Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

eames posted:

interesting article re: sapphire cover glass. Likely yet another 6S Plus feature besides native "3x" resolution.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/11/sapphire-display-iphone-6-missed/

What's up with the resolution on the plus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

So am I being retarded or does it sound like the 6+ might run slower? Isn't the hardware going to be taxed by constantly rescaling the resolution?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Phone cases are retarded, live fast die young and leave a scratched up worn out iphone 2 years later when you're due for an upgrade.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

AT&T is buying back the iphone 4 for $200 which is awesome considering the 4 is pretty outdated. I have a verizon iphone 4, what are the odds they'll let me trade that in?

E: I also have my 5 to trade, but is rather sell it outright since they probably won't give me as much as I could sell it for.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

A Verizon iPhone 4 won't even work on AT&T's network, so, ya know.

Yeah, that's why I asked because the fine print says VVVVVV

Three Olives posted:

It just says iPhone 4, doesn't say AT&T iPhone 4, since it only applies if you sign a 2 year contract or get Next I assume they will take any iPhone 4 to keep get you to sign a contract just the same.

I did this on Friday with my iPhone 4 because my dad was buying a 5S, super easy no hassle (besides the hard sell to spend it right then on overpriced accessories). Keep in my the $200 can only spent with AT&T but you can pay your phone bill with it which is what I did with plenty of money left over.

Anyway, I, gonna try at some point & see if they take the phone.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I let the new intuitive keyboard compose this post:

Hey guys please don't let the world and the rest of the best way to go back in my life.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

twice today (after upgrading to iOS8 yesterday) my launch day 5 has told me "no sim card installed" :ohdear:

shutting it down and restarting has solved the issue each time but I'm worried it'll happen overnight and i'll miss an important call.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

So who else is planning on waiting in line tomorrow? I usually just preorder but this time I want to actually see the two different phones before purchase.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

AT&T: They've got one demo 6+ which is all I really cared about. I didn't expect to get a phone today but wanted to see both sizes before buying anything :shrug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: cops are on the way cause some loving rear end in a top hat left his baby locked in the car while he's waiting in line :laffo:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lelandjs posted:

So what's it like living in Florida?

Louisiana :eng101:

e: it's terrible

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:lol: everybody booed this dude as he did the walk of shame out of the store to get his stupid kid

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

shodanjr_gr posted:

Are all iPhone 6 boxes supposed to be lacking the phone graphic from the top of the box? Mine just has the indentation.

same

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Am I missing something or can you no longer clear your history without also clearing saved website passwords?

That's pretty lame.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Supgaiz posted:

From in Safari hit the book icon, go to history, and there's a clear button on the bottom right.

Ah, cool :thumbsup:

I'd always done it in settings "clear history" which is now "clear history and website data"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

After just three days with my 6 I'm already reaching for the lock button in the wrong spot on my old iPad 2

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

So Siri lets you easily bypass the lock code/thumbprint deal.

From the lock screen tell Siri to "open safari" or whatever, when the app opens you can simply hit the home button to get access to the entire phone. I've been trying it with different apps & only once did it not work (with Amazon), but I tried it again with that app and was able to bypass the lock code numerous times.

Has it always been this way? Id never used the lock code before having the iPhone 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Touché iphone, touché...