Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, so far the Space Gray seems the most popular this year, and ironically the iPhone 6 Gold will likely be the easiest to find.

If you want a 6+ on launch day, get in whatever line really early.

(Very)Anecdotally, I find that the people who bought gold 5ses were by and large, people who had held off on getting an iPhone or upgrading from an older one, because the color of their phone is one of the, if not the, leading factor in their phone choice. Simultaneously, people who choose a phone by color first, and probably price second, aren't particularly likely to wake up at 3am to preorder a phone that isn't available in a color that the previous model wasn't available in. Those people all bought gold 5ses and tangerine 5cs, last upgrade cycle.

I've also been hearing a lot of people (Android and iPhone owners, both,) saying they're bothered by the 16-64-128gb storage split, as well, and that they feel Apple is trying to drive them to a higher price point. Which is, of course, exactly what they're trying to do, I just don't think it's because of an evil apple conspiracy to be greedy. (It's amazing the silly poo poo even well-educated professionals will believe.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Dave posted:

Curious how that makes sense when the 64 costs what the 32 cost? (Or am I misremembering the costs?)

These are people that habitually order the lowest-storage(cost) model. I only moved to the 32gb model with the iPhone 5.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

smoobles posted:

Question for 6+ owners: Do you think it suitably replaces an iPad for your general use? I'm considering selling my 5S and iPad Air to get the 6+.

On the go, yes. I'll probably stop carrying my iPad to work.

At home, no.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I restored my 64gb 6+ from a 32gb 5S backup over iCloud, and it took pretty much the whole night. I took it out of several wifi networks a couple times through the night, and it was completely seamless. It would pause, and I'd still be lacking pictures, apps, music, etc, but I plugged it in to wall power when I went to bed, power cycled it in the morning, and it was done.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I get claustrophobic using a 4S.

Pick up a 3G. You'll think you've gone claustrophobic and developed cataracts.