Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Zikan posted:

So the President has a secret coalition to fight ISIS I see.

There were two or three moments when I thought the roll call was coming but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Amused to Death posted:

Oh god c-span Republican caller saying America needs to focus more on home than other nations and doesn't feel safe around minorities driving in LA

Anybody who can't drive around LA is a genuine tard who should't be on the freeway anywhere.:argh:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Another message in the speech that was aimed at reinforcing CIA/DIA briefing to Republican politicos: the solution to Americans joining ISIL is providing better-paying jobs and more pathways to the middle class.

E:

Also, legal ramifications to calling them ISIL vs. ISIS. Congress funding action against ISIS is Congress funding intervention in Syria. Congress funding action against ISIL allows Congress to define Levante when something goes wrong.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 11, 2014

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

J33uk posted:

There were two or three moments when I thought the roll call was coming but nope.
Probably best not to count the chickens.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

fits my needs posted:

But, but he said he was a minority himself?

oh god racist c-span caller

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh boy, we got a live one on c-span

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
C-SPAN Caller: We need a worldwide effort to close down Islamic schools. Lol, just lol. We need to introduce athletics! It's all in the Quran! Peaceful Muslims are not living their lives according to the Quran!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Let's just leave the comment there, Craig!

Asbestos Fresh
Nov 4, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

He wants to wipe out Islam with the power of athletics...

I love c-span so much :3:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

C-SPAN Caller: We need a worldwide effort to close down Islamic schools. Lol, just lol. We need to introduce athletics! It's all in the Quran! Peaceful Muslims are not living their lives according to the Quran!

I am in favor of more Muslim women participating in olympic athletic competitions to win, rather than as political figures to shut up complaints.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
No, but unironically set up an MLB team in Baghdad.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

Baghdad Boomers.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

fits my needs posted:

Kill kill kill kill kill!!!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I know who has both the political and baseball experience necessary to do so.

Bush Leaguers

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
McCain and Carney are taking each other apart on CNN

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

I know who has both the political and baseball experience necessary to do so.

Yes, obviously he should be the manager / team portrait artist.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

Head cheerleader while they're at it - he has experience!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

The New York Times raves: Its like The Rookie meets Moneyball!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

My Imaginary GF posted:

The New York Times raves: Its like The Rookie meets Moneyball!

Thomas Friedman posted:

The next six games are crucial if the Bush Bombers are going to get off the ground this season

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

Majorian posted:

Are you suggesting that Æthelred was somehow..."unready" to deal with the Norsemen?

Surely you're not suggesting that giving one's enemies increasing amounts of gold when they attack is a bad idea!?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

god drat McCain is a dick

also why is Carney just not saying "Status of forces agreement yo"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Amused to Death posted:

also why is Carney just not saying "Status of forces agreement yo"

It expired, right?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

It expired, right?

The Iraqi one, not the Kurdistani one.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ansiktsburk posted:

Surely you're not suggesting that giving one's enemies increasing amounts of gold when they attack is a bad idea!?

That's why I always have to roll my eyes at people who criticize St. Edward the Confessor's rule. Sure, he didn't do much of consequence politically, but do you know how much of an improvement that was over his dad?

Which brings us back to why I still am glad Obama is president, even with him foolishly getting us involved in this no-win situation. Because that's how bad his predecessor was.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Joementum posted:

It expired, right?

Yeah, the one Bush signed and the fact the Iraqi parliament politically couldn't get another one passed

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Forgot to watch the speech, Obama say anything that I'd be surprised by

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
So American handling of Gulf War II and the Syrian Civil War are a large part of what's caused this giant mess in the first place, so what are the bets on what monstrosity springs from this half hearted attempt to bomb the Middle East into stability? I'm putting 2:1 odds on the Kurds coming out with their own state, then taking off the mask and revealing that they've been the real villain behind the scenes all along, 13:1 odds on Israel nuking someone at some point and 50:1 odds on Pope Francis having a stroke and going all Pope Urban II on the whole region.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

So American handling of Gulf War II and the Syrian Civil War are a large part of what's caused this giant mess in the first place, so what are the bets on what monstrosity springs from this half hearted attempt to bomb the Middle East into stability? I'm putting 2:1 odds on the Kurds coming out with their own state, then taking off the mask and revealing that they've been the real villain behind the scenes all along, 13:1 odds on Israel nuking someone at some point and 50:1 odds on Pope Francis having a stroke and going all Pope Urban II on the whole region.

A secular no-man's-lans between Shia and Sunni states in the Middle East. Who populates this secular land? We don't care, as long as they're secular.

I could be wrong, the political advice to the Kurds has been to commit genocide and ethnic cleansing under the guise of Iraqi citizenship. Certainly much easier for the world to support and grant concessions to an independent state that is declared to protect secular minorities from those genocidal islamists and persians.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 11, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

JT Jag posted:

Forgot to watch the speech, Obama say anything that I'd be surprised by

The banking system will be nationalized at 5am tomorrow.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Guess who is also saying this speech sounded a whole lot like a Bush speech

:newt:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can anyone explain to me why he started talking about the auto industry?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

call the danes, call the poles, call the mongols

reassemble the Grand Alliance

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Amused to Death posted:

Guess who is also saying this speech sounded a whole lot like a Bush speech

:newt:

Bush' speeches were primarily aimed at American and Republican voters. Obama's speech was primarily aimed at segments of a global audience to send several, mutually overlaping and reinforcing policy messages.

E:

Badger of Basra posted:

I already did above. Reinforces CIA/DIA briefing to Republicans.

E2: More specific,

My Imaginary GF posted:

Another message in the speech that was aimed at reinforcing CIA/DIA briefing to Republican politicos: the solution to Americans joining ISIL is providing better-paying jobs and more pathways to the middle class.

E:

Also, legal ramifications to calling them ISIL vs. ISIS. Congress funding action against ISIS is Congress funding intervention in Syria. Congress funding action against ISIL allows Congress to define Levante when something goes wrong.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 11, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Badger of Basra posted:

To make us feel good that we are getting involved in a no win situation?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
John Boehner is now calling for "all out war" against ISIS.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
We're going to be bombing Iraq and Syria for the next decade or so aren't we...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

John Boehner is now calling for "all out war" against ISIS.

Could be a signal that hes willing to have Congress fund a make-work stimulus program.

E:

American politics: All it takes to get your opponent to concede to funding your job creation programs is hinting to the NYT where to FOIA.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
and lol at the idea that Yemen and Somalia are examples of US success. Especially Yemen. It's getting more unstable every year.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

New Division posted:

and lol at the idea that Yemen and Somalia are examples of US success. Especially Yemen. It's getting more unstable every year.

That is success. Do you hear about the bombings in Kenya? Uganda? Mozambique? Oman? UAE? KSA? The threat is geographically contained; when the threat ventures out, its sent to Ethiopian, Congan, Nigerian, Liberian, and Nordic black sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Could be a signal that hes willing to have Congress fund a make-work stimulus program.

So, a massive expansion of the military-industrial complex?

• Locked thread