Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqo-7oli7iA

Hmm, Highway to Hell is a terrible choice of music but shrug.

I'm just glad for the complete absence of Skyward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Inveigle posted:

Agent Triplett is only recurring role on SHIELD.

B.J. Britt (the actor who plays Triplett) already has a role on another TV series called "Being Mary Jane," plus other movie roles he's working on. Britt is also rumored to be in "Age of Ultron."

I'm so bummed. I was hoping for a permanent Triplett for Ward exchange. Triplett-FitzSimmons romance is much more amusing than Skyward.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A good start

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hahaha vegetable fake out

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Go away forever Skyeward

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

This is hilarious what are you talking about. Skye is creeped out, Ward is full on crazy.

I'm perhaps irrationally worried about a lovely redemption arc

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Holy poo poo Lucy noooo

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I think some of that writing was on it.

I think so

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

I love how Xena spent a bunch of interviews telling us about how interesting her character is, how she has all this backstory with Coulson that they are going to explore, etc, and the whole time she was lying to our loving faces.

gently caress you, Xena.

Haha that's pretty funny. I'm hoping they do something with magical alien artifact to bring her back :(

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

Comic-magic might bring her back or something, who knows? It does seem weird to chop off her hand then kill her anyways.

Based on the dramatic camera lingering on Xena's arm at the end, I believe that they will regrow her from her arm.

Was Simmons being AIM a popular fan theory or is that just a thing I read in this thread?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Some thought she was HYDRA due to that seen about "lying" and her saying something about getting better at it or something like that, I don't remember it exactly.

Yeah that's the scene I was thinking of. I remember people throwing out Hydra or aim. It was when she was in the lab with Triplett just after Hydra poo poo was going down at headquarters.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

As long as they spare us from an Agent Carter-Howard Stark love triangle I will be happy.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh sure... Walk up to him with a sniper rifle

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Well that preview was something.

Gotta make up for this week's slower pace!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Also the fact that they are investing more money in Netflix projects than their ABC offerings is pretty telling.

I didn't know this. You got a link to more details?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Snazzy black lab coats

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hydra is really good at merchandising

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I love that they are telling the audience "No SKYE hates Ward! Stop worrying they'll get back together!!!"

I'm the target audience for this and I love it. The scenes kinda remind me of the alias mom and Jennifer garner scenes.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mack is awesome

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This is a good episode so far

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Scissorfighter posted:

That was like a Buffy-style filler episode, where it's so full of important character development and setup that it feels indispensable. The Fitz/Ward scene literally got me on the edge of my seat.

I don't really think 'filler' is the right term. Can't it just be a normal episode? Not everything has to be a big series changer. Anyway, this episode is what I signed up for. A good monster of the week episode with character development in the background. Also the crappy CGI is starting to grow on me. It's especially hilarious when they've demonstrated that they can on occasion not have it super crappy (Absorbing Man).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

There is no way we make it through this season without Ward escaping. Either by his own initiative, or by Skye letting him out so he can take her to her father when events dictate that it is important to find him.

I'm a fan of Fitz going evil scientist and inadvertently (or not) releasing Ward plot line. As long as we avoid a Simmons gets brainwashed and then has amnesia when she's rescued plotline I'm happy.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DancinBrud posted:

Hunter mentioned his ex again in this episode. I still think there's a chance that she will be Mockingbird!

Oh I'm dumb and keep assuming it's Xena. It'd make more sense if she was currently alive and could show up again.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I think the only thing is they can't refer to them as Magneto's children.

My brother and I were wondering how they were gonna address this. So it sounds like the MCU will just ignore that point altogether?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

The fan base is going to stroke the gently caress out if this show actually offs Coulson again.

That will solve the 'why won't he tell Tony' questions.

Man I love all the fake outs the show keeps throwing at us.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

NowonSA posted:

Hydra agent knows I'm the Shield Director? Well, no time to kill her and keep vital intelligence safe, lets run!

Yeah this bugged me a lot but we can't have it all.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Strabo4 posted:

It is a thing of beauty.

Highlight of the season

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I'm not exactly sure when it happened but I think Skye is my favorite character now.

Sassy Skye best Skye

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Trainspotting is such a good addition just for all the jokes

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I got an email this afternoon that there's some kind of Marvel announcement after the show is over. Probably something to do with Agent Carter is my guess.

Goddamn it my Canadian channel cut it off and I missed it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Well, since Garrett got blowed up we need an entertainingly crazy villian.

Crazy villains are the best villains.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

Avengers trailer next week

Ah thanks. So can any comic people shed some light on Skye's dad? Is there an inhuman that has super strength but gets all ragey hulk style?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DancinBrud posted:

I like that they had Palicki jump on an invisible jet in her first appearance on the show. Who needs Wonder Woman?

:allears:

What's the context for this or is this just a random thing that happens?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

Who says any given powers require CGI? Not everything is shoot a beam of fire/ice/Gatorade at a dude.

Skye mind reading powers confirmed

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I hate Canadian hijacking of shows so we miss cool stuff like that.

You and me both :argh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Archaic posted:

I will be mega pissed if I miss the Ultron footage because of this.

It's pretty much assured.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Holy poo poo

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dacap posted:

AHH Canada isn't showing the Avengers scene!

Urgh gently caress us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Aw man I missed the very end. Ward was messing with his hands.... and then what? He slips off the cuffs and beats up dudes?

Yup. Dislocated his thumb and punched dudes

• Locked thread