Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

e: poo poo sorry, this should go in the preorder thread.

vvv moving to the preorder thread, but it was definitely a new monthly charge. Bizarre.

mareep fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

That bumps up the entire phone bill permanently? Apparently with all our lines upgrading the total phone bill would go up $150 which seems excessive, and I feel like my parents would have flipped about this in past years.

e: yeah, I thought it was really odd that this is the first I've heard of it, but it's definitely on the preorder as a monthly charge. Wondering if this is some weird mistake. AT&T has always been kind of garbagey with us about fees and charges but this just seems unusual.

mareep fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 13, 2014

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Anybody having some weird battery screwiness with their iPhone 6? Both me and my boyfriend's newer iPhone 6 have been draining insanely fast and apparently not registering being charged. I pulled my phone off the charger at 6:30 this morning and usage says it was 4 AM. I noticed about ten minutes ago that it was somehow already at 23% and it's dropped to 14% in that timespan. What the hell? Boyfriend's phone is doing the same stuff.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, nothing seems weird at all except it thinking I unplugged my phone a lot earlier than I did. My boyfriend's phone is doing all the exact same stuff as well, which makes me think it's some software issue?

E: just plugged it into a USB port to charge and the battery is still going down. Putting it in airplane mode is letting the battery creep back up a bit but I've no clue why it's doing this :ohdear:

mareep fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 7, 2015

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

WetSpink posted:

USB port on a computer or on a charging plug? When I plug my iOS stuff into my computer it says not charging since what feels like since maybe 6.0 or 7.0

I usually plug it into the wall overnight with the Apple cable/wall charger, I just happened to be at work and only had the USB cable. It also said it was charging, but the battery was still draining pretty rapidly unless it was on airplane mode, which let me charge it back up to full. So far it seems okay, got busy yesterday and didn't have time to restore. Boyfriend updated his phone and said it seems to have fixed it for him so I'll probably try that first too.