Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

They only got kimuras in Scotland eight months ago

That might give them a big advantage when fighting English people very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I know that they are trying to market Rose as something other than Pat Barry's pretty fiancee, but if they ever need funny videos...

This video of Rose has a lot of nice rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9nSNqYA-g

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

That's because Master Toddy trained the following fighters:

Kevin Ross
Kit Cope
Gina Carano
Phil Baroni
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Stephan Bonnar
Bob Sapp
Rod Aumentado
Chuck Lidell
Jason David Frank

He wouldn't put up w/ attention seeking bullshit for 2 seconds.

I wonder what it's like to train Chuck. I feel like you could give him full breakdowns of what he needed to do for five straight years and never see a reaction. Just punches and chuckstare.gif

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I didn't get that from what he was saying. I think I agreed with the women being annoyed at the constant corrections from staff rotating through while coaching. It's really annoying when you're trying to focus on something and you keep getting stopped to add something to it or something else, but the other thing is Roufus and co and perfectionists when it comes to striking and most of these women are incredibly bad with their head movement, footwork and technique in general.

Don't get me wrong, some of them have a talent for it, but most of them are incredibly average for professional fighters. The coaches are picking a lot to work on because there is a lot to work on. They're right though, stopping every ten seconds isn't going to correct the faults, just cause frustration.

As my new Muay Thai coach says, "I could correct you on twenty things at a time or work on one thing. It's better to work on one."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I honestly feel like PSP could put together a good guide for coaches about how to do their job well.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
For those of us unable to watch because the TV lords hates us, what's Rose been up to? Just kinda going :stare:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I watched this whole thing just to see Matt "I'm the Queen" Hughes face when Rich forfeits. I love it.

gently caress Matt Hughes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Thug Rose has been basically a piece of scenery since episode 1.

I was wondering what she was up to.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Has rose done loving anything? My dad adores her and Pat Barry but was put off after a few episodes saying she was just a talking head of, " I want to hurt people"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Finally Rose time.

Next week

God I hope she kills a bitch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I adore Pat :)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I know that time of the month ranges from "mild irritation" to "I'm dying" depending on the woman, but I can't imagine having to go through a God damned cage fight during it. That must blow and never crossed my mind.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Also everyone saying Pat Barry sounded punchy have obviously never heard him talk when emotional before. If you just watched your significant other go through that you might be a bit emotional.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Who gives a big ole' gently caress about Pat and Roses age difference? Jesus Christ.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
As a non-cable man, this show is literally the only show I cannot somehow legally obtain to watch. I pay for fightpass, hulu, amazon prime, share a hbo go account with my dad, I loving do everything but I cannot justify $2.99 to watch this live.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Wait a second, does Amazon Prime put this out or is it still pay for episode even with Prime?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I just want whatever makes Rose win and look good to happen. Get on that, everyone.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Are there actually people in this thread rooting against Rose? Why? What kind of Johnny come lately motherfucker do you think you are, rooting against Thug Rose? I take this very personally. Somewhere Pat is ranting to a camera with mustard nearby and you are rooting against Rose. You go to hell.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I think you're gonna get served.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Nifft posted:

So directv spoiled the results of the fights this week. Don't click if you don't want to know.

https://www.directv.com/tv/The-Ulti...0hTN1ljRjVpUT09

Am I missing something? I'm ok with spoilers.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
So Rose is winning this poo poo, right?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I dunno, she looked great but she ended up on bottom quite a few times. Randa seems to have the To Kill a (Wo)man With Wrestling thing down, so it could be interesting. As much as I like Rose, she's young and has plenty of time. I want to see Randa take it all. Her gas and her takedowns seem better than Carla's, and I want to see Carla got Full Tuchscherer in the octagon after losing the inaugural championship fight.

But could anyone be more threatening off their back than Rose? She doesn't just not give a gently caress about being on her back, she is constantly being a legit threat from that position.

Are there any videos of the fight up yet? I want to rewatch it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
gently caress WOO YEAH GO THUG ROSE WOOOOOOOO!

I was at work. Needed to get that out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

She opened at -175 on a couple sites, be interesting to see how much it shifts

I'm surprised she isn't a bigger favorite. I'm also surprised how quick the fight is happening after the show wrapped. Seems like they would want a few weeks to hype it up and do the media thing. Rose does well in interviews and is pretty, which would help generate views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dude, she's not putting on a face. She's from the bad part of Milwaukee. That's how people are there.

I'm pretty sure you have to make that face for a banker to acknowledge you in Milwaukee.

• Locked thread