Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Damo posted:

A new phone with a new battery can easily last a day with moderate usage like you desribe. I've never had an issue with battery life in any of my iPhones -- 3g, 4, and 5. I can't remember ever having to charge my phone before the day ends, even with pretty heavy usage.

I only mentioned "new" battery because all rechargeable batteries lose capacity the more they are used/age. For example, my 5's battery, being around 2 years old at this point, is starting to show it's age. The charge isn't lasting me as long as it used to. Although I can still get through a day without charging with no issues. The difference in the battery's charge is noticeable, but still doesn't pose a problem even after 2 years of usage.

If you are very concerned about battery life, and don't mind a huge phone, the 6+ model is supposed to have appreciably better battery life than the normal 6 -- that is, if Apples numbers are to be trusted.

Unless you were one of the lucky ones like me!

Currently have an iPhone 5, battery went to poo poo after a little over a year. I went in and had it replaced last winter and paid the battery swap charge. Turns out my phone was eligible for that whole 'free battery replacement' that was announced last month, I was given a refund for paying out of pocket for it.

Then about two weeks ago, my battery kept dying super fast. I restored, tried everything I could think of that would get rid of any potential issue. Ended up taking the phone into an Apple store (btw can y'all stop saying "Fruit Stand" because you sound like loving morons) to see what was up, turned out that my "new" battery was failing and it was doing the "swollen battery" thing and was pushing the screen off of the phone casing so they ended up giving me a refurb swap, no questions asked. Which is cool I guess, but it just seems like there was definitely an issue in production with some of the 5's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Wow you guys sperg the gently caress out about everything.

It's a phone, made with metals and glass. Take care of it and it won't shatter/bend/break into 1000 pieces.

Want a screen protector or phone case? Buy one. Everyone has different use cases.

Jesus Christ.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Posts like this are generally more annoying than people having a discussion about the merits of screen protectors and cases, just fyi.

I have like .0067mb of "other" showing up when I connect to iTunes, please send help. I just don't know what to do.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone know of any grocery apps that play EDM?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Sorry your dumb.

Hah.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Sorry your dumb.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
So apparently my mom's 5c got swiped today (about an hour ago) and even though Find My iPhone is enabled, the person that took it has shut down the phone. Aside from erasing/playing sound/lost mode, is there anything else that can be done? If there isn't anything else I will just blacklist it, but I didn't know if there was any other alternative to finding it.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yeah you should have a self-destruct button when you log into Find My iPhone as well. It'll cause the battery to overheat and explode.

Are you not seeing it?

This is a 5c, it doesn't come with that option.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Regarding this whole misaligned front camera thing that I keep seeing people post about, does it even have an effect on the functionality of the camera? I have a 6 and I can easily see there is a crescent shaped spot on the upper right of mine but it has no effect on the camera.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 30, 2015

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

tuyop posted:

But yeah, I don't know the measurements of 3.5mm jack extender plugs. You could also just use a steak knife or nail file or brick wall to file down the edges of the ones you already bought I guess?

That's what I did back on an iPhone 5 case, used an exacto knife and it worked just fine.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Atleast Siri can beatbox

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Is there a market for water damaged iPhones? My iPhone 6 fell into the toilet and it's completely unusable (won't even turn on but for some reason it still gets recognized by iTunes but none of the apps etc show up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Michael Scott posted:

Was it before or after... you know?

The toilet was not in use when it happened.