Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

How do I get this U2 album off my phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is there a way to get spotlight search to actually check all my messages? I can try searching something I talked about with a friend 3 days ago and it just doesn't come up and I can't figure it out.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i bought 1blocker it's good.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i used purify before 1blocker but kept having issues where safari would pull up blank pages and i'd have to refresh to get anything to load.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Is it possible to get a battery replaced on a 5S? I'm holding out for the 7 to upgrade but the battery in his started showing its age the last month or so.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

it beats using a case.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I have a 5s and have always used my thumbs with no issue and I think it's the same sensor as the 6.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

no case

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So strange that IYG of all places is a hotbed of classism.

I think you mean DYP.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

skooma512 posted:

If I get an iphone through Verizon do they monkey with the ROM like they do with their Android phones or is just a couple preloaded apps and that's it?

they aren't allowed to gently caress with iphones.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

xzzy posted:

They can lock down features like tethering though. But I don't think any carriers are doing that these days.

i think verizon legally isn't allowed to do that on LTE devices.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

you can't just mute your own mother, dude.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

jailbreak apps dont live in the walled garden, friend.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the only jailbreak tweak I remember using that I miss was mapping vol+/- to next track and previous track if held.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

swipe up

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone else on ios10 beta experience the music app never remembering where you were? when i get in the car now i have to completely open the music app and pick a playlist / album again.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

how do i rate songs in the music app in ios 10?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

xzzy posted:

Someone posted it a few pages back.. swipe or tap the album art or something?

They moved it again but I ain't running the beta to be more precise.

i posted a couple pages ago that you have to swipe up to get to repeat/shuffle but rating isn't with those controls. it isn't tapping the song name or the album art either like it was in the past.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

buy a bigger phone

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Killer Queen posted:

My iPhone SE suddenly stopped charging this evening out of nowhere,

make sure there isn't lint or crap in the phone connector.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Killer Queen posted:

Did you read my post past first line???? :allears:

that's almost as dumb a post as mine!!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Pivo posted:

People who are not me have said that lint and dirt in the connector cause those problems, I find it hard to imagine how you get that much poo poo in a port that connects so tightly, but that is another potential cause. But with the inclusion of the 3rd party battery case that coincided with the start of the problem, I would be inclined to blame the case.

it happens to me for daring to put the phone in my pocket.

it's not the case cause i have it happen and never use a case.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nice bootleg charger

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

1blocker is the best

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

where's the iphone 7 se

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

el_caballo posted:

Hey who has downgraded from like a 6 to an SE

that's an upgrade

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

el_caballo posted:

True but screen size-wize.

that's also an upgrade.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Were 4" screens the intended one-handed size for the typical on-screen buttons in the upper left and right hand corners in iOS? I started using iOS with the iPhone 6 and they're really stupidly placed up there unless I use a smart button screen protector that's janky and reduce touch sensitivity on its edges.

yes. on a 5/5s/SE you can reach every part of the screen one handed without having to shift your grip at all.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

don't lose them they're $159

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ios10 runs perfectly on my 5s, to whoever is fearmongering saying it would run like garbage. did good through the betas too.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

get orange

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i preorder to get into the club

i've music janitored using itunes for years on windows and it works just fine. sucks to be incompetent i guess.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Bum the Sad posted:

No it doesn't

have you tried deleting and reinstalling because your current install of itunes is obviously hosed up

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

dilztronic

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

MMD3 posted:

I recently jumped ship from iOS to Android and I'm looking for a good way to export/view all of my SMS messages on my iPhone 6 before I restore it to sell.

Does anyone know of any good tools for extracting SMS messages from backups and viewing them? Ideally something free or not too expensive. It looks like iExplorer would do the trick but I don't want to pay $60 just to view SMS backups.

allyourtexts maybe?

e idk if that can pull from backups actually but if you have the phone still it should work.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

a type of pants

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that case looks like it came from a butt

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

if you used mailbox try polymail

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

everyone will just keep recommending lastpass in here for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the adblock support they baked in to safari.

p.s. the best one is 1blocker.