Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Normal Person
Oct 14, 2011
I'd be interested in this too. I'm in the North Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Midget seems to be running ok and I seem to have sorted the clunking from the rear end. Maybe some weekend in February? I'll check which weekends I'm free, I think the 17th or 18th would be good.

How's this for a route? https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBimzwSdQD_A.kfXBLRLWun3s

The first bit is the most difficult, with large portions of 1-way, often rough, road. I've done it on my motorcycle a few times, though. After we hit Pin C it's all quite smooth and lovely.

We could also consider the first Sunday of March, then we could start from the Blackhawk Cars and Coffee in San Ramon and follow much the same route.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
As long as it's not too tight/technical, sounds good to me. I'm pretty much free every weekend, unless something comes up.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

As long as it's not too tight/technical, sounds good to me. I'm pretty much free every weekend, unless something comes up.

The one-lane sections are tight but it's one lane so you should be going pretty slow through there anyway.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

The one-lane sections are tight but it's one lane so you should be going pretty slow through there anyway.

Yeah as long as those of us who don't have tiny roadsters won't get hung up, I'm down.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

Yeah as long as those of us who don't have tiny roadsters won't get hung up, I'm down.

I always see these cocksuckers in giant SUVs heading up and down that stretch of road, so you'll be fine. It might be a tight squeeze if your car is super wide and you meet another big one.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Works for me, then. :getin:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Anyone wanna do Skyline, starting from 92, on Saturday morning (18th)? Then breakfast at Alice's.

Thinking pretty early, like start at 8am from that 92/35 overlook/vista parking lot. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4947397,-122.3682527,227m/data=!3m1!1e3

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Hmm. My parents are going to be in town that day, so I'm not sure that I can.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i work saturdays :negative:

TheLarson
Oct 14, 2004

PREPARE FOR THE WOODSHED!
BOW BEFORE KING JIGGLES!
I've got existing plans this weekend but otherwise that sounds pretty cool.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.
I'm pretty new to the area, but I'd be down to meet up with some bay area auto goons.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

dema posted:

Anyone wanna do Skyline, starting from 92, on Saturday morning (18th)? Then breakfast at Alice's.

Thinking pretty early, like start at 8am from that 92/35 overlook/vista parking lot. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4947397,-122.3682527,227m/data=!3m1!1e3

I could probably do that.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

dema posted:

I'd probably come.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Did Skyline yesterday evening, to break in my new tires. It was glorious.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My dad's agreed to let me use the blue '72 super beetle with dual webers and a 2L stroker motor to come out if the car decides to cooperate, are 100HP cars welcome to try to play? :v:

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Aw man, I'd love to come out and break in the new whip, but I'm going to be at the Redwood City garage doing some work that morning. You guys are all welcome to stop by and say hi though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

My dad's agreed to let me use the blue '72 super beetle with dual webers and a 2L stroker motor to come out if the car decides to cooperate, are 100HP cars welcome to try to play? :v:

I might be showing in a mazda2, so hopefully.

8am is really early though.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

nm posted:

I might be showing in a mazda2, so hopefully.

8am is really early though.

Yeah it is, although the number of retards and bicyclists increase exponentially as the day wears on. Being 10 minutes from where I live, I can hack 8 or whatever you guys decide on. That parking lot is a good place to start.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like I should be able to make it after all; my folks won't be in town until later in the day. Avoiding other traffic on the road sounds like a good plan, and I can manage to convince myself that it's worth getting up early for.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Das Volk posted:

Yeah it is, although the number of retards and bicyclists increase exponentially as the day wears on. Being 10 minutes from where I live, I can hack 8 or whatever you guys decide on. That parking lot is a good place to start.

It is 1.5 hours from me

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'd love to come but I'm going to a wedding that's spread across Friday night and Saturday. I'm hoping for an open bar both nights, fingers crossed because Indian weddings are usually a good time.

Also, the Midget is half-painted and missing its windshield, so I'd have had to drive the Crown Vic anyway, which would have been hilarious up there.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

nm posted:

It is 1.5 hours from me

Ouch, sorry. Also 10 minutes for me. Live right down the hill, off 92.

Love being up there in the morning. Weather looks great this weekend. So, by noon, it's going to be a zoo.

Besides, breakfast at Alice’s is the best and you can usually get seated right away.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Also, the Midget is half-painted and missing its windshield, so I'd have had to drive the Crown Vic anyway, which would have been hilarious up there.

I'll be driving a dirty as gently caress, slightly broken Impala, so your Vic would be in good company.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

dema posted:

Ouch, sorry. Also 10 minutes for me. Live right down the hill, off 92.

Love being up there in the morning. Weather looks great this weekend. So, by noon, it's going to be a zoo.

Besides, breakfast at Alice’s is the best and you can usually get seated right away.

I'll race you up the hill :rice: and I mean 10 minutes from Foster City

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
So is this still happening in the morning? Looks like I'll have a bit of time after all. Probably can't do breakfast at Alice's, but the run around in the hills should be ok.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

McMadCow posted:

So is this still happening in the morning? Looks like I'll have a bit of time after all. Probably can't do breakfast at Alice's, but the run around in the hills should be ok.

I assume so. If I wake up at rear end o'clock and drive 2 hours someone better be there.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I'm still coming.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yes. Confirmed.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.
I'll be there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am en route aomeone call me from the meet point if I have not arrived yet

Edited! Great to see you guys

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 18, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For those of you reading at home, I'm sure there will be better pictures and stories coming in but for the rest of us I dont think e Bug missed a single aspect of VW ownership. Threw the fan belt on the way there (always pack a spare !)

The Viper looked mean as hell.

Alice's was good, not pictured Ferrari Mondial and Alfa Junior.

And while I may have had the slowest car there, i feel fairly confident that i had to work the hardest at earning the drive :radcat:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Yeah that was a lot of fun. Glad you could be here for it, Dr. Fractional Dick Turbo Detective Psylocibe. Agreed, yours was definitely the most "raw" car there. Say what you will about the Viper, but it's not trying near as hard to kill you as a 42-year-old VW.

Good to meet y'all, hopefully we can do this again sometime.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Good times!

dema fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 18, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Has the ACVW community still not figured out how to keep a fanbelt on two pulleys yet?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Has the ACVW community still not figured out how to keep a fanbelt on two pulleys yet?

Every time they do, the cars figure out how to get around it and then share a solution among themselves. If they can't get around it, they pop a gas line off and self-immolate.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

atomicthumbs posted:

Every time they do, the cars figure out how to get around it and then share a solution among themselves. If they can't get around it, they pop a gas line off and self-immolate.

Speaking of which: Isn't a plastic fuel filter in the engine bay bad news?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Those look like Kosei Racing Senecas on the Miata?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Speaking of which: Isn't a plastic fuel filter in the engine bay bad news?

It is, and I have personally replaced and rerouted line to put it on the other side of the firewall and my dad is getting to be incredibly stubborn and decided he wanted it right there and nothing will change his mind . He even watched a '57 oval window vert fully restored burn to the ground in front of him outside a car show from a filter in the engine bay and nothing will convince him otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Raluek posted:

Yeah that was a lot of fun. Glad you could be here for it, Dr. Fractional Dick Turbo Detective Psylocibe. Agreed, yours was definitely the most "raw" car there. Say what you will about the Viper, but it's not trying near as hard to kill you as a 42-year-old VW.

Good to meet y'all, hopefully we can do this again sometime.

Hey now, honorable mention to the impala who threw his huge rear end around like a boss!

• Locked thread