Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also why would apple name something with the design of a 6 after a 2 year old model :psyduck: this is one of the dumbest name rumours I've ever heard.

5se is the real name, but it borrows more from the 5 than the 6. it just has the curved edges and the ribbons are that rubbery looking poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

cowofwar posted:

Why are you guys spending $1000 on a smart phone if you just want a lovely texting brickphone?

Most people use their screens and therefore benefit from larger screens.

not even the most expensive iphone costs 1000 dollars

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
no one cares about canada.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i didn't know people still used ringtones

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

nwin posted:

Anyone having issues with safari recently? Anytime I go to type something in the address bar, the app crashes. I'm on the latest iOS 9.2.1 with my iPhone 6s.

disable safari search suggestions in settings

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
nice, sounds like literal hell

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Safari crashes everytime I tap the title bar to type in a URL what's up?

it's on the same page!!!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3664222&perpage=40&pagenumber=371#post455523271

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

tirinal posted:

So, I kind of fell into the ocean. Because I'm clever that way.

My replacement non-iphone phone will be here tomorrow. In the meantime, I want to get access to the pictures and notes that are in my icloud backup. Actually logging into icloud via a browser has a bunch of older stuff that I know is not my backup, and obviously I don't have another iphone to restore to. Is there a program or somesuch for this?

there's only the notes app and then the photos app, but then there's this part that's confusing to me

tirinal posted:

Actually logging into icloud via a browser has a bunch of older stuff that I know is not my backup

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I get routed to the YT app every time but I only click YT links maybe twice a week

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like the app because it can go into landscape mode without me having to disable portrait lock.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's literally just dirty. Get a qtip and rubbing alcohol then go to town on it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
what is wrong with your phone?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The rear end Stooge posted:

Cracked screen, old battery, power button's kinda hosed up

If you can live without it for a few days, I can arrange something to get it fixed for somewhere around $150. PM me if you wanna.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

japtor posted:

Speaking of unlocking, third party home button replacements could gently caress you up:
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/05/error-53-home-button-iphone-brick/

I thought this was well know. Even if your home button breaks, don't replace it if you have a TouchID device.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
5 x c is 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

I don't know why I've never looked into this.