Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alt tabs out of Old World Blues to like a I loving Love Science facebook post for the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Alt tabs out of Old World Blues to like a I loving Love Science facebook post for the win.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

post some science team tube comics in this thread lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Soral posted:

post some science team tube comics in this thread lol

science team is the loving best

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

What the gently caress even is monkey cheese

Goofy random horseshit that dumbasses lap up.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guest posted:

Fallout 3 only sucks by virtue of not being NV, which you can say about most games.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goofy random horseshit that dumbasses lap up.

A term which therefore cannot apply to Old world Blues, whose humour is not random but arises organically from the situation, story and themes of the DLC, and which is not goofy but ties in with much darker and more tragic character elements.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

2house2fly posted:

A term which therefore cannot apply to Old world Blues, whose humour is not random but arises organically from the situation, story and themes of the DLC, and which is not goofy but ties in with much darker and more tragic character elements.

Also it has Rusty Venture in it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

2house2fly posted:

What's dark about OWB?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's dark about OWB?

the colour of the sky?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Old World Blues is like drinking a gallon of AIDS blood.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

*in extremely gay voice* its a walking eye!!!!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's dark about OWB?
A ton of the areas are associated with horrific suffering and death, from Little Yangtze and the place where the cazadores slaughtered everyone, to places like the Innovative Toxins Plant and the weather control station which gain darkness from their association with other DLC areas, to the very existence of the trauma harnesses and lobotomites.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

2house2fly posted:

A ton of the areas are associated with horrific suffering and death, from Little Yangtze and the place where the cazadores slaughtered everyone, to places like the Innovative Toxins Plant and the weather control station which gain darkness from their association with other DLC areas, to the very existence of the trauma harnesses and lobotomites.

The Innovative Toxins plant manufacturers the Fail AIDS that the DLC runs on.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Man I still dunno why you all rank Honest Hearts so high. Joshua Graham was cool, the Survivalist side story was cool, and that's it. The rest was doing fetch quests for boring and badly voiced tribals and a boring Mormon that isn't cool like Joshua. Tribals are the worst poo poo, man, and I've hated them ever since Fallout 2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Man I still dunno why you all rank Honest Hearts so high. Joshua Graham was cool, the Survivalist side story was cool, and that's it. The rest was doing fetch quests for boring and badly voiced tribals and a boring Mormon that isn't cool like Joshua. Tribals are the worst poo poo, man, and I've hated them ever since Fallout 2.

I've never actually played the DLC for the game so I just take Ragg's opinion as the truth. Farewell.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish all Mormons were like Joshua Graham. It would make this state I live in less boring and more warzone.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Being light on quests is cool because you can just explore the valley. There's not much to find though, and that's a shame.

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

i like the area mostly, and also i dont hate tribals

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

2house2fly posted:

Ah, ok, you mean all those optional areas you never have to visit are pretty dark. Gotcha. loving retard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The goofy skeleton robots in space suits that yell comical poo poo at you are pretty drat dark, also.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's a twist thoguh...those skeletons used to be alive. Chew on that.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
these suits have a skeleton inside you and they move. so do you. who's the real horror here

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im gonna be the dark horse poster

you want to play honest hearts BEFORE dead money, because it's the most low-key and has the tamest rewards, if you play it after dead money you'll be like wtf i just got a holorifle and a bagrillion dollars why would i wnt some fuckig hat and bitch claws

also lonesome road isn't that bad, its actually a pretty fun challenge, i'd put it above honest hearts personally

Dec 26, 2012

if you dont use a light shining in darkness a bunch after doing honest hearts idk what to tell you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

im gonna be the dark horse poster

you want to play honest hearts BEFORE dead money, because it's the most low-key and has the tamest rewards, if you play it after dead money you'll be like wtf i just got a holorifle and a bagrillion dollars why would i wnt some fuckig hat and bitch claws

You get 2 of the highest dps in their class weapons and the best light armour for beating honest hearts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always break the bank at the Sierra Madre, but I don;t htink I ever actually needed to go back and use the vending machine ever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You get 2 of the highest dps in their class weapons

yeah, the BABY classes

quote:

and the best light armour for beating honest hearts.

i usually wore the stealth suit so that i wouldnt have to manually cure cazador poison tbh

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SunAndSpring posted:

on the other hand, killing a bear while hallucinating was a surprisingly fun experience, especially since i brought a grenade launcher with me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

yeah, the BABY classes

i usually wore the stealth suit so that i wouldnt have to manually cure cazador poison tbh

Snakebite Tourniquets.

Soral
May 30, 2009

turning your back on the lonesome road should have locked you out of the dlc forever. just an idea

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You should have been able to kill Ulysses if you spotted him along the road.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im gonna be honest, i did like no crafting after the dead money (despite collecting literally everything i found), and before that i could only be hosed to make energy ammo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Neurolimal posted:

im gonna be honest, i did like no crafting after the dead money (despite collecting literally everything i found), and before that i could only be hosed to make energy ammo

i don't think i've ever crafted in new vegas

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i don't think i've ever crafted in new vegas

fiery purgatives are super easy to make and are pretty handy to stretch out radaway usage

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello i didn't read this thread but dead money s*cked thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ah, ok, you mean all those optional areas you never have to visit are pretty dark. Gotcha. loving retard.
Yes, you only come into contact with the dark stuff if you actually bother to explore and engage with the game area, and pay attention to your surroundings. Only a mentally disabled person would do that sort of thing though. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread