Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

ToastyPotato posted:

Daredevil is a Netflix show though, so the whole season drops all at once, unless you purposefully only limit yourself to one episode per week.

At that point why don't they just make a movie instead of being crammed into an episodic format unnecessarily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Love it if it was Trip's grandpa, just to tie it into the show. Or if they were really brave and didn't waste screen time on the mandatory romance.

It'll probably be Dum Dum, though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

There wouldn't be significant loss of velocity between the range where trip was and where hunter ran to with the rifle, if it's supposed to be a real weapon and not some weird shield tech.

Also I kinda assume if the killshot had to be that close, trip wouldn't have been that far away. I read it as lance being intentionally written as acting like a dumbass because he wanted revenge, and then having coulson save his bacon with the macguffin device.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Fighting something? Tony would blow off that call for date night with Pepper.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

As stated, they explicitly state they don't know who's running SHIELD now. They've gotta know she meets SOMEBODY though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'd rather they got to it this season than dick along with it forever and risk getting canceled before they wrap it up.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

greatn posted:

I certainly don't, just every time a company wants to do something the internet goes crazy. I mean, Facebook just added anonymous profiles because a couple thousand people signed up for a flash in the pan competitor in protest.

I bet if Nielsen just tossed the self-reporting mechanism and used cameras with face recognition, enough people would still do it for free cable that it'd be worthwhile.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Ward as the punisher would be better than every part of War Zone other than the rocket launcher skeet shot.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I love that rage dad can just walk right into a hydra base and into the grand poobah's office at will.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Now we get unpredictable random element Ward instead of Hannibal Lecter Ward. This'll be good.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Coulson might use him with the lure of being back on the team, then betray him after he gets what he wants. That'd be neat.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Dexo posted:

The brother trapped in the well is the craziest and most evil of all of them.

Well-bro is Skye's dad.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The end of the scene was Ward grabbing a gun, pointing it, and a gunshot sound. Unless it gets revealed he shot the lock on the truck or something, that would be a dumb thing to have as a fakeout.

I'm gonna assume they stuck a tracking device up his rear end or something long ago since him escaping isn't the least plausible thing to happen to them in any given week. Phil heading down to deliver the final "gently caress you, you'll never be one of us again" might've been meant to goad him into escaping, since he's likely to lead them to SOMETHING they want to blow up.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

He had an obligatory fight with Ward in his first episode and it was pretty even.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I thought they learned their lesson with the skip week bullshit last season.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Did I miss a line about what happened to the tattooed serial killer tahiti dude? They have british hydra dude in their one holding cell, I doubt they just let him go.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I expect Coulson to show up in a post-credits stinger, that reveal seems perfect for those.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Another skip week? God dammit :|

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'll be surprised if the murder/suicide turns out to be a generic revenge killing rather than part of a long con on SOMEBODY. Doesn't mean Ward didn't enjoy it, though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Buddy burned down the house to ingratiate himself with Hydra.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The backstory behind their clone agent program producing a bunch of pudgy, snarky Patton Oswalts instead of an army of Mays or Wards could be an amusing episode.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Seeing Coulson bust out some BJJ moves on daddy was awesome. Clark Gregg is a pretty capable fighter himself and it's cool that they let him use it in the show.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Actually, she was (briefly) the only human to survive touching it (because they lopped off her arm immediately) - she died in a car crash.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I hope Skye knows the constellations and figures out where the secret city is that way. Even if it's inaccessible, any astronomy nerd could figure out the latitude on the first clear night. And a secret agent who's been all over the world might be familiar with different altitudes and how it feels to breathe there. That's enough data points to find the place again probably.

Though if she escapes only to find out they're on the loving moon, that'd be cool too.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I always felt like the superhuman May took out was like, a mind-controlling toddler or something she'd actually have reason to feel bad about killing.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

Are you seriously saying that when Coulson said backup was coming your immediate thought was "Yeah he's given Deathlock a call", or is this just hindsight :smug:

Dunno about that guy, but yeah, I figured it was gonna be Agent Peterson.

Coulson said "Actually, there's only one person coming". The established one-person armies that they'll put on this show are May (captive), Ward (Not likely), and Deathlok, who happens to be the most powerful of the three AND this was the perfect moment for him to show up and turn the tables.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It'd be great if banner had just rolled up on his scooter and everybody just did what he asked out of sheer terror. Dunno how expensive Ruffalo is but the cgi budget would've been smaller!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid posted:

I always felt like the superhuman May took out was like, a mind-controlling toddler or something she'd actually have reason to feel bad about killing.

Oh yeah.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

He seems crazy enough to stitch her back together like that will make her all better, and it's just a fortunate coincidence that it actually did.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

If they thought the exploding eyeball would be enough they probably wouldn't have taken his kid.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Having the life of a family member and yourself under threat is pretty much the definition of "extenuating circumstances".

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

They both probably were at least a little inspired by the ridiculously long single-shot sequence in True Detective last year.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It picks significantly up around episode 16? 17? Since you can just binge it instead of waiting a week per episode I suggest you suffer through it until you get there.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Well, if we're gonna go full :goonsay:...

What I find most implausible is that Hawkeye and Black Widow are actually as useful combatants as anyone else on the main team, and yet somehow War Machine isn't.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That was a really, really well done twist.

"These people won't follow me blindly into a war"

"*I* would! :stare:"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Dumb Reina theory: She probably framed the honest truth like a lie, intentionally making a failed power play so they'd turn on her, and then the OH gently caress REINA WAS RIGHT reaction is so much stronger when Jiaying actually DOES start a war. Manipulators gonna manipulate.

I dunno exactly what form it will take, but she's gotta have some kinda angle. It's what she does.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I love that Reina got to die something of a hero. She knew exactly what was gonna happen and walked into it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Khanstant posted:

They're going to give him a robo hand that looks exactly like a human hand, so they don't have to gently caress with a hand prop every shot.

Throwaway line about it being Stark tech + a glove. Boom. They're not gonna have him in the sling for any length of time, if at all.

• Locked thread