Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Apparently the 6+ is selling out faster than than the 6.

Now I'm not sure if this means they made a lot fewer or misjudged sales or what but it's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I'm looking forward to iPhone 10, the cube phone. 5 screens. 2 hour battery life.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Tab8715 posted:

The first few generations actually looked nice after being worn but id be hesitant without a case nowadays...

Has anyone gone caseless?

I've owned every iPhone and the last case I had was for the 3G that I stopped using a month in. I've dropped them all a million times and never cracked a screen or back cover. There are dents and scratches on them but I don't care since I've never sold one either. I just pass them down to the kids.

But I always buy AppleCare plus.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Jose Oquendo posted:

You are correct. The big thing with Applecare Plus is the accidental coverage but people tend to forget it also gives you a full two years of the regular warranty too.

Yup. This is important also.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

When I went in to the Verizon store to pre order my 6, the 16GB in all colors had already slipped 2+ weeks -- everything else was still available. Obviously the average consumer doesn't give a crap about the storage increase on the other models, but folks with too much time on their hands like to feed into the perpetual outrage machine.

See also: bitching about the U2 album. I guarantee that 99% of iPhone users don't care as they're not obsessing over every detail of their cell phone.

They have forced me to break my steadfast rule of having nothing post 1990 by U2 on my phone temporarily. And for this, they must be admonished.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Athletic Footjob posted:

My 48 hour EDM mixtape.

lol what a post

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You can very easily do both of these things. Are you blind?

It would be refreshing if you were nicer to people. Or at least be funny if you're being a dick.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I'm glad the cheap option is only 16 GB because it really seems to wind up the most annoying bitch rear end posters.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Just learned that the 6 is just a shade too tall for the spot my phone used to go in my car. I'll adapt I suppose. :v:

Pro Clip are really great solutions for this. I was in a rental for a week or so and missed mine so badly.

If you aren't already familiar with them, they come in two pieces; one for your specific car and one for your specific phone. If you replace one or the other, you only buy the piece you need.

They take less than 5 minutes to install with no tools. They have sales all the time too, usually around every holiday, minor or major.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Kobayashi posted:

I just played with a coworker's 6. It's too big. :(

I bet you did.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Diabolik900 posted:

I'm at least a little bit skeptical considering that A) they just released a Beats Music app for Apple TV last week, and B) Tim Cook basically cited the service it as the reason Apple bought the company in his Charlie Rose interview.

There is this article too.

e: never mind that just sources the same article lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

lelandjs posted:

Have the girlfriend use WhatsApp or whatever for the rear end shots and turn off previews for that. Lose the lovely friend. Problem solved.

Or just have her put them on her photo stream and share them via iCloud....

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Perick posted:

I've been having a problem with my Verizon 6 where it will just lose service. It will show 2-3 bars, but be unable to go online for anything. This has even happened at home with it on my wifi. I've reset network settings and all that... do you guys think I should take it back to Verizon or take it to an Apple store to get it replaced? Power cycling the phone solves the issue but it's happened about once a day since Friday.

My wife's 6 is having similar problems. It won't connect to the Internet over cellular and won't connect to LTE at all. Taking it to Apple in 2 hours.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Perick posted:

Please let us know what they do. I'm on the phone with VZW now and he said VZW stores won't have any replacements to give since they're all on backorder. I seem to recall someone here mentioning that Apple stores keep a supply on hand for this type of swap out though.

They confirmed that it's a hardware issue and they're bringing me a new phone right now.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Suqit posted:

They confirmed that it's a hardware issue and they're bringing me a new phone right now.

New update. Same problem on the new phone. It turned out to be an issue when AT&T setup the phone initially.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

decypher posted:

I am not being dramatic or cliche when I say Steve would not have allowed this to happen.

Lol yes you are and yea you are.

I've said it before but I have a buddy who works HR for Apple and she said the worst part of her job is explaining to fanboy employees that they never met Steve Jobs and have no clue what he would or wouldn't want, especially compared to those that knew him and to shut up and do what you're told. Lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Nice double post dumbass.

Suqit fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 25, 2014

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

lelandjs posted:

It looks like it's designed to press the phone into the hanging canvas, so I assume that they can emulate the pressure of any pair of jeans, from the baggiest Jyncos to the tightest leather assless chaps (do not put your iPhone in the pocket of your tightest leather assless chaps, goons).

[Edit: actually I'm gonna assume that assless chaps probably don't have pockets anyway so I guess my advice is pointless]

Get this:

All chaps are assless.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

The rear end Stooge posted:

Has anyone noticed that they no longer get a download progress circle on the home screen when they're installing apps after installing iOS 8? There used to be a circle that appeared over the app icon when you started downloading it, and when it was about 80% full the icon label would change from "Loading..." to "Installing..." Now it just sits at "Waiting..." with no progress circle the whole time it's downloading, then when it starts installing the circle appears and immediately goes to "Installing..."

Happens to me too.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Pissingintowind posted:

Honestly, there is no good reason why the default mail app doesn't support push Gmail. For whatever reason, it is missing IMAP IDLE (which is what every other mail client uses to push Gmail unless you are using Exchange). My loving Palm 755P had IMAP IDLE 7-8 years ago... Seems like its a middle finger to Google, plain and simple.

You've got it backwards. Mail is capable of pushing gmail but Google won't allow it without whatever that call they're paid account. We all had it and then Google gave us the middle finger.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

pzy posted:

In other news, I saw a little person at the Big E (giant fair) yesterday navigating a 6+ without trouble. You have no excuses, goons

Was it bent? Tell us about their jean pockets.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I just got a check from apple for like $304 or something as a class action settlement I don't know I didn't read it but hey basically free iPhone.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

I dropped my phone in the toilet lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

kitten smoothie posted:

Yeah, they had no way of knowing who had a legit liquid damage case, versus who had an improperly triggered liquid indicator and had to pay out of warranty but shouldn't have.

So if you paid an out of warranty replacement fee for liquid damage at all during that timeframe, then you got money back.

Thanks. I'm not sure I'd have ever figured that out on my own.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Bottom Liner posted:

That's really stupid and would never happen.

Yeah replacing one hole for another makes no sense.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Riven posted:

I've tended to get the bodies scratched up quite a bit, which is why I'm going with an ultra-thin, clear case for my 6+, but also keep my phone alone in a front pocket, so I've never scratched the screen. I think I scratched my 4 a few months before I upgraded, but since they switched to Gorilla Glass, my 5's screen has been perfect since I got it.

It's been gorilla glass since day one.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

"Though this list is sourced from Corning's website, there is a statement on that site indicating that this list is not necessarily comprehensive, as some companies have contractual arrangements with Corning that prohibit listing of said companies' products."

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Some of you people need to check your privilege. It must be real nice having friends to hand your phone to or going outside where you see strangers.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Gio posted:

it'd be really cool and neat if apple made a cable that didn't invariably tear apart. you know by, like, using quality material for their cord covers.

They're covered under warranty for a year, 2 if you have applecare plus.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Kaizoku posted:

Supposedly telling her/him, "That's not funny," after a comment like that will fix the behavior, but I don't remember where I heard it.

If only that worked in this thread...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I rarely buy music on iTunes and rip all CDs I buy because I'm old. I have like 130 gbs of music and I have never had any issues synching. I let iTunes manage everything and I use a Mac. I guess I'm just lucky the other bug has never struck me.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Whataburger accepts it, and thats all that really matters.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Depends on the bank. My understanding is that Chase and Citi required nothing. Wells Fargo uses another app or a phone call. AmEx uses an email or phone call.

I use both Wells Fargo and Amex. Neither required an app or phone call.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I often don't do that, because I'm not a person who can't use their fingers correctly.

Your posts suggest otherwise.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

obi_ant posted:

I'm looking for a very specific type of phone mount. I currently use this SCOSCHE mount and while it does everything I want it to do, I realized that I do not like using a case on my phone. I also don't like sticking that magnet like thing onto the back of my phone. Therefore, I'm in search of a mount that has a "sticky" backing, like the SCOSCHE, but doesn't require a magnet. I've had bad experiences with vent mounts (broke off a few vent tabs), so it has to be a sticky backing. Any ideas?

It should be in the OP.

Pro clips. Best mount there is. You buy 2 pieces; one made for your phone, one fitted to your specific vehicle.

http://www.proclipusa.com/?gclid=CP3epaeIh8MCFeY-MgodFFIARg

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Lawen posted:

Yeah, quite a few...like 250 (just did a rough count and holy poo poo). I take it it's a known issue with having hundreds of Apps on the device? Kinda ironic since having that many apps is why I need spotlight search to find poo poo for me in the first place.

If you go to General-Settings-About it will tell you how many you have.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

The Dave posted:

I find everyone not using spotify weird.

Of course you still need a way to sync your Taylor Swift albums, I understand that pain.

Spotify is great but not everyone wants to rent their music. Once you stop paying that monthly fee its all gone...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Biodome posted:

Anyone know if Proclip is running any sales right now on their car mounts?

They do for pretty much every holiday.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

TraderStav posted:

Hey all, I have an old iPhone4 I want to give to my 7 year old to use as an iPod and such and would love for him to have a data connection and am considering adding him to our group plan since it's so cheap to do so. Can you disable the phone portion of the iPhone either through traditional means or jailbreaking? We want to lock the phone down as much as possible and don't see the need for our 7 year old to have a cell phone at this age but being able to stream music and videos would be great in our opinion.

Appreciate any insight offered.

Just connect his phone to your hotspot and he always has data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

dutchbstrd posted:

Try just putting the phone app in a random folder and don't tell him about it?

That will work for a good 6.9 seconds with a 7 year old.