Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah, I use slide to go back on everything. What I wonder if whether the average user is aware of the gesture since there's not a user manual that people read.

Same here.

And then I'm pissed every time I do it in Facebook and it opens up the side menu instead of taking me back a level/page.

It's the only app I can think of that does this wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

I have a question 100% unrelated to the iPhone 6/6+...

For some random reason, Siri is being a complete pain in my rear end. I try to use voice-to-text as much as possible when I'm in the car, so I'm used to saying "Send a text message to my wife", and then dictating my text.

Tonight, I tried to do this and Siri said she couldn't find a phone number or email address for my wife. I could ask Siri to read my text messages, and she would say I have a message from <insert wife's actual name here>...but when I asked Siri to send something to my wife, it constantly failed.

I deleted her contact and re-entered all her information as a new contact...as well as deleted the contact association & re-added it (both via Siri and manually).

The first time after asking Siri to send a text to my wife, she would ask me to confirm who my wife was, and then would let me dictate. Then, the next time I asked her to send a text to my wife, she would give me the same bullshit "...can't find a phone number or email address" excuse.

So...I'm at a complete loss for how to fix this. It's not the end of the world...but I was looking forward to being even more hands-free in the car with the iOS "Hey, Siri" feature...

I appreciate any help/advise you have. Google hasn't been much help...but then again I'm not really sure how to give Google a proper query on this anyhow...

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

Siri stupidity

In case anyone else runs into the same problem, I fixed it:

Deleted the contact that Siri considered "me"

Deleted my wife's contact

Created a new "me" contact

Created two new contacts for my wife - one an exact duplicate of the one I deleted (with all the notes/contact data). One that is just her phone number.

Pointed Siri to the contact that has JUST the number.

I have no idea why it works, but it does. Very odd.