Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Yeah it looked to me like she was holding on to her shirt. It's a smart move and something Jojo didn't think to do.

Edit: You can see it here: http://gfycat.com/ParchedBarrenHamadryad

Looks like she lost her grip trying to pass.

It is very difficult to get a kimura from that position. Rose has skill, but clearly some strength too since you need to muscle that move.

There's a whole sequence of moves from that kimura set-up. Right now Rose looks too willing to go to her back and pull guard (understandable considering how good it is). But she should adopt the catch wrestling style, which uses that grip all over the place but is less willing to pull guard. I think it would go well with her submit-you-from-anywhere style.

e: I love how Rose is smiling hugely as soon as she separates the grip.

Count Roland fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I was going to say she should train with Barnett or Saku. Still, I'm mostly serious about the technique and her style.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

fatherdog posted:

That's why I posted "lol" because you're hilariously wrong in nearly every respect.

Nah.

It is a hard move to get from that position, and does require some strength, especially of the opponent is grabbing a uniform. There are sequences from kimura grips like that, they're a nifty control and can be turned into position changes and armbars. It does suit her style, since she goes for flying submissions all the time. She is a bit too willing to go to her back; its worked fine so far but top control is too good in MMA. You can do this stuff though without ever hearing about catch wrestling, I was joking about that part.

• Locked thread