Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Preordering iPhones is the dumbest thing ever. Preorder it online and get it like 3-4 weeks late. I've been to 4 iPhone launches with my local AT&T stores and just got there an hour before opening and always got my new iPhone without problems. There's even donuts & coffee :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
.....where else is a dude supposed to put his iPhone?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Somebody sell me on getting a 128GB iPhone 6+ over a 64GB one. As long as I dump my videos and photos on my computer, I think I might be alright? But, I also tend to keep about 20-30GB of music as well?

...damnit, 128GB it probably is..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Whirlwind Jones posted:

It's $100 extra over the life of the phone and will likely hold up at least 50% of that in resale value so you're basically paying 7 cents a day for the peace of mind of enough space.

Yeah, you're right.

Also, I know all preorders for the iPhone 6+ have sold out....but AT&T stores are still gonna have some at launch this Friday, right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I guess it's different in big city's. My city is only 60,000+.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I was worried about the 5.5" size screen being too big for the iPhone 6+. Then, I hadn't realized my roommate's Galaxy Note 2's screen is the same size....

....the 6+ is not too big. Fits in my normal jeans, shorts, in my hand, etc, just fine. If anything, makes me more excited.

However, I definitely wouldn't go any larger.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Waited in line for 2 hours. They ran out of 6 Plus's with 5 people in front of me.

At least I got 2 free donuts.....:(

They had tons of 6's, but I ended up leaving.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody have ideas on when AT&T store will start getting 6+'s back in? Maybe I should have preordered after all..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody in here that upgraded from using an iPhone 5? Curious of your impressions. Most notably, with the jump going to a 6+.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My big draw to the iPhone 6+ is the camera and battery life. Is there really that big of a difference? The camera is the biggest selling point to me. I like the idea of a 5.5" screen, but everybody is so butt hurt about how big it is, it's making me think.

That, and iPhone 6's are way easier to find..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Get a case, benders. :colbert:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Piquai Souban posted:

The battery life is pretty amazing - my 5 would die at the end of a long morning commute on cold days, the 6+ is around 70%.

Can't compare the 6+ to a 6, but it can handle challenging light well. Got this out of the stock camera app with auto-HDR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rohit_saxena/15127870849/

Had my SLR and pro lens, but this was much easier. Not all pictures turn out like that, but I try a lot more with the 6+ camera since seeing that.

Sold. That picture is amazing!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, it's gonna be like December before I can get my hands on a iPhone 6 Plus, yeah?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thinking about going to the AT&T store later and grabbing a new iPhone. I'm not totally buttfucking myself on the AT&T Next plan, right? The idea of being able to upgrade every year is very tempting.

And now that it has been several months with the 6 and 6 Plus's out on the market....6 Plus users still glad they bought the bigger iPhone? I had convinced myself I was going to go with the smaller 6, but the battery life and camera might last second audible me back to the Plus.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Awesomeness. About to go splurge. Any battery case recommendations? I've been using my Lenmar battery case on the iPhone 5 and I love it. Dealt with early mophie cases during the days of my iPhone 3GS and they suck.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, got my iPhone 6+. Definitely big. I'm digging it.

Now, bout those cool case suggestions :D (go for it!)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's been 2 hours since I've got this new iPhone and all of my apps are still stuck on "Waiting" mode. What do I do? Everything else is fine beyond that

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, I have run into one place that it's a bit tricky to be a iPhone 6+ owner....the gym.

What do you 6+ goons do about keeping your iPhone on you in the gym? I guess I need deeper pockets..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gotta have my tuuuunes. I also log MyFitnessPal inbetween sets and use it for reference on what my workout is and how much I need to lift, etc.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Of course, this is on their forearm, but it is a bit comical:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I do still have my iPhone 5 I don't have any particular use for other than a backup. I could always make that my go to. I'm sure my gym has wifi.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any way I can ALWAYS have the Today/Notification screen on the lock screen? I'd rather have useful information on my lockscreen at all times instead of just a picture. I loved LockInfo on my old jail broken phone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My 6+ runs like poo poo on iOS 9.0

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As a 6+ owner, it's been infuriating how lovely iOS 9.0 made my phone act almost as if it was a 5 instead of a 6+.

Now after 9.1, it's back to being fast again. Never updating again

I was starting to actively believe they were crippling my 6+ because the 6S just came out.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm looking at getting a new iPhone case since mine is falling apart. iPhone 6+. I'm thinking of the LifeProof Nuud Case:

http://www.amazon.com/LifeProof-NUUD-iPhone-Waterproof-Version/dp/B00SLHWTN0

I'm worried the reviews suck on Amazon. But, it was generally well received in individual reviews on websites. I love the idea of it being well protected & waterproof without needing the screen to be covered. But, I've heard of poor call quality. Should I buy this case? Any better recommendations or anybody else have experience with it?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
That leather case doesn't protect shittttt

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not waterproof!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My iPhone 6 Plus, I dropped it in water and it destroyed it. So, I went through the Apple Store and replaced it with a new one. I'm on the AT&T Next Plan. I can still trade that phone back in to get the 7 through that program, right? I mean, obviously the serial is different. But everything is fine on it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I was given the wrong release date from a google search. I thought this phone was coming out on Monday. Apparently it came out 2 days ago. That'd be fine except my iPhone I have now AND its backup, I sold on eBay a day ago and I have to ship by Wednesday.

Now I'll have no phone since I'm gunning for the 7 Plus. Wtf

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, since Apple is a bunch of cunts with their self imposed iPhone 7 Plus lack of availability in the year 2016 (wtf), I sold my iPhone 6 Plus on eBay and will be out of a phone for a month from the way shipping dates are looking.

How badly is it looked upon to cancel an eBay transaction before shipping and cancel the auction, refund the buyer's money? I'd rather just wait a couple of months when the 7 Plus is more available and relist my 6 Plus. The part that sucks is that it sold for $405 and I know I won't get that a couple of month's from now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Endless Mike posted:

Ah, yes, it's Apple's fault you sold your phone before having a firm idea of when your new one would arrive.
I've done this 3 times in the past when the new iPhone comes out. This is the first time Apple has not sold a model of their phone in stores on launch.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There is no iPhone 7 Pluses in the state of Arkansas :(

But, hey, there's a 32GB in Nashville.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I have AT&T Next plan. If I'd rather go with Apple's payment plan at the Apple Store, would I still have to pay off the rest I owe on my AT&T Next plan to upgrade? Or would I just basically go in with my first payment ($40) + tax and walk out with a new iPhone?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Bum the Sad posted:

If you're still paying off your last phone you'll have to keep paying it off until its paid off. Though nothing is stopping you from getting a phone from Apple though and transferring your number to it. You can then pawn your old phone from AT&T. You'd be paying for two phones simultaneously though if you didn't pay off your ATT Next phone

Sweet, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks duuuuude!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, I've been monitoring iStocknow like a hawk the past few hours. I had the chance at the general manager holding me a Rose Gold one, but I got hesitant about having a pink phone. Now, I'm totally cool about rocking a manly pink phone that it's gone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I sold my 6+ on eBay for $405.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Rose Gold 128GB 7+ just came in stock near me, so I went ahead and reserved it. Pink, guy, who cares. I'll get a skin for the back maybe. My reservation is at 6PM, I don't have much experience with Apple Stores. Would it be a big deal to show up a hour or so early? I don't see why they'd have to spend THAT much time with me getting this iPhone up and going.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Finally got my phone, took forever.

I wanted Space Gray on the case, but it wasn't in stock. Settled on Navy Blue to go with my manly Rose Gold.

It's kinda sexy, actually :c00lbert:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Lol. iStocknow.com literally went to all green to almost the entire USA being red. Was it advertised they'd have a lot of stock in or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Navy Blue case does almost kind of a weird optical illusion thing with that shade of pink on the Rose Gold that makes it look more gold than pink.