Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Shibawanko posted:

A work of art is aware of the limitations of its form and uses them. I've never seen a videogame do this, except maybe Yume Nikki. Most of the time games like The Last of Us make me cringe because they try to tell a story which belongs in a movie in the form of a videogame, which cannot work.

Alpha Centauri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Metal Gear Solid 2 was really really fun to play. Play it once with all the whacky cutscenes then skip all that poo poo to do 2-3 hour fun runs.

Can someone spoil the ending of Final Fantasy XII - Lightning Returns for me? I never even finished the first one, but apparently it ends in a whacky fashion?

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Can someone spoil the ending of Final Fantasy XII - Lightning Returns for me? I never even finished the first one, but apparently it ends in a whacky fashion?

Might as well do the whole game in case someone later asks.

A new god, Bhunivelze, has taken up the mantle of THE god of the FFXIII universe after Etro gets killed off at the end of XIII-2, and the world is now a place where the cycle of life and death is now non-existent, with people being stuck the same age as they were when the Chaos spread. 500 years pass, and Bhunivelze decides he's going to reset the world in 13 days, releases Lightning from her crystal sleep(something at the end of XIII-2) and instructs her to save as many souls as she can as The Savior that will move onto the new world, with Serah's soul as the carrot on the stick to motivate her.

Lightning completes 5 important missions that relates to key characters in the XIII universe:

Yusnaan: Snow has become The Patron and holds lavish parties nightly that stop happening once Lightning crashes one of the parties during the prologue, and Lightning must do a bunch of convoluted things to get access into Snow's palace. Snow's the last l'Cie and has been trying to hold back the Chaos from engulfing the town while preventing his own transformation that will turn him into a mindless beast. You save him by beating him up and reminding him how he never gave up, and then Yusnaan is back to normal.

Luxerion: A cult is running around murdering young women who look like the description of the Savior. You tail the cult down to the cemetery to find out where they're meeting in order to murder the women, and you show up and try and stop the cult from continuing what they've been doing.

Afterwards, Lightning meets Noel in the slums, talks about how he, Snow, and Hope have been trying to keep the world as together as best as they can for the past 500 years, and then you fight him since he saw a vision of the future where he's happy with Yuel if he kills Lightning. You beat him up, the killings stop, and Noel goes back to trying to help the city as best as he can. You can meet up with Vanille in the Cathedral after that to find out that she can talk to dead spirits and has a special role in the final day of the world.

Dead Dunes: A treasure is hidden in one of the many desert ruins and Fang has set herself up as a leader of a bunch of desert bandits/ruin hunters after her crystal sleep and left the cathedral where she was with Vanille. Turns out the treasure is something the church needs for the final day so Vanille can perform her ceremony, but the church doesn't tell her that all the dead souls will die in this process. You find the treasure, but the church has tailed you and takes the object while you deal with the monster. Fang heads off to get ready for the final day and try to talk Vanille out of what she's going to do.

Wildlands: An injured white chocobo shows up called the Angel of Valhalla and Lightning rescues it and nurses it back to health. She then heads to some ruins on top of a cliff. This is where Caius is hiding and at the top, he goes on a rant about how he can never have peace because all the Yuels that have existed are the Chaos that has engulfed the world. Even if he wants to be saved or just die, he can't, since one of the Yuels will wish him back into existence anyways. You leave, and on your way out, you find out that the white chocobo is Odin from the previous XIII games.

There's a second story here that involves getting Dajh to wake up from a coma which involves a scavenger hunt throughout the world, because we can't think of anything to do with Sazh that doesn't involve making GBS threads on him.

During some of these, Lumina will show up to more or less taunt you or interact with some of the other characters, but it's more mischievous than outright malicious. I'm only mentioning it now because she becomes moderately important during the finale. There's also certain scenes that involve Lightning looking into herself and feeling like she's not quite whole.

Final day happens, and the world starts dying with the cathedral in Luxerion being the last bastion for humanity. Meanwhile, the Hope that's been helping Lightning from the Arc turns out to have been made into Bhunivelze's way to see the world and keep tabs on Lightning, but tells her to do what she feels is ultimately right.

Lightning heads back to the world and charges into the cathedral to try and stop the ceremony Vanille is performing, and runs into Noel, Snow, and Fang along the way. They stop Vanille from performing the ceremony and then Vanille guides all the dead souls up into the Ark so they too can come to the new world. Afterwards, Bhunivelze shows up fully in control of Hope's body, kidnaps all the souls of Lightning's friends, and then taunts her to come to him.

During the final confrontation, Bhunivelze reveals that his ultimate plan for Lightning is to have her become the Etro for the new world. Lightning tells him to go stuff if and how she's going to make a world without gods, and the two start fighting, with Lightning scream stuff like "God is dead!" during the battle. After the battle is over, it's revealed the Lumina was the dark part of Lightning's heart she didn't want to admit given form, and the two form one whole again. Lightning then attacks Bhunivelze with her birthday knife from XIII and releases all the souls he was hoarding, including Hope's. She then does one last attack using the power of friendship to destroy Bhunivelze for good in a FMV cutscene.

After they kill God, they need someone to take his place, which Caius and the Yuels take up, but not before tossing Noel his Yuel so they can live together. They all then head off towards Earth, and the game ends with Lightning stepping of a train in the French countryside, implying that she's heading off towards her friends in this new world.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:stare:

Uh, thanks!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Might as well do the whole game in case someone later asks.

:words:

That just sounds disappointing. Not sure why. Probably opinions but meh.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Can someone spoil Mega Man 1-9 for me :buddy:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Social commentary that societies against capital punishment invite themselves to being attacked by the same rear end in a top hat 9 times.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

At the time it annoyed me because I was kinda digging the galactic apocalypse storyline and finding out it was an MMO really undercut that. Luther destroying everything at the end though was pretty stupid regardless, normally the whole 'kill God' thing works because God's powers aren't all they're cracked up to be or the heroes present a credible opposing power (SMT, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, etc) but in this case he actually just actually quantitatively destroys their universe by wiping the server they live on but that doesn't matter because ...? Even for a jRPG that was remarkably badly done and incredibly stupid in concept.

I'll be honest, probably the only reason it didn't annoy me was because I bought the game expecting Anime Star Trek Final Fantasy, and after that whole protracted sequence on the underdeveloped planets I was so desperate for some goddamn sci-fi I would have eaten up any old poo poo if the concept was high enough.

But yeah there's some incoherent thing at the end about how they survived because they were self-aware - I think the game's trying to hammer it in that they're real people (despite their universe looking like a plaything from "above"), and they pulled off some kind of miracle by wishing really hard (that other classic JRPG ending). I agree that it didn't really land, although one of the Luther's colleagues mentions a system backup, so if you don't buy the "proper" ending you can just assume someone who wasn't a total dick restored it and let everyone live.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Tempo 119 posted:

I'll be honest, probably the only reason it didn't annoy me was because I bought the game expecting Anime Star Trek Final Fantasy, and after that whole protracted sequence on the underdeveloped planets I was so desperate for some goddamn sci-fi I would have eaten up any old poo poo if the concept was high enough.

But yeah there's some incoherent thing at the end about how they survived because they were self-aware - I think the game's trying to hammer it in that they're real people (despite their universe looking like a plaything from "above"), and they pulled off some kind of miracle by wishing really hard (that other classic JRPG ending). I agree that it didn't really land, although one of the Luther's colleagues mentions a system backup, so if you don't buy the "proper" ending you can just assume someone who wasn't a total dick restored it and let everyone live.

I figure it could have worked as a fantastic high concept sci-fi if they were all actually AIs who had improved and changed enough over time to qualify as living beings in their own right, highlighting the dangers of playing God just for entertainment and the consequences it could bring when those self-aware beings now can interact back at you from the system you designed to house and kill them for fun. Sort of like rebellious rampant AIs, but in the right -- the end could have been you downloading yourself to machines to fight them in the 'real' world, or just loving up their systems enough to make it a living Hell for any player still stuck inside until they let up on the wipe attempts and negotiated peace.

But that's not jRPG enough, probably.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wolfsheim posted:

Robots are destroyed
Eyebrows set to wiggling
Wily Pipe Watches

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Wolfsheim posted:

no matter what anyone says, wily IS behind it all.

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?

Pseudoscorpion posted:

So now Layton & co. have all five MacGuffins, except Aurora discovers one is a fake! One of them was swapped out by Targent when they weren't looking. They infiltrate Targent's base where they meet Bronev, who gives them the real MacGuffin. The crew returns to Froenborg where Aurora was originally trapped, only to find out that Sycamore was secretly Descole, the vaguely villainous character from Last Specter (who I think also appeared, albeit briefly, in Miracle Mask). They chase him and find Bronev deeper within. Then, Emmy reveals she was a Targent double-agent the WHOLE TIME. And if you think that plot twist is stupid, just you wait. Emmy and Bronev make their way deep into the Azran ruins, and Layton and Descole team up to get through the traps within. Descole gets grievously injured, and reveals that Layton and Descole are brothers. Their original names? Layton was Theodore, and Descole was Hershel, who...tricked Layton's adoptive parents into adopting Layton instead of him. Oh, and their father? Bronev.

This was a few pages ago for Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy but one thing was left out. It's honestly said only a few times and never acknowledged again but Emmy is not only a Targent agent but is also Bronev's niece. The game doesn't seem to make the logical conclusion that her, Descole, and Layton are cousins as well so I'm wondering if this was a translation error.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

can some spoil Kameo: Elements of Power for me? never played it myself so start from the beginning

You play the game as Kameo, a princess and shapeshifter of a magic kingdom that floats high in the sky; her father's been missing for years, and doesn't ever actually appear. Her evil older sister decides to unfreeze the king of the orcs (Thorn? Been forever since I played it) from being a statue, which Kameo attempts to stop in the prologue. She gets beat, and loses all of her transformations. You then go through the game to regain all of those forms back, with the help of a talking magic book, the court witch, and a few members of Kameo's extended family that were captured by her sister. At the end of the game, you take the fight to the orc kingdom after they've spent the whole game trying to destroy the shrines keeping Kameo's kingdom afloat, and confront her sister and the orc king on a bigass airship on a warpath for her kingdom. You beat them both, then Kameo and her sister make up, and the sister (before turning herself and the orc king into statues) reveals that the witch was really the one behind everything. And... That's it. In the postgame, they made a sequel hook saying that the witch fled when she realized the jig was up, but that obviously never materialized.

All in all, you weren't missing much, honestly.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Dangan Ronpa 2.

Despair. 53:10 if the link doesn't take you there.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Can someone spoil the Fallout: Tactics plot for me? I love Fallout and the lore but I am just way too goddamned bad at strategy rpgs.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Someone spoil the end of Ratchet and Clank for me. I know I am near the end, but I just do not care enough about the game to finish it and I want to move on to the 2nd and 3rd one because I hear that they are 10 times better.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Someone spoil Ace Attorney Investigations 2 for me? I figure the odds are slim it'll ever get an official release any time soon, and I'm not entirely comfortable with doing emulators/fan translations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

Despair. 53:10 if the link doesn't take you there.

:whitewater:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Someone spoil the end of Ratchet and Clank for me. I know I am near the end, but I just do not care enough about the game to finish it and I want to move on to the 2nd and 3rd one because I hear that they are 10 times better.

Captain Qwark, who has been working with Drek all along so that he can be the spokesman for Drek's new planet, gets his rear end beaten by Ratchet and Clank in a space battle. Ratchet stops being a dickhead and is nice to Clank again.

The duo head to the Blarg robot factory and meet the computer in charge of robot production. This computer, which communicates only with a little bit of text on the screen, is Clank's mother - she learned of Drek's plans to harvest planets and created Clank in the hopes that he could stop Drek.

Ratchet and Clank infiltrate Drek's fleet and discover that the "perfect" orbit for Drek's new world is currently occupied by Ratchet's world, Veldin - so being really evil, he is going to blow it up. Finally catching up to Drek on top of his doomsday weapon on Veldin, it is revealed that Drek is responsible for polluting the Blarg homeworld, allowing him to get rich off of the construction of the new one, and he plans to do it all over again.

You fight his giant robot suit, defeat him, and destroy the doomsday device. Ratchet and Clank are best buds for life, Drek is gone, and Qwark is stuck selling Personal Hygienators for the rest of his life. Roll credits.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Someone spoil Ace Attorney Investigations 2 for me? I figure the odds are slim it'll ever get an official release any time soon, and I'm not entirely comfortable with doing emulators/fan translations.

Honestly, you should try the fan patch if you can, since it's a pretty well done and tries to be as much of a localization as it can be, complete with awful English pun names. The only real trouble is that you purposefully have to get an older version of one of the emulators, because some of the images won't display properly on the newest version, most notably the opening cutscene of Case 3. If you still want a synopsis, would you want a case by case one, or just one that details the over-arching plotline?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

You beat up Drek in a climactic final battle. He activates his doosmday weapon which inadvertently launches him onto his artificial planet. Ratchet and Clank look at each other and in a Goofy Gophers "after you" segment they activate the planet destroyer to blow up the artificial planet which rains debris all over Ratchet's homeworld.

You lounge back in Ratchet's garage while Captain Qwark shills his new thing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Honestly, you should try the fan patch if you can, since it's a pretty well done and tries to be as much of a localization as it can be, complete with awful English pun names. The only real trouble is that you purposefully have to get an older version of one of the emulators, because some of the images won't display properly on the newest version, most notably the opening cutscene of Case 3. If you still want a synopsis, would you want a case by case one, or just one that details the over-arching plotline?

Eh, I'm fine with either, though I guess an overall description's fine. And yeah, stuff like that tinkering the emulator to an older version is one of the main reasons I'm not really into doing them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

paco650 posted:

Can someone spoil the Fallout: Tactics plot for me? I love Fallout and the lore but I am just way too goddamned bad at strategy rpgs.

You and your squad slowly beat up ever grander threats, gaining power and fame for the Brotherhood. You take down gangs, tribes that control monsters, crazed technocultists and supermutants. That one hardass general that seems very xenophobic gets himself captured by the final antagonists of the game, which are an army of robots controlled by a bunch of brains in jars hiding inside a vault specifically designed for the elite of the elite of pre-war society. He gets dissected and his brain is put into one of the robots as a big antagonist that knows all the brotherhood's moves.

You can take him down, or remind him of his humanity and turn him back to your side. You nuke the entrance to the vault with the bad guys in it, then destroy most of the threat. You are then given the option of, I think, merging with the control systems of the vault so as to act as a kind of new central hub of power/politics for the local region, or you can let the xenophobic militaristic generals brain take your place in it. Or just destroying the place (I think, it's been a while)

If you were good karmically, the future of the local Wasteland is bright, while if you were bad it is slightly less so, with implications you murdered the entirety of the upper echelons of the Brotherhood (which I believe the general might do as well). The general also has several anti-mutant policies which essentially end in genocide for ghouls and supermutants. All endings point to a future game that never happened where the brotherhood you are with now will eventually clash with the old one now that they're so darn powerful, and the robot army is stopped, more or less.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Can someone spoil Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight for me? Used to be a huge CnC fan but.. yeah

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Kane has to go now. His planet needs him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stux posted:

Dark souls and super metroid :colbert:

Dark Souls. Basically there is always a great power gained from souls. So great it makes those with it while slowly corrupt over a long period. The ones who conquer the previous holders become gods and over time corrupt into demons and lose their mind. This cycle just repeats forever in all its glory and horror. They always tell you are cursed at the start of the game for a reason.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Dark Souls. Basically there is always a great power gained from souls. So great it makes those with it while slowly corrupt over a long period. The ones who conquer the previous holders become gods and over time corrupt into demons and lose their mind. This cycle just repeats forever in all its glory and horror. They always tell you are cursed at the start of the game for a reason.

He wasn't asking for a summary.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Genocyber posted:

That is a game a lot of us will never beat though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The best part about the Dark Souls ending is (spoilered because, while this is Beta stuff that was removed before the game launched properly, it's still talking about the end of Dark Souls):

Oscar. The Elite Knight who sets you on your path in the beginning of the game in the Undead Prison? He was supposed to be a full character like Lautrec or Siegmeyer. He has voice files and game data on the disc, and people have even managed to hack him into the various places he was supposed to show up. His whole story was that he felt as if he was to be the chosen one to final end this undead curse, and he shows great promise and competency as he meets up with you on your journey. As time wears on, however, he begins to feel as if he's not the Chosen Undead, and he grows jealous of how much more important you are. After you gently caress Gwyn up, and right before you have to choose whether or not you'll light the kiln and keep the fire burning, Oscar busts in past the fog gate and start talking poo poo, and he hallows right in front of you and you have to put him down.

E: VVV lmao VVV

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 18, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Genocyber posted:

Dark souls doesn't really have a story, both games you show up and kill everything, the end.

Or hang on was he looking for this

You walk around some scary place/places. You enter a fog gate. Boss crushes you with a giant weapon. :darksouls:

Ok, at best you can say Dark Souls is about the journey, don't go into it for some great story.

I got another one! You invade another players game. You cast a spell that turns you into a rat statue. You wait. Other player runs by you. You stab them in the back in till they die. :smug: + :darksouls:

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 18, 2014

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I've got another sequel on my mind: Anyone care to spoil Assassin's Creed 2? I completed the original, but for whatever the gently caress reason, I never got very far in 2; I remember seeing Ezio's dad and brothers getting executed, then killing the guy supposedly behind it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

I've got another sequel on my mind: Anyone care to spoil Assassin's Creed 2? I completed the original, but for whatever the gently caress reason, I never got very far in 2; I remember seeing Ezio's dad and brothers getting executed, then killing the guy supposedly behind it.

Long story short, you kill a lot of the people responsible or at least who are connected to the guy responsible. You then decide in the final confrontation to be the bigger man and not kill the guy ultimately responsible for your family's issues.

And for that, you are presented with one of the ancient superpeople basically ignoring Ezio and talking to Desmond in the future, and a sequel where you're immediately called out as an idiot for being a good and mature person by not being an insane psychopath.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

blackguy32 posted:

The third one (Up Your Arsenal) is one of the best games ever made and I replay it every few years. You're in for a treat.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think I lost count of how many times I just played through Ratchet and Clank 2 over and over and over again. Definitely 10+.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Long story short, you kill a lot of the people responsible or at least who are connected to the guy responsible. You then decide in the final confrontation to be the bigger man and not kill the guy ultimately responsible for your family's issues.

And for that, you are presented with one of the ancient superpeople basically ignoring Ezio and talking to Desmond in the future, and a sequel where you're immediately called out as an idiot for being a good and mature person by not being an insane psychopath.

By "the guy" he means the motherfucking pope who you punch in the balls in the Sistene Chapel to steal his magic pope staff.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I loved every moment of that. I kept thinking "Is this happening? Is the game actually letting me do this?" It was great.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What's this stuff about "ancient superpeople"? I know I thought I read somewhere about Atlantis actually existing or something, but... Again, I barely got done with the prologue.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, does ACIII actuall wrap up any of those plot lines? I started the game and there was definitely an end-of-the-world thing I can only dimly remember, but I got fed up with the game shortly after Connor met the man who was going to train him as an assassin.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Stux posted:

Stux posted:

Dark Souls is a bit of a strange one. I'll try to give you a full spoil.
e: Keep in mind most of this is fan speculation underlined by some items and other stuff.

As others already said, the game takes place during a cycle. A cycle probably starts with a world freeing itself of darkness. Darkness in Dark Souls equal to humans. That is why souls in dark souls are pitch black.

The darkness is beat with fire. Fire symbolises gods, giants, that sort of thing. After some time tho' - no timeframe given - the curse starts to appear. People who are cursed can't die. As long as they have something to fight for, they will not turn hollow. Hollowed people are people who completely lost their mind, they only seek souls.

The fact you get different amount of souls for different monsters probably only indicates how strong that souls was.

Now, in Dark Souls one you are freed by a bloke, and he tells you to ring two bells. After you do that, a kingseeker appears.

As far as I can tell, a kingseeker is not something that appears over mutliple cycles. It is probably just a creature that seeks...a king.

There are two kingseekers. Kaathe and Frampt. Most people probably will tell you that Frampt is the good guy. Here is why that is probably wrong:

Frampt wants that the choosen one burns himself in the kiln, prolonging the fire and thus holding back the darkness - humanity, some more. Strangley humanity feeds the fire and makes it stronger, despite its dark nature.

Kaathe wants the cycle to end. He wants the darkness to reign again. That is why his little club tries to steal humanity. They don't want people to burn humanity at bonfires to make them stronger.

Whatever way you choose, your impact on the world and the cycle is...probably literally nothing. Noones knows how long a cycle lasts, but it is probably a long time.

As the intro might tell you, there are 4 lords. Gwyn, the lord of fire who burned himself to prolong the age of fire.

Seath, who betrayed his own kind by telling Gwyn their weakness. He was then granted a castle in Anor Londo, went crazy while seeking a new source of immortality. He also probably had a baby with Gwyndoline, the wife of Gwyn.

Nito, who is just there to be there. He symbolized death, nothing special.

And finally the witch. As the fire first got weaker, she tried to recreate the lord souls to make the fire strong again. She failed and spawned all the demons and pretty much izalith. All of her sisters are represented in the world. Giant spider lady, sister of spider lady, etc.

But there was the dark soul as well, the soul of humanity. Pygmy got kinda silly with it and probably turned into manus.

That is really the entire story. A few other people are as followed:

Havel, who probably kinda realized that Seath hosed Gwyn's wife. He then got send to a tower where he shall never speak of it again.

Everyone's waifu, Priscilla, is probably said baby of furry love. She was an abdonimation so they send her into a picture where...yeah.

There are many little kinks and other people and groups who are important. But that is basically the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

Dark Souls is a bit of a strange one. I'll try to give you a full spoil.
e: Keep in mind most of this is fan speculation underlined by some items and other stuff.

As others already said, the game takes place during a cycle. A cycle probably starts with a world freeing itself of darkness. Darkness in Dark Souls equal to humans. That is why souls in dark souls are pitch black.

The darkness is beat with fire. Fire symbolises gods, giants, that sort of thing. After some time tho' - no timeframe given - the curse starts to appear. People who are cursed can't die. As long as they have something to fight for, they will not turn hollow. Hollowed people are people who completely lost their mind, they only seek souls.

The fact you get different amount of souls for different monsters probably only indicates how strong that souls was.

Now, in Dark Souls one you are freed by a bloke, and he tells you to ring two bells. After you do that, a kingseeker appears.

As far as I can tell, a kingseeker is not something that appears over mutliple cycles. It is probably just a creature that seeks...a king.

There are two kingseekers. Kaathe and Frampt. Most people probably will tell you that Frampt is the good guy. Here is why that is probably wrong:

Frampt wants that the choosen one burns himself in the kiln, prolonging the fire and thus holding back the darkness - humanity, some more. Strangley humanity feeds the fire and makes it stronger, despite its dark nature.

Kaathe wants the cycle to end. He wants the darkness to reign again. That is why his little club tries to steal humanity. They don't want people to burn humanity at bonfires to make them stronger.

Whatever way you choose, your impact on the world and the cycle is...probably literally nothing. Noones knows how long a cycle lasts, but it is probably a long time.

As the intro might tell you, there are 4 lords. Gwyn, the lord of fire who burned himself to prolong the age of fire.

Seath, who betrayed his own kind by telling Gwyn their weakness. He was then granted a castle in Anor Londo, went crazy while seeking a new source of immortality. He also probably had a baby with Gwyndoline, the wife of Gwyn.

Nito, who is just there to be there. He symbolized death, nothing special.

And finally the witch. As the fire first got weaker, she tried to recreate the lord souls to make the fire strong again. She failed and spawned all the demons and pretty much izalith. All of her sisters are represented in the world. Giant spider lady, sister of spider lady, etc.

But there was the dark soul as well, the soul of humanity. Pygmy got kinda silly with it and probably turned into manus.

That is really the entire story. A few other people are as followed:

Havel, who probably kinda realized that Seath hosed Gwyn's wife. He then got send to a tower where he shall never speak of it again.

Everyone's waifu, Priscilla, is probably said baby of furry love. She was an abdonimation so they send her into a picture where...yeah.

There are many little kinks and other people and groups who are important. But that is basically the story.

Dark Souls is a game where you learn more of the plot from item descriptions then anything else.

• Locked thread