Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Since Esparza was the Invicta champion I'm guessing she's #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Carla Esparza is a tough draw for your second MMA fight, drat.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Rose Namajunas is very serious.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They somehow accidentally spoiled the result of this fight earlier in the episode - when the Calderwood fight was announced and added to the bracket it showed that Randa had advanced.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What is it that Calderwood said in the promo during the Silva-Arlovski fight night that she'd make for her opponent after the fight?

Carrot cake?

That's it, it was referencing a comment she made when her fight was announced on the show. She said it was too bad they had to fight because Emily Kagan was nice to her and gave her some carrots when she complained about being hungry, but now "I guess she'll be wantin' her carrots back."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I know there was already an upset last week but I would be extremely surprised if JoJo loses to Emily Kagan.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Despite Dana's "I didn't watch the fight" assessment this was pretty close until the really bad cut.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I didn't watch season 16 of TUF, how bad was Lisa's husband?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The commercial the UFC posted for this episode actually showed Lisa Ellis tapping out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH243I--J5w

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Angela did OK defending herself on the ground until the double fence grab left her open. She probably shouldn't have been vying for the title at 1-0 though.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Thug Rose has been basically a piece of scenery since episode 1.

Most of her screen time has been devoted to "everybody hates Heather Clark" but at least she's spoken on screen. I can't recall a single time that Aisling Daly or Alex Chambers have said anything since the first episode.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's kinda funny how they took two weeks off and there wasn't a single baseball game on, and now the last two weeks they've gone against the World Series.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Those headlocks haven't worked out too well for Magana so far.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yay for Aisling, Magana has been one of the worst personalities on the show so far so seeing her TKO'd was great.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

I don't remember the finish but Morgan got dropped like twice in that fight, either way it was cool seeing her get Struve'd

Peggy lost via RNC but it was set up by Aldana's hands. I remember being impressed by the striking of her teammate Alexa Grasso in the fight before that too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would prefer to see Rose win but I am a little interested in what would happen if Team Pettis sweeps the first round. I stopped watching regularly after the Bisping/Mayhem season, has a coach ever not won a single fight before?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Karyn Bryant saying there's two guests on the post show happy about the fight result makes me think Pat will be there with Rose

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Heather has a built in feud from the show they can capitalize on too, I'd be surprised if her finale opponent wasn't Angela Magana.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

Felice loves the camera and it shows. Penne went in there and just steamrolled a rookie like she should.

You might be thinking of Carla Esparza, Penne's opponent was not a rookie. Lisa Ellis has 23 career fights.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's always the same couple of people on camera and the rest of the cast does not exist at all.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Ha, they have to make the coach's challenge into trivia because they absolutely cannot trust Pettis to not hurt himself

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They have brought alternates in on TUF before but it's usually if somebody drops out right at the beginning of the season. A second chance for a loser isn't unprecedented either. I think the only way they'd give Bec a pass was if her opponent was injured at the last second or didn't make weight, it seemed like Dana was pretty set on "everybody has to fight in the first round" when Gil was trying to lobby for a bye.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked how Carla was going "you disobeyed the coach!" like a child tattling in school and then Pettis was like uh, I don't give a poo poo.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Magana had a good first round against Daly but then got really tuckered out. The blueprint to beating Tecia Torres was exposed pretty heavily on TUF though (wrestling).

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

Unless Rose wins the belt, I feel like either Gadelha or someone from Invicta is gonna take that belt away in the first title defense.

Gadelha is fighting the Polish woman with the impossible last name on Saturday in what is probably a #1 contender fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think Daly really could have beaten Penne if she didn't try to grapple.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Too bad, I like Randa and wanted to see her fight Carla.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yeah let's build up this feud between two people who are not fighting each other, instead of talking about fights that will happen including a title fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah, I read that she passed out while trying to make weight for her fight with Magana, though I don't think they actually showed it in the episode.

You'd think maybe they cut it because they didn't want to show how dangerous weight cutting is or something but there was footage in the season trailer of some of the other girls finding Daly passed out in the bathroom. So they showed it there but not during the actual season.

Dr. Abysmal fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 12, 2014

• Locked thread