Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

hopterque posted:

Price ranges are great though, it was just dumb to implement them in the middle of the 'season'.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The price bands in 15 are ridiculous and stupid because they were implemented in the middle of the economy and also at a time when the web app was frozen out for trading. Price bands in general are a good idea and I hope they work. The things that hosed the market in the past were botting on the web app. I am still wondering if they will keep the trading on the web app frozen out.

Yup! Agree on both accounts. I bought a bunch of Pirlo IFs looking to make some money only to pretty much lose everything. Which wasn't much cause it was only like 3-4 because I hardly play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If anyone fancies trying out ~that other game~, the demo's out and I made a thread. The game is good.

I see flashes of interesting aspects of Pro Evo every year I try their demo, but the whole motion-blur thing is a deal-breaker. Is that still an issue?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Every year people say Pro Evo has better gameplay but then everyone still complains about it. Even if Pro Evo has slightly better gameplay, i'll take full licensing, fut, and being able to find a good connection over that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Every year people say Pro Evo has better gameplay but then everyone still complains about it. Even if Pro Evo has slightly better gameplay, i'll take full licensing, fut, and being able to find a good connection over that.

Some people say every year that pro evo has better gameplay, but here's the thing, they're lying and bad.

Pro Evo had better gameplay 10 years ago, but it's been awful for like 7 or 8 years now and continues to be so.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Anybody with beta access playing on xbox? And if so, tried streaming to a win 10 machine? Fifa 15 works unless you want to play FUT. Pretty annoying

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
the fifa 16 beta sucks rear end. its a piece of poo poo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

TheBigAristotle posted:

I see flashes of interesting aspects of Pro Evo every year I try their demo, but the whole motion-blur thing is a deal-breaker. Is that still an issue?

I think the blur thing was just a bug in 2014. It's definitely not an issue now.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

the fifa 16 beta sucks rear end. its a piece of poo poo

ahem

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I mean it's a beta, there's a very decent chance the gameplay is not necessarily representative of the final product

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

pretend to care posted:

Really hoping for significant pro clubs improvements. It's the best mode in the game if you have a few friends to play with, other than going up against never ending 5 man defenses employed by a pair of 13 year olds that do nothing but sprint and spam through balls. Wouldn't mind seeing 5 man back line formations straight up banned from pro clubs. Take some inspiration from EASHL on NHL 16 and even the playing field as much as possible, especially removing any cheap bullshit like that.

For the sake of pro clubs, I just hope that playing defense is possible again.

We're a bunch of weirdos that have been playing clubs with manual controls and without anyone playing as any since they introduced the mode. It's been becoming gradually harder and harder for the past couple of games, but 15 just made us basically give up after three months or so.

One or two guys playing centre backs and getting help from mid used to be able to play really solid defense, but since they introduced the "momentum" to movement, there's been no hope for the defender in 1vs1's. This obviously makes all the attacking players play with 5'8 midgets with maximal sprint speed, since just running past the defenders is the most effective strategy.

I'm hoping 16 is better, but looking at the direction the game has been heading in recently, I don't have much faith. Doubt I can avoid buying it in any case since I'm a huge sucker, but at least now there's an alternative to pro clubs that has 100% of the same kind of fun and zero of the frustration: Rocket League.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean it's a beta, there's a very decent chance the gameplay is not necessarily representative of the final product

Yeah it will be worse

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean if you win any games at all you get flooded with packs in draft mode and the draft tokens are basically free (50 coins for a draft token atm)

They wont be in the main game tho

pretend to care posted:

e: posted in PS4 thread but lol, played a kid who had Bale on his team. Best I can tell I can only open up gold packs in the beta that give like 1 player at a time, max. But I can do this ad infinitum. Did he really just sit in front of his TV For hours grinding packs to get a good player or 2 for a beta where his team will be presumably wiped out when retail goes live? the most FIFA thing ever, that.

This is completely wrong, 1 player in a pack, how poo poo have your packs been?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Follow That Fish! posted:

One or two guys playing centre backs and getting help from mid used to be able to play really solid defense, but since they introduced the "momentum" to movement, there's been no hope for the defender in 1vs1's. This obviously makes all the attacking players play with 5'8 midgets with maximal sprint speed, since just running past the defenders is the most effective strategy.

EA introduced the 'half jockey sprint' thing which should allow defenders to be a lot more effective in 1vs1 situations, CBs should be slightly less hopeless against pacey agile defenders as they shouldn't be able to throw you around quite as easily by just zigzagging a bit. The automatic interceptions should also help somewhat.

On the other hand people on the fifa reddit are saying that fake shots seem even more effective so this might not matter at all.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Can someone tell me the use of Fake Tackle? (X when defending on PS4)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd assume to fake the ballhandler into trying to bolt past you.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I meant more has anyone found a way to use it in game, I try to use it but doesn't seem to have any effect as far as I can tell against CPU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

They wont be in the main game tho

Sure I just meant it explains how he could have a good player already

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i haven't lost a match in the fifa 16 beta and i still think it's an utter piece of poo poo. not surprising after the last few years, i think fifa hasn't been any good since like 2010. players move like retarded tanks but i guess people don't care since you can trade pokemon-like cards like a child and poo poo. gently caress fifa. don't buy this game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i haven't lost a match in the fifa 16 beta and i still think it's an utter piece of poo poo. not surprising after the last few years, i think fifa hasn't been any good since like 2010. players move like retarded tanks but i guess people don't care since you can trade pokemon-like cards like a child and poo poo. gently caress fifa. don't buy this game.

All these stockholm syndrome motherfuckers are gonna buy it regardless and EA will keep churning out poo poo. Very sad

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I love both of you.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

are you just not in the beta or what

(just kidding, but for real the players really do move really badly and I don't know why but it feels awful moving around, much worse than last year imo)

So far I'm like 3-7 against people which is kinda nuts since I won most of my games last year, I just can't do poo poo in this beta

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I told yall fuckers.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The beta is weird. Defending is very hard. It seems impossible to push a player off the ball without it being called a foul. Pace is still there but it doesn't seem as important. Been playing against the CPU in FUT seasons/tournys to get the hang of it.

Also the CPU scored a bullshit winner on me. Look at this loving rocket: http://i.imgur.com/L0iRNzu.gifv
another angle: http://i.imgur.com/HTmZvUB.gifv

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That second angle is a must-click. What the hell lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So, the new "cheese" is gonna be the right bumper + pass/cross/through. Goes like a loving laser, dead on accurate.

And the computer does those weird shots or volleys sometimes on me too. It's odd.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

TheBigAristotle posted:

That second angle is a must-click. What the hell lol
I was legit confused and had to watch all the replays to grasp how that goal happened.

Soulex posted:

So, the new "cheese" is gonna be the right bumper + pass/cross/through. Goes like a loving laser, dead on accurate.

And the computer does those weird shots or volleys sometimes on me too. It's odd.
Yeah R1+pass is super overpowered and awesome. The only downside to it I've noticed is sometimes a players first touch is poo poo because of the pass. But thats when some lovely bronze players. I'm sure with golds it'll be just fine and even more overpowered.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, I've used nothing but gold really and it sticks to their feet most of the time regardless on how hard the pass is hit. Sometimes the pass fucks up and doesn't know where you want it to go so it just goes forward. That and sometimes it's too fast, like sweating it in front of goal. Regular passes sometimes go behind, and RB pass will over shoot sometimes. 90% of the time though it is one the money.

Tried to use RB pass to shoot and it doesn't go like that towards the net :(.

I've been buying packs with coins like crazy because they are 2k each and it's stupid easy to get that. Got the LB Ligue 1 in form, Costa, and Courtois so far.

A lot of the kits are also just white because they haven't been put in the game yet.

On of the glitches and issues I see right now is during game play, for single player, if you don't start with your keeper on the right side of the pitch your player bar won't show up until the second half. Meaning no player bar on the bottom left to gauge shot power/pass power/fatigue or who it is. Kind of annoying.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's like watching an addict relapse... stick to coins Soulex :(

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The RB pass doesnt seem overpowered to me, very often the players take an awful touch.

Tbh if the gameplay in the beta is the game play in the final game (which I read it wasnt) then Fifa 16 is gonna be a shiny turd.

FUT draft is fun to play, till you play a match and then its awful as the gameplay feels so bad. Its funny that theres a glitch that takes away what player name you're controlling, because without it you cant tell as everyone feels the same

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

It's like watching an addict relapse... stick to coins Soulex :(

Nope. Not even gonna touch it really. I'm still gonna buy PES and really only playing FIFA 16 beta because it's nice to not have a million players on a market, 2k packs are cheap and worth it (quick selling the pack nets like 1.5k) and between this and World of Tanks I don't play much else. Until the expac of Destiny comes out Sept 15.

Trust me. Those days are long past. I don't drink much if at all, I have a son with another on the way, and don't have the disposable income like before after buying a new house and car.

Edit: where did you read it wasn't going to be the same game play Taff?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I read somewhere that the beta was to test the functionality of the modes as opposed to the actual gameplay.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

I read somewhere that the beta was to test the functionality of the modes as opposed to the actual gameplay.

I hope it's true because I am not at all impressed with the gameplay currently.

Draft mode is pretty cool though. Had a team with Pele, Figo, Ronaldo, IF Toure and Bergkamp last night. But I've also had a team where my highest player was Bale and the chemistry was 70 because they kept giving me weird poo poo.

I do it as much as I can on single player, the rewards are pretty good but vary. Jumbo Gold pack, gold players pack, and silver pack has been most consistent so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anyway to get into the beta for those of us who weren't lucky?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

The RB pass doesnt seem overpowered to me, very often the players take an awful touch.

Tbh if the gameplay in the beta is the game play in the final game (which I read it wasnt) then Fifa 16 is gonna be a shiny turd.

FUT draft is fun to play, till you play a match and then its awful as the gameplay feels so bad. Its funny that theres a glitch that takes away what player name you're controlling, because without it you cant tell as everyone feels the same

Glad you feel the same way I do about the gameplay and that it's not just that I'm poo poo

The dudes really feel like they weigh 500 pounds and even like Ronaldo and Messi take forever to change the direction of the ball

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is true every year, it's one of those things like how the demo also doesn't play anything like the final product.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

This is true every year, it's one of those things like how the demo also doesn't play anything like the final product.

Yeah, I'm not even going to base my opinion on the demo because the demo on Fifa 13 was one of the worst things I've ever played and the final game was fun, 14 played nothing like the demo and same with 15 (or any other year). At the other hand PES demo is mostly gameplay finished and this year even if it looks awful (wax everywhere) it's a huge improvement from PES 2015, not hard to achieve but hell, it's even fun, shame on potato club names.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Fired up 15 today for some online for the first time in ages and the matchmaking is so hosed, my team is basically all Championship players and I'm getting matched up against teams with all golds including Neymar / Bale / Ronaldo who are apparently the same rating as me. loving dumb.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The gameplay is always exactly the same in the demo as it is in the final game. The only thing they will tweak is FUT stuff to make sure people spend more $. Don't get your hopes up. If you buy the game you're a sucker

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

African AIDS cum posted:

The gameplay is always exactly the same in the demo as it is in the final game. The only thing they will tweak is FUT stuff to make sure people spend more $. Don't get your hopes up. If you buy the game you're a sucker

demo and beta aren't the same thing, unless you meant beta instead of demo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It doesn't matter what he means because he's totally wrong either way, but AAC loves to troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Fired up 15 today for some online for the first time in ages and the matchmaking is so hosed, my team is basically all Championship players and I'm getting matched up against teams with all golds including Neymar / Bale / Ronaldo who are apparently the same rating as me. loving dumb.

Players are cheaper now. You are getting matched to people around your division level.

• Locked thread