Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

god this blows posted:

The Verge’s review. In case posting my phone breaks it. The comment is around 12:15 in there https://youtu.be/7qk2wsl8IFA?t=735

Thank you! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Hey guys, I think we're due for a new OP, seeing how the current one is over 6 years old at this point and the thread has 1700+ pages. If anyone is wanting to take that on we can reward ye with things like platinum or a new av, etc.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cage-free egghead posted:

Hey guys, I think we're due for a new OP, seeing how the current one is over 6 years old at this point and the thread has 1700+ pages. If anyone is wanting to take that on we can reward ye with things like platinum or a new av, etc.
Done!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012380

Still updating the OP. Anyone got suggestions?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Abandon thread! :smugdon:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I feel bad for the people in the stores/phones who are stuck behind a garbage system. Naturally after dealing with web chat/phone call/reddit (wtf) support, the answer was 'go to a store and they will fix it'.

Having dealt with AT&T stores before, I know this answer was actually "Go to an AT&T store and they will set up a new order because it's completely separate and even if it wasn't there's zero incentive for the person who handles you to do it anyway because there's no commission for them". So now rather than my phone getting delivered on Friday and having the time to start it fresh and make sure everything is working, I now have to go into the store and give them my handset when picking up the new one and also hoping they haven't hosed up how much I'm due to pay because naturally I haven't had any emails confirming this yet.

I should've just stayed with my XR on a pre-paid agreement, ffs.

As one of those poor bastards dealing with it, the positive side is that since I have a quota, every time a customer calls upset that the website isn’t working right I literally say “oh that’s great, that keeps me employed I’ll get you set.”

Tbh, the systems I use are not bad at this point. There are really annoying things that they should be able to do but mess up, but I’ve used them so long I know almost every trick.

Btw, for everyone in general, in terms of from my perspective , the 14 launch is def not the same volume / pace / energy as the 13 was(not really surprising IMO). Last year was the first year the carriers did $800 trade ins (recently at least) and a LOT of people did them and now , surprise surplus, aren’t eligible this year.

Also no surprise, I get a lot of people wanting to buy the 14, but they got the iPhone 12 or whatever on a 30 month payment plan so it’s like “well, you have 8-10 months left and owed $500 still, did you want to pay that off to upgrade early?” Unsurprisingly the answer is usually no, although shiny new phone does make a few people do crazy things.

Also, already starting last year, the 13 Pro was noticeably picking up more orders than the regular 13. This year it’s like, no one buys the 14 during preorders. Expect good inventory of the 14, the Pro and Pro max are def the hot topic ones. Which is usually the case for preorder (early adopters), but even more so this year. I have had literally one 14+ preorder, the plus is gonna be a dud because anyone wanting the bigger phone will just get the max.

Edit: I sure as hell didn’t type all these meaningless words to have them get lost with a new thread I am re posting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
New thread