Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

incoherent posted:

I only say this because I heard someone on a podcast discussing their iphone 7 and it wasn't being detected by usb, only bluetooth.

Worked. haha thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
God I love updates of where everyones phones are it gets me so hot.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

MarcusSA posted:

Yes this.

Also I've only run into issues twice not having the headphone jack.

Once during the first week I tried to plug some headphones I had at work into the jack. The second was last week I wanted to charge and listen to music.

I don't care about the jack as much as I thought.

Nice thing about the apple battery case is you can charge and listen to headphones at the same time.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Step one: stop equating making a consumer choice with joining a cult. It makes you seem goony as gently caress.

"Hmmm, I think I'll take myself down to the fruit stand, chug the kool-aide and get myself a new daily driver that suits my needs."
:goonsay:

"Sir this is an Arby's."

lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i can't wait for 3+ pages of edgecase ear holes :jerkbag:

If there are 3+ pages, maybe it's not an edgecase...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

freezepops posted:

I have a home video I would like to easily transfer to another iPhone. What's the best way to do this? iTunes is complete garbage and will erase all videos already on the iPhone and Photos doesn't seem to have the ability to add a video to the iPhone. I must be missing something because putting photos and video on a phone should be loving easy but everything that comes up with google seems to use iTunes and sync.

Airdrop

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

~Coxy posted:

If you get it to work then it will work. Even in a room full of people with the latest iDevices on the latest IOSes it's pretty hit-and-miss.

The file will be the original file at full quality. So it will take a very long time to transfer despite the iDevices apparently supporting gigabit WiFi.

It's pretty poo poo.

It's been magical for me. I sent like 27 videos like 4 gigs and it took about 30 seconds and was perfect.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

xzzy posted:

I didn't pay $1000 for my premium pocket computer to be serviced by unkempt peons. Jobs would never have let this happen.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Maneki Neko posted:

Is iMessage double notifying me on new messages (usually a minute or two apart) some setting that I'm unaware of? I feel like it may have started with iOS 10?

Settings - Notifications - Messages

scroll to the bottom and there is a setting for Repeat Alerts

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I have texts from 2007, including a conversation I had with some chulo, apparently some girl gave him a fake number and it was mine and he signed every text N!gm@m0bs.

Still don't know what that means.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Violator posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for a iPhone 7 Plus car mount? I'd like something simple and secure that I can preferably mount vertically between my vents. I'd also be open to one of those arm ones I would mount on the dash. I used to use a magnetic vent mount with my old non-Plus, but I want something that has a cradle now for the bigger phone. I trust SA a lot more than the probably fake reviews on Amazon.

https://www.proclipusa.com

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

GoldfishStew posted:

Thank you! Bye bye, touchID. I think it's bullshit they can make me open it and copy my poo poo. Who knows what they are copying or installing.

Having to put in your password every time instead of using touchID is your moron tax.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

xzzy posted:

Do two hour EDM mixes count?

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

GoldfishStew posted:

The game is being played. There is no cookie for not playing. They're eating well over there.

You're a terrible poster. I hope for your sake you're a rereg and didn't get this bad this fast.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Granted I haven't tried listened to any in about 18 months but at least up until then Beats were overhyped, overpriced garbage.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Khablam posted:

Unlimited texts were on just about every contract in the EU way before Whatsapp came around. Not sure that's the cause.

But not internationally, no? Lots more reasons to text internationally in Europe than the US.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

enojy posted:

You feelin' like a nuisance? Yea, go on, turn your ringer off
Notifications is poo poo, too, go on, turn your speakers off

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Dick Nipples posted:

I am a shill for Apple so I bought one too.

Have you heard the Amazon Echo? Im an audio snob, and the second version sounds REALLY loving GOOD.

And it was $80 lol

I'll be shocked, SHOCKED if the Apple version sounds better, and really surprised if it sounds 4 times better.

For reference my main system is a Bel Canto DAC with ATC SCM20asl

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Matt Zerella posted:

The echo sounds shockingly good, I do agree with that part. They're also ahead of everyone on the home automation front.

But it doesnt integrate with Apple Music at all and personally, if i'm going to have a smart device listening to me in my home I trust Apple wayyyyyy more then Jeff Bozos and Amazon.

I know this is the phone thread but...

I'm an apple guy. Owned the phones since day one. Apple watch, MacBook, appletvs, iPads, etc etc

The Amazon voice recognition is orders of magnitude better than Siri. I like to play a fun game. I'll ask Alexa a question and have her answer. Then I'll do the same with Siri and watch her fail miserably. Its better with understanding the actual words I say, and WAY better and understanding what I want and giving me an appropriate answer.

If the speaker sounds just as good, even twice as good, I still wouldn't pay 3.2 times as much (4 when they were on sale over the holidays). Plus if you just want to use apple music you ca bluetooth your phone to it. With your voice. Easily.

Also every CD I ever purchased through Amazon is automatically in my library which is handy and cool.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

MarcusSA posted:

Just an FYI the AirPods feel nothing like the regular ear buds. It’s loving magic.

They fit my ears the exact same way. They don’t. I’m not the only one either. I don’t care how magical they are if they don’t stay in my ears and hurt when they do.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Siri is trash. Period. When compared to Alexa she becomes an abject embarrassment.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I still have texts from 2008. It’s awesome.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Has anyone’s mic on their iPhone X become practically unusable on beta? Speakerphone works fine. Had no issues before

I have t-mobile and I know it’s been mentioned in here before as a possible hardware issue related to t-mobile? 🤔

Gf has same phone/service but no beta

Oh your gf has a beta alright

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

AirPods make you look like an rear end in a top hat.

Some of us don’t even need the AirPods.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Matt Zerella posted:

Set a camel alert for the Roll 2. Best waterproof speaker.

I think the megablast is a little better

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Matt Zerella posted:

It probably is but I love how portable the Roll is. And the built in loop for hanging it.

Yeah the megablast has a ring for hanging too.

And sounds amazing

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Rirse posted:

Jeez is my phone going to make it. It still listed as "preparing to ship" for the last few days.

Probably not. But just know that we’re all praying for you and eagerly awaiting any updates you might have.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why is this so hard. If you like the 6s form factor then get a 7 or 8. They are more or less the exact same size. The 7 is better than the 6s and the 8 is better than the 7. The 6s is software supported but no longer sold. The 8 has wireless charging and the 7 doesn’t. Battery life on the 6s blows.

It’s seriously not rocket science man.

7 and above have no headphone jack too.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Boris Galerkin posted:

^^^ that’s why I said 8 > 7 > 6s ^^^

Yeah but all phones going forward probably won’t have this anymore so it’s not a sticking point.

It might be for someone buying a new phone that just bought a $500 pair of headphones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s certainly a sticking point for some and not bad info to have.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

The Dave posted:

It shouldn't be unless they're an idiot that can't figure out how to use the headphone to lightning adapter.

Unless they need a charge too...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

The Dave posted:

Once you get your first pair of wireless ear buds (and poo poo, go get ankers for like $20) you realize how stupid you’ve been for holding out this long.

I have beats x and they’re ok. But I’d rather use my etymotics and be able to listen to music and charge at the same time.

So what I’m saying here is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Endless Mike posted:

So put your phone on your wireless charger and you can listen to music and charge at the same time.

I keep trying this but it doesn’t charge my 7 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯