Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've been out of the anime game for about a decade and want to get back into it. I felt like shows I liked had stopped being made and the animation in general was really declining. I want to get into back into anime and was hoping for some suggestions. I feel like the 1980's and early to mid 90's will have what I want. I like a lot of different genres so feel free to suggest just about anything. Also should I watch JoJo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Logicblade posted:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, full stop.

See you in a month.

I was already going to watch it actually. Should have mentioned it in my OP.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

SF is fine with me. My problem with modern anime is the problem a lot of people have with modern anime. The style has definitely changed over time. I'm not prejudiced against everything new however. I hand't seen a lot of anime from the 80's but just felt like from what I had heard of it it would connect with me.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lupin is the best.

• Locked thread