Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

SourKraut posted:

I think the extruded camera is on the normal 6 as well?

And I'd also doubt that there would be any exterior changes on an S version of the 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

electricHyena posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question or not the right place, but I'm going from a Galaxy S4 to the new iphone 6. It's been a while since I've activated a new iPhone -- you activate it first, then plug it into iTunes to restore from a backup, correct? It's only been a year since I've had my old iPhone, so the backup is (relatively) recent. Is there a problem with this idea?

You don't need to use iTunes at all anymore, if you backup-ed to iCloud as well.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5262

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Mine's also been sitting on "Preparing to Update" for a while, but it seems to be making decent progress.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

I'm confused, what makes Gruber an rear end in a top hat?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

So, noticed that the top-right corner of the screen on my 5s is starting to bulge out. That's probably a battery issue, right?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

kitten smoothie posted:

Could be. Had the same problem, and when I took mine in on Monday I was told the battery was fine and what was really going on was there was a piece of plastic on the inside that had fallen out of place.

They just popped open the phone, fixed that, and reseated the screen.

On the outside chance it's an inflated battery I'd say get it to a Genius Bar stat.

Was it just an in-warranty fix for you? I don't have Applecare+, unfortunately.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

So 5s bulging screen update:

Took it to the Apple Store during lunch and the genius decided to just go ahead and replace my phone. He said my enclosure was warping, and that it was covered under warranty. Apple's support owns so hard.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

There was some rumblings in the summer that AirPlay to an Apple TV wouldn't require WiFi with iOS8. Can anyone confirm?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

That's cool that it supports it. I'm trying to figure out how to watch some premier league games at our football tailgate next Saturday. I saw that the NBC Sports Live Extra app supported AirPlay so I was intrigued with buying an Apple TV just for that.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

how is the store up for some people and down for others?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

finally popped up, ordered.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So has anyone dabbled with the whole dual sim part of the new phones?

wasn't the esim functionality delayed?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

FCKGW posted:

I just noticed the thread title is an apt description of the new iPhone XR

was that not the joke? what’s it from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

screamin and creamin posted:

Is it somehow bad voodoo to simply move the old SIM from my old X to my new XS Max? It seems to be working and I'm able to make calls.

I'm on AT&T and didn't want to go through the process of moving the activation on their abysmal website that for some reason insists my phone has my wife's number and vice-versa.

i’ve been using the same sim card since my iphone 5s