Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hotsauce posted:

Wait until people realize you can't sit down or climb stairs with it in your front pocket. Its like the Note all over again - 2014 Apple style.

I don't really get this line of reasoning because I have normal khaki pants and a 4.7" phone fits there with plenty of room (I expect a 5.5" one would be fine too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Question Mark Mound posted:

America still uses magnetic stripes, right? I don't think I've ever seen that actually used over here.

Until the fall, yes. There has actually been a lot of new POS hardware popping up in the past few months.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I've got a question about LTE stuff. My friend wants to buy a 6s (the T-Mobile version) and then use it in China. Does anyone know if the LTE will work there? I checked Apple's site and it seems like it should work just fine.

My friend's planning to use China Mobile as well, I know China Unicom should work okay.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kitten smoothie posted:

The one thing I've noticed also about the 6s is that the vibrate motor is about as powerful as the 6, but is also extremely quiet. So if I set it on a table and have it in vibrate mode, I don't hear it at all.

That's a documented feature, I think the normal motor interferes with the 3D touch.

Al-Saqr posted:

I've been going around showing people the new phone, I keep getting questions about the 3D touch, all I know about it is that it starts a drop down menu on some apps, does anybody know what that thing actually does? is it useful for anything at the moment other than drop down menus?

Think of it kind of like a right click menu on a computer. In addition to drop down menus, you can also preview emails or photos by pressing down.