Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
In the preview highlights reel they already showed Aisling Daly collapsed in a sauna, with other girls looking concerned. So she definitely had a tough time with the cut, whether she made it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

1st AD posted:

Sucks that she's 35 though. Maybe smaller fighters can have more career longevity?

In male sport it's the exact opposite; if you're small and fast to start with, you're screwed when you slow down. If you're big and slow, not so much of a problem - see the UFC heavyweight division, most are mid thirties.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Wow, apart from anything else, tonight showed that Felice's relative fame pre-show is all due to being an attention whore - it's not even like she's good looking compared to any of the others...

Probably she'll have a fine career, cos she's clearly willing to promote a fight. Love to see Randa in the finals vs. Jojo though.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Captain Log posted:

But could anyone be more threatening off their back than Rose? She doesn't just not give a gently caress about being on her back, she is constantly being a legit threat from that position.

Are there any videos of the fight up yet? I want to rewatch it.

Sadly, against a seasoned grappler it's really rare to get submissions of your back in MMA, so I'd expect Randa to dominate if she survives Rose's initial flurry. The whole TV show is up online somewhere if you want to re watch.

fatherdog posted:

Throwing endless chains of submissions on someone who trains her ground game in Scotland is almost cheating

Hey, there are legit BJJ schools all over the UK (even Scotland), and Roger Gracie lives here for fucks sake. I'm sure Jojo just trains at the wrong camp to benefit as she's clearly focussed on Muay Thai thus far.

We suck at wrestling, not BJJ.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
It is so transparently obvious that Rose winning is the best for the UFC, due to her incredible looks alone.

And her fighting style is more fun, AND her fella is a charismatic UFC vet. So much more marketable it's just incalculable.

This is the kind of loaded fight that always goes wrong for the UFC - I'll watch eagerly.

• Locked thread