Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

AHH FUGH posted:

I don't understand people who put phones in their pockets. It's just begging to get dust, lint, scratches and abrasions in the phone.

They're neckbeard monsters is what I'm saying.

You're right. Everyone should get armbands and wear your phone on your wrist like Leela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
So, I restored my new phone from a fresh backup of my 5, but it somehow put an old iCloud account that no longer exists on my new phone, and now I can't delete it, or re-restore my phone because that old iCloud account which doesn't exist. This is incredibly frustrating.

Edit - While my phone still thinks it's using the old account name and pw, I got it to obtain the info from my current iCloud account. I can login to iCloud.com with my current account, and see my phone. If I erase from there, it'll allow me to restore again with the correct information, right?

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 28, 2015

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I posted this a few pages back, but I still have no answer and have been entirely unable to find anybody else who has had the issue.

My phone thinks its iCloud account is one that no longer exists. I can't enter a password for it, turn off find my iphone, or anything as the account isn't real. From the iCloud website, I can see my phone using the account information that is active.

If I delete the phone from that iCloud account, will it work properly, or totally gently caress up everything?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Xs with the Xr red would be an instant buy. Without that I may keep my 6s for another year. Why make the cooler looking phones worse?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

tuyop posted:

I don’t like that the only phone available is bigger than my 8, which is already too big.

If I could get current hardware in the 5 shell it'd be truly ideal. I have big hands. Large enough to palm a basketball easily. My 6s still requires me to adjust the phone in my hand to hit the back button. A cell phone should be easily functional with one drat hand. Stop making giant phones.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Despite this new xs being objectively worse than the 6s I came from, which was worse than the 5 I had before that, at least its fast. Like, really fast.

Having a button was better, the smaller size was better, and having flat sides(5) was vastly better. Alas.

Maybe it’ll be improved to near par with a jailbreak to fix the ugly mess the default UI still is. For an aesthetic company like Apple, they sure do have terrible aesthetic taste.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

xzzy posted:

Why do you keep buying iphones if you hate them so much?

Sometimes you need to replace things. Baffling I know.

But at least now I have thirty buttons to make my face a unicorn in text messages. Thanks apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

EpicNemesis posted:

The word you are looking for is subjective.

No. It’s not. Anything larger than a 5 is worse and the further it gets from that form factor the worse it is. Unless you’re a sadist, of course.