Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've been working with this, and while I admittedly haven't tried Stasis, I think I prefer Standstill backed by the control suite that's available (Counterspell, Swords, Wrath), particularly because Venser can lift the standstill on your turns.

As for WW, I think control just has too many goodies for it to really compete; in my games against Procrastinator this morning, There was a world of difference between playing against his Reanimator compared to the decks without counterspells in them.

Yeah, my general impression has been that aggro looks to be pretty weak. Between powered out wurmcoils and batterskulls, swords, wrath, dismember, balance, etc. it just seems like it might not be a real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

OneDeadman posted:

I dunno. I've been messing around with Merfolk and it seems to be working out fairly well.

Merfolk isn't aggro though, it's fish. Your list has counters in it.

• Locked thread