Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Yeah, it's a bit of a unique situation for the show and UFC and they're handling it really well.

I really hope it'll pay dividends going forward. I've been looking forward to this season for an embarrassingly long time, especially given how bad TUF has been lately, but after the first episode, I feel like it's going to be pretty much what I hoped. The division has been good for a while, and this is a cool way to introduce it. Format is much improved, and that was a great upset to open the show. Tecia Torres is no Baszler, though, cause Tecia actually has a future in the UFC.

Also gotta say, one of my favorite fighters in the division, Mizuki Inoue, isn't on the show, presumably because she doesn't speak English, but hopefully she'll be in the UFC soon as well. She's already beaten Bec Hyatt and Alex Chambers, and is just 20 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

fatherdog posted:

They legally aren't allowed to put people below 21 in the house because of the liquor situation; it's why Lauzon's younger brother went directly into the UFC.

I was trying to see if the UFC had been talking to her, and I actually found this, from here:

quote:

According to her manager Shu Hirata, the UFC has expressed strong interest in signing the 19-year-old Japanese fighter and having her debut in Asia. Hirata said Inoue wasn't a candidate to be on TUF because she doesn't speak English and her parents wouldn't let her be away from home for several weeks. She has one more fight left on her DEEP Jewels contract and would also like to compete one more time for Invicta FC. However, Hirata, Inoue and her Master Chairman Yamaguchi of Hakushinkai Karate would like her to fight in the UFC by at least the end of the year.

Division's gonna be dope.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

All I know is that Jojo vs. Rose is a fight that I need in my life immediately. The other side of the bracket is less interesting to me, although I do want to see what Angela Hill has for Esparza.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

They're certainly doing their best to make us think that Ellis has no hope

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Even Lisa Ellis doesn't seem like she thinks Lisa Ellis can win

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

ok then

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

No, baseball.

There's no baseball tonight but there would have been had the two series not ended yesterday.

Goddamn, I hate baseball. Not gonna pretend like I was particularly hyped about Herrig/Clark since I don't think either of them will get very far and they are both mostly notable for having people devote way too much time and attention to them already, but I have been looking forward to seeing how this tournament shapes up and exactly how much Gilbert can lose before he displays a single ounce of care.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Easy win for Felice, lol at Gilbert pretending that would go to a 3rd

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I missed this episode except for the fight, did anything interesting happen? They seem like they're hyping the fight between Rose and the surprisingly old Alex Chambers, but I'm already looking forward to Rose vs. Calderwood, cuz drat, that match.

1st AD posted:

Irene Aldana recently did a cool KO of Peggy Morgan though at the last Invicta.

Peggy took an rear end-whooping in that match but she got subbed I thought

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Really good poo poo by Rose, drat

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

indeed, the stupidity is melting all of our brains

Wise Learned Man posted:

Maybe I'm just sexist, but the personal stories in talking-head segments this season are just so hard to watch. I know there have been a ton of dudes with lovely lives/upbringings in prior seasons, but every week is such a bummer now.

Is it sexist for me to think that the way these women are acting makes all women look bad

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Fun first round, especially towards the end. Tecia's kicks controlled things for the better part of the round

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

Sucks that JoJo vs Rose is the last quarterfinal because that's the fight I'm most interested in watching.

You and everyone else who's watching this show. No surprise it's coming last

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

I have a feeling Carla vs Tecia and Felice vs Randa are gonna be kind of lovely. But Rose vs JoJo should own and I want to see the manner in which Aisling crashes and burns before getting subbed by Jessica.

I'm kind of thinking that Carla vs. Tecia could be good. Carla will probably wrestle her to death but hopefully in a competitive match

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lmao carla

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Carla truly fights like she lives the rest of her life, obnoxiously

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

Hahaha that flying armbar attempt and then roll away

And then she stood right up and punched Jojo in the face, too

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Hahaha, that lopsided vote about whose win was more impressive

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Himuro posted:

Where exactly?

It was on Fox Sports 1 after the show.

Anyone know what a Seo Hee Ham (apparently AKA Hamderlei Silva) is

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

On the FS1 wrapup show.

TUF Finale fights:
JoJo vs some Korean
Bec vs Heather
Tecia vs Angela Magaņa

Couldn't remember the rest

Uhh...Kagan vs. Hill and Daly vs. Chambers? Missing the 6th I think

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Because Rose viciously ran through 3 opponents and looked better every time, and Carla only looked good against the 16th seed.

I mean, she dominated Penne, it was just not very fun at all to watch. Meanwhile Rose is the poo poo and means more conscious Pat Barry on my television.

Also if Carla loses then she can fight Randa and hopefully lose again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

K8.0 posted:

I think Carla has a good chance of getting submitted by Rose, but I'm not sure she has to go there. She can throw a three punch combo, which makes her 50% better than Frank Mir and three times as good as 90% of the men in the UFC.

I think if Carla wins, it will almost certainly be by wrestling Rose and avoiding the sub. Carla looked good against Jessica Penne on the feet, but unlike Penne, Rose is good at striking and does not have molasses in her veins.

• Locked thread