Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Playing music in the key of HIP!
Fun Shoe
New ferret owner. The previous iteration of this thread convinced me of weasel supremacy. A question: does every ferret look bored and yawn when you scruff them? Both of mine do every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
A selection of my ferts.

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Keegers posted:

I'm planning on buying two ferrets(8 week old), my main concern is fert proofing my room. Mainly because my computer has so many cords I don't want them getting into it and biting it by accident. Should I tape down my cords or is there a better way?

Also side note, what size cage should I be looking at? I have an old rat cage but I'm assuming it's pretty small for ferrets.

Mine have never done much with cords except to use them to drag things around. Bitter apple is handy otherwise. You will have to watch them since you will miss something. Somewhere I have a video of the weasels running g a round and me suddenly cutting the video while saying "oh shi-" because the one managed to climb a cardboard barrier behind the deep freeze.

As for the cage you will definitely need something bigger. And litter boxes. There will be poop.

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Phobophilia posted:

do ferrets even recognize carbs as food

Yes. I got 2 that spent a year in the pet shop. The one likes to steal granola bars out of my lunch bag and slowly chew on them. He also stole a bag of goldfish crackers from my lady. Same result. My little girl goes batshit for rice. So much that we had to throw out the dig box we made for them because she kept loving up her digestion. A goddamn yeast infection in her stomach.
They both love banana and try to get them from us.

Obviously they were feeding them whatever food they had for lunch and now my weasels are probably going to end up with insulinoma in spite of the expensive poo poo I feed them.

Edit: have some pictures.
Ferts

Bhurak fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 14, 2017

• Locked thread