Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

EugeneJ posted:

Anyone find a way to keep Low Power Mode on even through a charge?

When I plug my iPhone in and it's in Low Power Mode, once it gets above 80% battery a message pops up saying something like "device now has sufficient power, exiting Low Power Mode". This is annoying because then whenever I take the phone anywhere I have to go into the settings and re-enable it.

You can swipe the notification on the lock screen and it'll bring up an option to re-enable low power mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

Croc Monster posted:

App store down for anyone else? Both iphone and ipad can't update apps. Press "update all", the spinners spool up, then revert back to "update" buttons. Been like that for about 20 minutes now.

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

It looks like they're having some problems.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

Rest Finger to Unlock is currently broken but should recreate previous functionality once fixed.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

eddiewalker posted:

I'm in and out of so many hotels that I can't keep track. After I check in and get on the elevator with my hands full of luggage, I've started saying "Hey Siri, remind me hotel room number 544" and I get a reminder saved in my default list.

Is there a way I can ask her to read me that reminder later?

"Hey Siri, remind me room number 544 when I get to <hotel>"

That should notify you every time you return to your hotel until you mark it completed.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

So now that Shortcuts is properly integrated into iOS, you no longer have to confirm sending iMessages. It'll just send them out.

Use with caution.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

There's a group Facetime bug going around.

1. Initiate a Facetime call with someone.
2. While the call is ringing, swipe up from the bottom of the display.
3. Tap on the "Add Person" button.
4. Add your own phone number when it asks for the number of the person to add.

It'll then turn on the other person's mic and speaker. Until Apple pushes out a fix you might want to disable facetime?

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

FaceID feels significantly faster on ios 13. It feels like the upgrade from the first gen thumbprint scanner to the second gen.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

who’s Eve Jobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

~Coxy posted:

The way album art takes over your lock screen, including colour, is a bit annoying/ugly IMO.
I'm a commuter, I listen to podcasts, the improved controls are good but the BIG loving PICTURE is obnoxious.

Tap the album art