Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I was rooting for Carla early on because I think her first fight was good but what a tepid shitfest she has shown us in her last 2 fights. I kind of don't like Rose' thug attitude where she puts a mean face on after the fight and tries to be all huffy puffy but she is still a good fighter and fun to watch. I wantto see her beat the crap out of Carla but more than likely we will just get another submission. She is good at those for sure.

That was a mean kimura, I thought she was going to break her arm. Hopefully Randa gets a chance to be successful in the UFC because she is definitely one of the most exciting fighters that was in this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rose and her ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED mean mug after freaking out over her Randa win was one of the best moments in the show.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Meowbot posted:

I was rooting for Carla early on because I think her first fight was good but what a tepid shitfest she has shown us in her last 2 fights. I kind of don't like Rose' thug attitude where she puts a mean face on after the fight and tries to be all huffy puffy but she is still a good fighter and fun to watch. I wantto see her beat the crap out of Carla but more than likely we will just get another submission. She is good at those for sure.

That was a mean kimura, I thought she was going to break her arm. Hopefully Randa gets a chance to be successful in the UFC because she is definitely one of the most exciting fighters that was in this season.

Dude, she's not putting on a face. She's from the bad part of Milwaukee. That's how people are there.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Rose "SD" Namajunas

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dude, she's not putting on a face. She's from the bad part of Milwaukee. That's how people are there.

I'm pretty sure you have to make that face for a banker to acknowledge you in Milwaukee.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Magana interviewed about her cool twitter account

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/11/7345613/angela-magana-on-newfound-twitter-infamy-im-actually-just-being-myself

quote:

"My motivation wasn't to gain followers," Magana said. "It was just these f---ing scumbag losers on Twitter who want to abuse me. I'm not gonna sit back and let them abuse me.

"I might as well use it as my tool. I'm like addicted to this s--- now."

Magana, 31, has even spawned her own catchphrases, not unlike the pro-wrestling characters she grew up watching. She has taken to calling her Twitter followers "peasants" and herself "Your Majesty." The latter has stuck so much that she'll be using it as her official UFC nickname. Bruce Buffer will actually announce her as Angela "Your Majesty" Magana on Friday night at the Palms.

"It comes from me being so much better than those f---ing losers on there," Magana said. "I'm not like that in my every day life. I don't think I have peasants and stuff. But on Twitter? Hell yeah."

The ones like Conor McGregor who let it all hang out verbally are the ones who have the bigger chance to stardom, she said. Magana uses her TUF castmate Emily Kagan as an example of the opposite.

"Nobody is gonna f---ing remember Emily," Magana said. "I love Emily, but she has no charisma. She has no personality on TV. Even if she puts on a great fight, nobody remembers those people. The only people they're going to remember is people who talk."

"I believe just being myself, not censoring myself and just being who I am definitely helps me," said Magana, who owns wins over current MMA champions Barb Honchak and Jessica Aguilar. "Ronda been talking her entire career. I'd rather not be the Jon Jones type who's going to be fake and say it's all about Jesus."

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

For her it's all about Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, whatever your name is.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

eine dose socken posted:

For her it's all about Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, whatever your name is.

if people would just loving open their third eye and let the loving sun heal them it would make a whole lot moer sense but nooooo.... loving peasants

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I would have prefered JoJo or Randa in the finals. Rose is an exciting fighter and all, but for some reason I don't care for her. Maybe it's just the contrarian in me that doesn't want to jump on the hype train or maybe the monotone interviews have finally got to me.

Also, :lol: all of the women's fights on the finale besides the final are going on before Joe Proctor vs. Yancy Medeiros.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's assy. I'm definitely more interested in Penne/Markos than either of the man fights.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Food Court Druid posted:

I would have prefered JoJo or Randa in the finals. Rose is an exciting fighter and all, but for some reason I don't care for her. Maybe it's just the contrarian in me that doesn't want to jump on the hype train or maybe the monotone interviews have finally got to me.

Also, :lol: all of the women's fights on the finale besides the final are going on before Joe Proctor vs. Yancy Medeiros.

I concur with this. Think it's the Thug Rose nickname, or the crying, or the fawning on here. She's really good though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's assy. I'm definitely more interested in Penne/Markos than either of the man fights.

I hope Randa gets a chance to do many cool and violent things to Carla in the near future.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
It is so transparently obvious that Rose winning is the best for the UFC, due to her incredible looks alone.

And her fighting style is more fun, AND her fella is a charismatic UFC vet. So much more marketable it's just incalculable.

This is the kind of loaded fight that always goes wrong for the UFC - I'll watch eagerly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
She cleans up nice, but I think Markos and Calderwood are prettier. Rose is undeniably the most fun fighter in the division as far as fight style goes. She pulls the trigger as well as anyone this side of Rousey.

I also think Angela Hill is cute.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

wooger posted:

It is so transparently obvious that Rose winning is the best for the UFC, due to her incredible looks alone.

And her fighting style is more fun, AND her fella is a charismatic UFC vet. So much more marketable it's just incalculable.

This is the kind of loaded fight that always goes wrong for the UFC - I'll watch eagerly.

Looks certainly help but they aren't everything. Meisha Tate is cleans up well but she has the personality of someone who's constantly smelling a fart.

As far as marketability goes Rose is certainly near the top. As quiet as Jojo is she's still a huge asset for the European market. Randa's run during the season makes for a good story for sure. And Angela Hill is really young and has charisma and can pull in the coveted fart joke friendly crowd. Felice is going to stick around because she's about marketing herself and getting media attention.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If Magana can win a fight I give her a 50/50 chance of either doing something so hosed up she gets canned, or successfully deploying her Sonnen/MacGregor studies to recognition.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Question: who do y'all think is going to be the first TUF 20 cast member to get cut?

I'm guessing Kagan, but part of that's just wishful thinking that Angela Hill wins her fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Can anyone with a larger TV and/or brain tell me if Randa was trying to grabb her own shorts during the Kimura? I'm so used to Rogan saying it and then mentioning if a fighter is or isn't doing it that I couldn't tell.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Can anyone with a larger TV and/or brain tell me if Randa was trying to grabb her own shorts during the Kimura? I'm so used to Rogan saying it and then mentioning if a fighter is or isn't doing it that I couldn't tell.

Yeah it looked to me like she was holding on to her shirt. It's a smart move and something Jojo didn't think to do.

Edit: You can see it here: http://gfycat.com/ParchedBarrenHamadryad

Looks like she lost her grip trying to pass.

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 12, 2014

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

So are we using this thread for the GDT then or something?

Also, Charles Oliviera came in 147, lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Yeah it looked to me like she was holding on to her shirt. It's a smart move and something Jojo didn't think to do.

Thanks man. That moment where she snaps into the Pat Barry face will live with me forever, it's such a great TUF moment.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dancing Peasant posted:

Also, Charles Oliviera came in 147, lol

The last time he did this...

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'm torn between "D'oh! Bronx" and "Dough Bronx."

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I think Carla has a good chance of getting submitted by Rose, but I'm not sure she has to go there. She can throw a three punch combo, which makes her 50% better than Frank Mir and three times as good as 90% of the men in the UFC.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dancing Peasant posted:

I'll make one if someone can come up with a funny title.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

K8.0 posted:

I think Carla has a good chance of getting submitted by Rose, but I'm not sure she has to go there. She can throw a three punch combo, which makes her 50% better than Frank Mir and three times as good as 90% of the men in the UFC.

I think if Carla wins, it will almost certainly be by wrestling Rose and avoiding the sub. Carla looked good against Jessica Penne on the feet, but unlike Penne, Rose is good at striking and does not have molasses in her veins.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

double negative posted:

I think if Carla wins, it will almost certainly be by wrestling Rose and avoiding the sub. Carla looked good against Jessica Penne on the feet, but unlike Penne, Rose is good at striking and does not have molasses in her veins.

Rose will also have a sizable reach advantage. If Rose can stave off the power double, she might be able to just light her up with knees when Carla tries to get on the inside.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Rose looked gigantic compared to Carla when they squared off after the fights.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Rose will also have a sizable reach advantage. If Rose can stave off the power double, she might be able to just light her up with knees when Carla tries to get on the inside.

I don't think Carla has a power double, the other women just have awful takedown defense. Carla was forced to resign to lovely ankle pick attempts for most of the Tecia fight purely because Tecia was strong.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Since its a title fight and a main event, I assume this will be 5 rounds, right? If so, I have to think Thug Rose will be the overwhelming favorite. Carla looks like a point fighter to me, just trying to win rounds instead of finishing. I gotta believe Rose will land a sub somewhere in 5 rounds.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Jojo is fighting Seo Hee Ham tomorrow, but Ham was not on TUF. Is she a replacement fighter? How did she wind up on the TUF card?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

heeebrew posted:

Jojo is fighting Seo Hee Ham tomorrow, but Ham was not on TUF. Is she a replacement fighter? How did she wind up on the TUF card?

Justine Kish blew out her knee on the show, which left them short one fighter.

e: here's a thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687510 :words:

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 12, 2014

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Was Lisa Ellis the one that so obviously did not want to be there because she was away from her kid that she essentially gave up halfway through the first round?

If so, does that make this a gimme fight for Herig, or did Lisa get her mind right at some point?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

If so, does that make this a gimme fight for Herig, or did Lisa get her mind right at some point?

We won't know until the fight, but Ellis seems kinda old and post-career already. Her reaction to all the drama in the house was motherly, for lack of a better description.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yeah she hasn't fought a lot lately and doesn't really have a notable win since 2010 (Felice has fought 5 times since Ellis last had a pro bout). Also I think she's a bit undersized for the division. On paper she has better grappling credentials and seems motivated for the fight, but Felice by decision is probably a safe bet.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Everybody outside Rose, Randa, and Carla are really bad (and like two of the above three are merely bad), no outcomes would really surprise me.

Also I think it's likely the champion tonight is not gonna successfully defend their title.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

It is very difficult to get a kimura from that position. Rose has skill, but clearly some strength too since you need to muscle that move.

There's a whole sequence of moves from that kimura set-up. Right now Rose looks too willing to go to her back and pull guard (understandable considering how good it is). But she should adopt the catch wrestling style, which uses that grip all over the place but is less willing to pull guard. I think it would go well with her submit-you-from-anywhere style.

e: I love how Rose is smiling hugely as soon as she separates the grip.

Count Roland fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 12, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Count Roland posted:

It is very difficult to get a kimura from that position. Rose has skill, but clearly some strength too since you need to muscle that move.

There's a whole sequence of moves from that kimura set-up. Right now Rose looks too willing to go to her back and pull guard (understandable considering how good it is). But she should adopt the catch wrestling style, which uses that grip all over the place but is less willing to pull guard. I think it would go well with her submit-you-from-anywhere style.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Everybody outside Rose, Randa, and Carla are really bad (and like two of the above three are merely bad), no outcomes would really surprise me.

Also I think it's likely the champion tonight is not gonna successfully defend their title.

Jojo's good it isn't her fault she has the British wrestling gene in there somewhere. :smith:

• Locked thread