Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I've already got an iPad mini Retina and an iPhone 4S, and this thread has convinced me (was already 75% there) that getting the regular 6 for actual phone use is the move, despite the differences in battery life. I went and felt up some galaxy notes (roughly same width?) and man, that's a hefty phone to hold. Also, having a phablet and a tablet would leave me with no phone. Maybe a generation or two down the road I'll consolodate into the 7+ or whatever, but by then we'll all be wearing apple contact lenses and so on and so forth. For now, phone it is. The screen size difference from 4S to 6 is gonna be pretty big anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Redbubble's cases are cool. I'm getting this Dark Souls Bonfire because what makes an iPhone better? Dark Souls.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/lukejfrost/works/11984388-dark-souls-bonfire?p=iphone-case

How likely is it that a Gold Iphone 6 will have a higher resale value a year from now than the other types?

Edit: Those Spigen cases are very clean looking.

xian fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 12, 2014

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Silver it is! Boom. Technology money forked over to the technology gods (64gb silver 6)

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

I felt the same way about the 5 and to a lesser degree the 5S when my 4S was just a year (or two) old.

AND

This Spigen Case with a credit card slot is making me rethink my case purchase. Looks pretty spiffy, but I'm concerned the cards will stick in that enclosure, which would be annoying. http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6/iphone-6-case-slim-armor-cs-4-7.html

xian fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 12, 2014

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
team white iphone all the way

@Boris - very thin black case?

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
when do you ever hit the top corner when the phone is flat on surface?

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Got the "We've got some great news for you. Your items will be ready for pickup on Sep 19." Email last night. Am I waiting on another one saying "your phone is ready today come get it" or should I go up to the store now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
my bad. Will do