Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

particle9 posted:

Apparently you can view live photos in imessage by force pushing/long pressing. I feel like Apple used to be better about stuff like this. Why isn't there a more intuitive way to do this? Pushing hard opens the clip, kinda half pushing opens it in a window but your finger is now on your photo... I dunno, just seems like poor design. Why can't you just like tap the loving photo to have it move?

Because tapping removes the menus, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Overcast is awesome, 416 hours saved here.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

That's a lot of Joe Rogan

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Excellent. I’ve saved 17 minutes using it everyday for the past few years. :lol:

Just can’t stand the speed up I guess.

You’ve screwed up

Turn on Smart Speed on a new podcast and see if you actually notice the difference(or rather if it actively bothers you). Smart Speed mostly cuts silences and only for a certain percentage, very rarely goes above 1.1x speed.

You could’ve saved 300 hours of meaningless pauses and silence

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

A friend just got their iPhone stolen in a busy shop, I told him to activate Lost mode, but should he use the "Erase" option? Not sure if I should recommend that...

From what I understand in the cryptic description, Lost Mode gives you a shot at locating the phone if they ever connect to the internet, but I'm not sure if it leaves their info at risk