Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Hey guys, not sure if this is the best thread to post this, but I'm having a weird issue between my iPhone and wireless. I just moved into a new apartment, and whenever I try to send a text through iMessage using wireless, the message shows briefly as "not delivered" before trying again and being delivered successfully. However, this requires me to turn off "Send as SMS", otherwise the phone will try once through iMessage, fail, then deliver through text rather than using iMessage. Same problem is happening on my iPad, no idea what's causing it. Anyone know of any common modem/router settings to change that might be causing this issue or can alleviate it? I'm on Optimum Online if that makes a difference.

Edit: Seems to be happening even if I'm off the wireless network. Tried using my mother's phone and it had the issue momentarily as well. Perhaps it's some sort of network wide thing in NYC? Anyone been experiencing something similar? I noticed that my phone started acting up yesterday after reinstalling Mavericks on my laptop so I thought it might be tied in with some sort of Apple ID issue, but I remember a friend having some weird problems with her phone as well. It's not really a very serious issue, but it's a little frustrating and confusing.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU