Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, so far the Space Gray seems the most popular this year, and ironically the iPhone 6 Gold will likely be the easiest to find.

If you want a 6+ on launch day, get in whatever line really early.

It's completely the other way around here in Singapore. Gold was the first to go when pre-orders on the apple store started. Space grey is the least popular.

Admittedly, the reason most people are getting gold is to flip it to the resellers, who are going to sell it to China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mania
Sep 9, 2004

flavor posted:

I believe "LOLOLOL sold for $XXXX" stories when I see certified records of the transaction. Too much fraud going on. Besides, this only an offer, and hearsay at that.

I'm not from the states, and the 6+ (especially gold) were in hot demand for the resellers to China. On the release day, I sold my 6+ gold 128g for about $1800usd. The average selling price that day for the same model was around $1600-1700 and the highest I heard someone got was $2150.

The price has since gone down since more people are getting their phones and it seems everyone and their mom bought a phone with the intend to flip and the resellers aren't buying certain models anymore.

Though there's someone selling them on a groupon like site for about $400-500usd more then the rrp and people are actually buying it, which is ridiculous, since there are now a whole bunch of attempted flippers desperate to offload their phones and would happily sell theirs off at less then half that profit.