Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Potentially dumb question: Is there a way to use Find My… to find the owner of a pair of AirPods? Found a pair on the ground when I was out today, and want to reunite them with the owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

No, but if you charge them up they likely will pop up back in the owners find my , so I guess whatever local lost and found ?

I figured, I got them charged and synced them to my iPad. Was hoping they’d have a phone number as the name but no such luck.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SlowBloke posted:

Check if your city has a lost items facebook/whatsapp/telegram group and post there about it? You cannot do much otherwise.

I made a couple posts. Apple sent me an email giving me 6 months of Apple Music just for connecting the lost AirPods to my iPad lol. Guess that’s my reward for trying to be nice.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Are the cases Apple tries to sell you when you’re buying a phone through them any good, or should I just get an otterbox?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If I got a used iPhone 11 Pro how many years of iOS/security updates could I get out of that?

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 11, 2022

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

~Coxy posted:

Hard to state definitively but you would probably get another three years from now.

https://iosref.com/ios

Thanks. Now to decide between a new SE or the used pro.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My pro 11 should show up tomorrow. Any utilities to make the switch from android easy-ish?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for the suggestions.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m pretty happy with the battery in my new/used 11 pro max, especially the speed with which it charges.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can someone tell me how to make my phone open twitter links in twitter and not safari?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Skeezy posted:

It "should" do it by default if you're using the official Twitter app. You could use something like Opener maybe if it doesn't work https://apps.apple.com/us/app/opener-open-links-in-apps/id989565871

Using the official app but no luck. Don’t feel like paying for something that works fine on my iPad.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

101 posted:

If you press open in the top right of the web page on the little Twitter app banner, it should use the app going forward

I swear I did this before and it just took me to the app store, but it worked this time. Thanks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Toe Rag posted:

What is the use case for Siri most of the time anyway? I mostly use it to set a timer while I'm walking my dog.

I’ve used it once, to read and answer a text while I was doing dishes.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can someone give me the bullet points for iOS 16 features?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

- Cool new Lock Screen
- Doggos can be cut from photos automatically
- iMessages continue beating Google in features which makes them sad and angry

Cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but not one of the pictures I’ve taken since the update can be used with the Lock Screen depth effect.