Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So. SHIELD. Is it... gone?

What once was S.H.I.E.L.D.....no longer exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
New artwork for the season premiere:

Note the two Wards at the back, and the snarl-like shadow next to the Ward on the right. Wonder what that could be?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's a crack not a shadow. And I think that's the new character Lance Hunter played by Nick Blood.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Like Burn Gorman, Lance Hunter has a name that dictates the roles he will play far better than anything else.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Lance Hunter is on the far left. Ward is on the right, looking the wrong way and separated by the crack.

Great poster design!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last year's posters had specific designs. I wonder if this one has similar choices. Like with Fitz looking up while Simmons is looking down. And with Skye looking toward Coulson while May looks away. Ward with the crack and back turned is obvious.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
edit: Should not be magnifying glassing posters from a cell phone screen.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, the crack was pointed out to me by another person right after I posted. :doh: And man, Hunter so looks like the bearded Ward that's been shown in the previews.

Deadpool posted:

Last year's posters had specific designs. I wonder if this one has similar choices. Like with Fitz looking up while Simmons is looking down. And with Skye looking toward Coulson while May looks away. Ward with the crack and back turned is obvious.

Oh yeah, I think the Fitz and Simmons thing is definitely intentional. Both of them are also the only characters with their hands together.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ward is going to step on that crack.

And break his mother's back.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Gonz posted:

Ward is going to step on that crack.

And break his mother's back.

It was his mission! She shouldn't have crossed HYDRA.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its not his fault that she in the house when he set it on fire. Its hers!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Where is Agent Triplett? Is he not sticking with the team?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Man, I'm remembering Ward's heel turn again and I forgot how much I loved it. Kills a bunch of people, betrays everyone, dumbfounded that Skye doesn't love him.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PunkBoy posted:

Note the two Wards at the back, and the snarl-like shadow next to the Ward on the right. Wonder what that could be?

Dr. Who crossover

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It looks like Skye is dressed in covert mission attire. Does this mean she gets some real training between seasons is now more of a field agent than support?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dexo posted:

Why? Ward was pretty awesome when he reverted to the sociopath that was his natural personality. His acting where he literally couldn't figure out why Skye was rejecting him, when he betrayed the team was goddamn amazing.

Yea its pretty fuckin' boss when writers just buy all in to the sociopath thing and not just generic villain bullshit.

The acting out of the lack of comprehension was great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cocks Cable posted:

It looks like Skye is dressed in covert mission attire. Does this mean she gets some real training between seasons is now more of a field agent than support?

I'd imagine Skye is going to be a badass this season; not to the extent of Agent May, but I doubt she's going to be sidelined as often as she was in the first season. Coulson is going to need as many field agents as he can get this year.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Klungar posted:

Yea this is pretty disappointing.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Klungar posted:

Agent Triplett is only recurring role on SHIELD.

B.J. Britt (the actor who plays Triplett) already has a role on another TV series called "Being Mary Jane," plus other movie roles he's working on. Britt is also rumored to be in "Age of Ultron."

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Apoplexy posted:

Like Burn Gorman, Lance Hunter has a name that dictates the roles he will play far better than anything else.

That's a name you can hang your hat on. The "Edge Maverick" of the MCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Apoplexy posted:

Lance Hunter is the character's name, not the actor's.

The actor's name is Nick Blood.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

That's dumb, no-one will buy him as an action hero with that name. He should be called Nicky Steamboat.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Inveigle posted:

Agent Triplett is only recurring role on SHIELD.

B.J. Britt (the actor who plays Triplett) already has a role on another TV series called "Being Mary Jane," plus other movie roles he's working on. Britt is also rumored to be in "Age of Ultron."

I'm so bummed. I was hoping for a permanent Triplett for Ward exchange. Triplett-FitzSimmons romance is much more amusing than Skyward.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

PunkBoy posted:

New artwork for the season premiere:

Is that a blood spatter in Fitz' shadow? I'm mobile, so hard to tell...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It does kind of look like one, now that you mention it.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Gaz-L posted:

That's dumb, no-one will buy him as an action hero with that name. He should be called Nicky Steamboat.

Amazing. This is amazing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

eriktown posted:

It does kind of look like one, now that you mention it.

There's a pretty similar pattern in Skye's shadow though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hell yeah, pizza and SHIELD Wednesday nights are back!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I like the symbolism of Ward facing the wrong way and being separated from the group by a crack. It tells me the show is going to be as blindly obvious and heavy-handed as it was last season, leaving no room for subtlety or deftness in plotting.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 20, 2014

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Irish Joe posted:

I like the symbolism of Ward facing the wrong way and be separated from the group in the crack. It tells me the show is going to be as blindly obvious and heavy-handed as it was last season, leaving no room for subtlety or deftness in plotting.

Yeah it's going to be great.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I still hope he turns into Taskmaster. Or just that Taskmaster turns up really. Marvel has a couple of low level super characters that would work great in a television setting and Taskmaster is just 100% entertaining.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Coulson looks really angry (angry face, arms crossed) while Skye looks like she is reaching for her gun and in a charging posture. I wonder what that means.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

GaussianCopula posted:

Coulson looks really angry (angry face, arms crossed) while Skye looks like she is reaching for her gun and in a charging posture. I wonder what that means.

Considering we left off with him writing in an alien language, having displayed the exact kind of behavior we were warned about given his procedure....

Probably nothing! :v:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Barry Convex posted:

:golfclap: Very nice.

How stoked were you to receive that setup?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looking forward to seeing if they keep the momentum from last season.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Starting with Nutzis, off to a good start.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dum Dum!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Agent Carter!!!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Howling Commandos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU