I'll get used to it but this one feels way different than getting used to other years' games. I also feel like I used to be able to hold the ball pretty well by just turning away from oncoming defenders but now it feels like when you turn your guy turns their body but takes another touch to actually move the ball at all so the defenders just swoop in and get it even from behind you a lot easier.l

I'm sure I'll get used to it but I feel really bad at the moment, haha

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Still got 10 hours left on my download. loving 15 gigs.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

How's the trading?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Practically non existent, there was barely a transfer market.

Theres a load of new passes. My fave so far is the driven low pass, followed by the bouncing pass

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
I love the fact that people are paying over £100 to get a beta code off ebay.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Filthee Fingas posted:

I love the fact that people are paying over £100 to get a beta code off ebay.

Surely that wont work as its linked to your EA account?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Practically non existent, there was barely a transfer market.

Theres a load of new passes. My fave so far is the driven low pass, followed by the bouncing pass

Is the low driven pass different than R1+Square?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is the low driven pass different than R1+Square?

Yeah its along the floor with loads of power

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited to find out what the new broken move is. I hope they've nerfed that right-stick forward then up or down little 90 degree spin, that move is bullshit and I can't stop using it in pro clubs

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm not too impressed with the game.

I lost 2 draft matches last night and I think, from my losses where I was vastly out skilled, that chem still isn't that important. Example, my draft team was 100 chem with Ronaldo, Van Bastien, Figo, Pogba, IF Toure and Neuer with a few others in there. Lost 6-0 with 85 rating against a team with 70 chem and 81 rating. Dude was crazy good too though.

Other game was 3-1 due to an OG from my keeper (still wonky) a bad pass and a legit good roulette in my box. My goal was from the kick off glitch which still works.

Noticed: refs are a lot more apt to blow the whistle now and call fouls. In the two games I played I gave up 2 penalties that were questionable. Tapping B once to tug back and the player just dropped.

Keepers are better than last year but still do weird poo poo. Neuer ran off his line to grab a ball. Instead of diving to grab it he dove and hit it with his head. The rebound went in the goal.

Pace isn't that important.

Shooting feels more fluid than last year.

The LT catch pass thing that has been mentioned is annoying because I do that too.

Right now packs are 2k coins. The things I did was bought all my draft tokens, quick sold everything I didn't need, and continued.

Draft rewards for out in the first game were a regular gold pack, silver player pack, loaned player pack (85-90) and either another star loan pack or whatever. Sold everything not gold to buy packs. There are already TOTW players up there. No idea if they will stay past beta.

The trade market glitched for me. Tried to buy a player and nothing shows up on the watch, outbid, bought list. The money went through though.

There is a trainer mode that puts a huge circle around your selected player and tells you what buttons you can push (minus modifiers) to play to appeal to new players I guess.

Free kicks are easier to score. I scored 3-4 in single player. The season you start off at is ridiculously easy. Only played 2 games of it though.

The ref is biased sometimes. Had my guy literally body checked from behind in the box and the ref called no harm. Happens a bit, and blew the whistle for the other team a lot.

The transfer market made a change in max amount of coins spent per player. I sold Ideye as a bid of 350 and a max buy now at 100k coins.

Draft is good, don't forget to fill reserves and subs. You can get more better players to equal out the team more. Formations are different every time too.

It's better than last years hands down, but it's still FIFA. I wish I could try career to see how the scouting system is and all that cause that poo poo drove me nuts.

Edit: yes, I am a bad player. Just saying what I noticed. Not debating skill or lack there of.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The beta is about checking the functionality of the Ultimate team system rather than the gameplay

And also you're real real bad

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think I just need to remember to hold R1 whenever I'm passing it to anyone offscreen because if you don't the defense basically rushes out and intercepts it every time.

Also I know it's a beta so I'm sure it will be fixed but very commonly my radar and player name/power indicator bar go away during the game and never come back

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Soulex posted:

The transfer market made a change in max amount of coins spent per player. I sold Ideye as a bid of 350 and a max buy now at 100k coins.

What? You mean price bands? That's been in the game. I'm very confused by your entire one thought per line post. I think you are telling me I should buy this game.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The kickoff glitch has been in the game for years, you basically just have to expect that 90% of your team won't be defending when the opponent kicks off and you foul the poo poo out of them quickly or try to contain and hopefully get the tackle yourself.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious to see if there will be any pro clubs improvements. The improved defense seems promising. How is their defending against over-the-top through balls?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

The kickoff glitch has been in the game for years, you basically just have to expect that 90% of your team won't be defending when the opponent kicks off and you foul the poo poo out of them quickly or try to contain and hopefully get the tackle yourself.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the kickoff glitch in any posts recently though?

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Good men must not obey the laws too well

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm curious to see if there will be any pro clubs improvements. The improved defense seems promising. How is their defending against over-the-top through balls?

Lobbed through balls just suck more, but that's coming from someone whose beta team has like 34 chemistry. I don't know if the defending is really any better.

Defenders DO step out and cut off obviously slow, lazy passes, which is a noted improvement from...every previous version where they just watch them run by or run away to mark a zone instead of picking up a loose ball.

The one thing that would really make clubs better is just having every CPU guy not be the size of The Rock. Why is my fullback the size of a defensive end?

e: posted in PS4 thread but lol, played a kid who had Bale on his team. Best I can tell I can only open up gold packs in the beta that give like 1 player at a time, max. But I can do this ad infinitum. Did he really just sit in front of his TV For hours grinding packs to get a good player or 2 for a beta where his team will be presumably wiped out when retail goes live? the most FIFA thing ever, that.

Really hoping for significant pro clubs improvements. It's the best mode in the game if you have a few friends to play with, other than going up against never ending 5 man defenses employed by a pair of 13 year olds that do nothing but sprint and spam through balls. Wouldn't mind seeing 5 man back line formations straight up banned from pro clubs. Take some inspiration from EASHL on NHL 16 and even the playing field as much as possible, especially removing any cheap bullshit like that.

pretend to care fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 14, 2015

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you win any games at all you get flooded with packs in draft mode and the draft tokens are basically free (50 coins for a draft token atm)

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean if you win any games at all you get flooded with packs in draft mode and the draft tokens are basically free (50 coins for a draft token atm)

Yeah but best I could tell (again, in like 25 minutes, so maybe not a good sample size) those packs only have like 1 player in each of them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You think it's impossible someone got a good player from a pack without opening hundreds of them?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

pretend to care posted:

Yeah but best I could tell (again, in like 25 minutes, so maybe not a good sample size) those packs only have like 1 player in each of them.

I think they're just like normal packs, they have 11 items and could contain anywhere from 0 to 11 players but I mean it's weighted so on average I think you get like 0-3 players or something.

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

RCarr posted:

You think it's impossible someone got a good player from a pack without opening hundreds of them?

No, it's just very unlikely.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean it happens though, there's a streamer I watch who literally never paid for a single pack but did the manager tasks thing and got Suarez in his 4 card pack on stream

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

The beta is about checking the functionality of the Ultimate team system rather than the gameplay

And also you're real real bad

Yup, it's been covered. I've grew up playing FPS games, and Fifa was the first "real" sports game I ever played. Don't care, having fun.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What? You mean price bands? That's been in the game. I'm very confused by your entire one thought per line post. I think you are telling me I should buy this game.

The price bands right now on 15 are ridiculous and caused a huge outcry in terms of unfairness, and ended up having people sit on players instead of selling them because the amount they would be able to sell them for was a lot less than what they bought them for. So, I guess to remedy that, instead of making it so Ideye has something like a min bid of 300 coins and a max buy out of 750 coins, they let you list him at 150 coins min, and a mandatory max buy out at 100k.

So it enables people to trade coins a bit more, and won't gently caress the market as bad as it has in the past.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
If anyone fancies trying out ~that other game~, the demo's out and I made a thread. The game is good.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Price ranges are great though, it was just dumb to implement them in the middle of the 'season'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Soulex posted:

Yup, it's been covered. I've grew up playing FPS games, and Fifa was the first "real" sports game I ever played. Don't care, having fun.

The price bands right now on 15 are ridiculous and caused a huge outcry in terms of unfairness, and ended up having people sit on players instead of selling them because the amount they would be able to sell them for was a lot less than what they bought them for. So, I guess to remedy that, instead of making it so Ideye has something like a min bid of 300 coins and a max buy out of 750 coins, they let you list him at 150 coins min, and a mandatory max buy out at 100k.

So it enables people to trade coins a bit more, and won't gently caress the market as bad as it has in the past.

The price bands in 15 are ridiculous and stupid because they were implemented in the middle of the economy and also at a time when the web app was frozen out for trading. Price bands in general are a good idea and I hope they work. The things that hosed the market in the past were botting on the web app. I am still wondering if they will keep the trading on the web app frozen out.

• Locked thread