Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

surc posted:

Good news! It turns out you're wrong, and dishonored is actually a way better game than deus ex hr.

I'm hate to break it to you but you're wrong about me being wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

dishonored lets you stop time, like a character from my favorite japanese manga series. therefore it is win.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

The wage gap is accelerating to the point where we might not be able to contain it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

If Americans wanted jobs, they would take it. Blaming the average American for being too lazy or poor to take available jobs because it is beneath them is insulting to everyone. Politicians do not know how the average American feels under their progressively harmful policies.
Progressive policies have social engineered companies with so many new regulations as to hamper them. Nearly 100 million Americans are unemployed and living on welfare. There are so many different taxes and all of them adds to the cost of hiring. One tax is a fraction of the entire cost of doing business.

Illegal aliens would have to make an average income of $60000 a year to offset all the government handouts it gives out. It costs a lot more than the couple of dollars each year to support them that gets tossed around. All it does is move resources around from one place to hide the true cost of supporting the welfare of illegals. The established citizens already benefit the local economy and make use of the infrastructure in place and tend to not get so much in handouts. If illegal immigrants were a boon, why not give the same subsidies to the natives so that they can fill job openings and be insulated from bear markets? That won't happen, because it won't get Democrats more votes compared to an emerging group numbering in the millions that could tip future elections in their favor.

A proven idea that makes lots of profits and zeroes out unemployment, would be to open up all the public land to Fracking. I don't know why the government raises it nose to states that have revitalized their economies and it provides a whole lot more energy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Energy production is through the roof in states that have it.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought it was the D&D thread. Certainly not a shortage of Liberal flag-waving in a thread where the government is turning out to be the result of Progressive policies. I forgot only Progressive viewpoints matter, what with most of the corners dedicated for lefty causes. Countering my view points with left-leaning sources is enough to prove me a liar because it was used against me.

How are Progressive policies helping the poor anyway? Two more years and the gap in income from poor and rich are accelerating thanks to people like you.

lmao

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Man, I hope Deus Ex Universe games are actually better than HR though. HR was okay, but even though the maps were bigger than the average stealth game, it felt so drat confined. Too bad Eidos kinda hosed up Thief so I'm not sure how much trust I have in them to make the Deus Ex series amazing again at this point.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you mean that is not a verbatim quote pulled from deus es?

i wanted orange soda it gave me fracking

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Contra Calculus posted:

Man, I hope Deus Ex Universe games are actually better than HR though. HR was okay, but even though the maps were bigger than the average stealth game, it felt so drat confined. Too bad Eidos kinda hosed up Thief so I'm not sure how much trust I have in them to make the Deus Ex series amazing again at this point.

Honestly if be okay if they continued at the same level as HR. I'm not sure what you mean by making the series amazing again since only the first game was amazing and IW made it so the entire series was mediocre before HR. That's how bad IW sucked.

Dec 26, 2012

my alternative fossil fuel source is augmented

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The only thing I wish to say about Deus Ex politics is lol if you ever chose an illuminati ending.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

What the gently caress does this LF poo poo have to do with video games, or any games other than the idiot who posted it did so in a dues ex thread for some inexplicable reason?

robots are a metaphor for illegal immigrants apparently

Dec 26, 2012

Ekster posted:

The only thing I wish to say about Deus Ex politics is lol if you ever chose an illuminati ending.

illuminati ending in the original was by far the most sensible ending, sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cur1uMGrxs

sorry if you cant handle this ownage

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Mach2 posted:

Dishonored is a marginally better game than Invisible War, but only because IW is a honkin' great mess of garbage. It's also better than Nu-Thief. Still not a good game by any stretch of the imagination.

That's loving stupid to say.

Dec 26, 2012

dishonored was good, just way too easy

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

now let me tell you how to balance the US budget like a family bank account

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

i really enjoyed the high chaos ending

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

01011001 posted:

illuminati ending in the original was by far the most sensible ending, sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cur1uMGrxs

sorry if you cant handle this ownage

dude you can become techno god or the illuminati's bitch

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

i really enjoyed the high chaos ending

so many people in games complained about how you ~had~ to play the game in a really un-fun way to get the ~proper~ ending

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The "good" ending is really boring and the "bad" ending ends with you slaughtering your way through an entire nation's military while a thunderstorm goes on.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm hate to break it to you but you're wrong about me being wrong

well gently caress

E: I guess I'm sorry then man, I mean I was pretty sure I was right about you being wrong, and now I just don't even know what to believe in.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Remember, JC, a free market with minimal governmental oversight is always the best market.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

surc posted:

well gently caress

E: I guess I'm sorry then man, I mean I was pretty sure I was right about you being wrong, and now I just don't even know what to believe in.

It's okay.

It happens to all of us some time.

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Remember, JC, a free market with minimal governmental oversight is always the best market.

stick with the tax cuts. cut with the cuts

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

stick with the tax cuts. cut with the cuts

Just in case though, we're libertarians.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

conceitedguy posted:

If Americans wanted jobs, they would take it. Blaming the average American for being too lazy or poor to take available jobs because it is beneath them is insulting to everyone. Politicians do not know how the average American feels under their progressively harmful policies.
Progressive policies have social engineered companies with so many new regulations as to hamper them. Nearly 100 million Americans are unemployed and living on welfare. There are so many different taxes and all of them adds to the cost of hiring. One tax is a fraction of the entire cost of doing business.

Illegal aliens would have to make an average income of $60000 a year to offset all the government handouts it gives out. It costs a lot more than the couple of dollars each year to support them that gets tossed around. All it does is move resources around from one place to hide the true cost of supporting the welfare of illegals. The established citizens already benefit the local economy and make use of the infrastructure in place and tend to not get so much in handouts. If illegal immigrants were a boon, why not give the same subsidies to the natives so that they can fill job openings and be insulated from bear markets? That won't happen, because it won't get Democrats more votes compared to an emerging group numbering in the millions that could tip future elections in their favor.

A proven idea that makes lots of profits and zeroes out unemployment, would be to open up all the public land to Fracking. I don't know why the government raises it nose to states that have revitalized their economies and it provides a whole lot more energy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Energy production is through the roof in states that have it. The person reading this is a human being.

A bomb!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought it was the D&D thread. Certainly not a shortage of Liberal flag-waving in a thread where the government is turning out to be the result of Progressive policies. I forgot only Progressive viewpoints matter, what with most of the corners dedicated for lefty causes. Countering my view points with left-leaning sources is enough to prove me a liar because it was used against me.

How are Progressive policies helping the poor anyway? Two more years and the gap in income from poor and rich are accelerating thanks to people like you.

you are dumb. here take my knife.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 10, 2014

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uOA3IqJDdY

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
deus ex kinda sounds like 'day of sex'

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Password?

Dec 26, 2012

Rand Paul: Oh my god...America!
Obama: What a shame.
Rand Paul: There must be something we can do.
Obama: It was a good country. What a rotten way to die.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

Rand Paul: Oh my god...America!
Obama: What a shame.
Rand Paul: There must be something we can do.
Obama: It was a good country. What a rotten way to die.

Thats not the password no weapon mods from Not Morpheus for you

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
video games of the late 90's/early 2000's actually have a lot to say about economics

Diablo 2 taught us about inflation for example

Dec 26, 2012

Gold and Paper. Gold was the backbone of this great country's economy, Paper was the greenback printing that brought it down.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
username: gop001
password: smashthestate

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How many people blew up that poor tiny sentry bot with a GEP gun on liberty island

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Widestancer posted:

How many people blew up that poor tiny sentry bot with a GEP gun on liberty island

I always destroyed it by spending far too much time moving a TNT crate into its patrol route

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
how many idiots didn't take the GEP gun?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

(raises hand)

I tended to rely on rifles and I didn't like the inventory space it would take up

Dec 26, 2012

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

i didnt my first time because i didnt know what GEP gun meant but i knew what a sniper rifle was

then i found out you can get both of the other two weapons on the island anyway so i restarted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

If you don't take the GEP gun you may have to use the LAW for heavy armor

the GEP gun is good, but the LAW is goddamn hilarious

• Locked thread