Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If the Stalker games weren't completely broken piles of lovely coding they would be much much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The DLCs are much more fun if you're on Hardcore and/or using Jsawyer, PN or something like those

OWB is much more fun if you're using EVE

Also Stalker Clear Sky shouldn't be a Stalker game imo it just didn't have the same quality to me as the others

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

AHungryRobot posted:

eve loving kicks rear end. kind of finicky to get running with other mods but the extra crit effects and poo poo just look so cool.

Getting mods to work together is one of the reasons I stopped working on oblivion engine mods altogether; if the mod project you are working with gets popular enough you have to end up making it work with other mods

At least Eve had the foresight to plan for this which makes it much nicer than the iron sights mod for Fallout 3; gently caress getting that thing to work right with other mods

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Effectronica posted:

gun runner's arsenal should probably be between lonesome road and old world blues

GRA is good but hilarious in that it exposes one of the serious issues with the Oblivion engine: DLC can't talk to one another

The entire reason for the GRA versions of identical weapons to exist is because of that. The weapons mods extended guys had to make a tool to toggle the GRA flag to work with it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Effectronica posted:

that, and the problem that the prices are way out of whack with the original weapons for the benefits they bring.

the preorder packs are probably at the very bottom because you get them immediately and they trivialize much of the early game

The GRA weapons all come at 100% condition which by default inflates their cost. I get where they were going with it lore wise since they're newly manufactured but it really made them much more useless unless you abused the Sierra Madre or the luck system.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I really hated Dead Money, it was incredibly unfun. Everything was the same color of like, adobe red which the the most boring color ever, and then they take away all of your weapons and gear which is like, one of the worst things an RPG can do. Then you have to run around a maze-like villa, but you're only railroaded in one direction because there's death fog and radios that blow your head up all over the place so it doesn't even feel worth exploring. Then you have to run around a run-down building for like an hour or two but now there are unkillable enemies roaming around that you have to either sneak by, or pixel hunt for dumb emitters that are scattered all over the place. The hosed up part is that I didn't even get to that point because the door to the fireworks tower just wouldn't respond to prompts and it wouldn't let me setstage it. Dead Money is one of the most miserable experiences in modern gaming.

Look at this guy who thinks Ghost People are difficult and unkillable

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I meant the holograms, ghost people are so easy as to be laughable. It's weird cause the two enemies are either unkillable or incredibly easy.

The holograms only block the most obvious paths though and have a really generous alert time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Anchorage was cool but kinda short and GFWL

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zombie Squared posted:

Not gonna lie, I have only ever played vanilla fallout 3. I guess it was cool for bringing the franchise into the modern era, but goddamn did they ruin what made fallout good. Aka actual choices and reasonable dialogue.

I enjoyed the ability to make a meaningful choice to be drugged and raped by Myron in Fallout 2

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zombie Squared posted:

I didn't like how if you spend the time to figure out the correct answers to the bridge dude he didn't explode.

You can make him explode

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

how bad are the ghost people with jsawyer? I know armor's ramped the gently caress up

Jsawyer allows for Dog's perk to proc still and makes the bonus limb damage weapon modifiers much more worthwhile in my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eve makes old world blues more fun

• Locked thread