Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Awesome loving pick go loving Coogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
That interception

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Neil Armbong posted:

That interception
Pick of the year, easy.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
First of all, gently caress any plan that puts major games next to one another, especially on a night where I am expecting to be social.

Secondly, I thought I followed college football quite a bit but this is the first I've heard of the Peach Bowl and the Cotton Bowl being possible semifinal bowls. Hell yeah Cotton Bowl

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
go for it

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
if houston wins this im getting a coog tsttoo on my rear end inhonor of them keeping the gd mormon fuckshit cuntbags out of the playoffs

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

wheez the roux posted:

if houston wins this im getting a coog tsttoo on my rear end inhonor of them keeping the gd mormon fuckshit cuntbags out of the playoffs

There needs to be a version of :toxx: where instead of toxic waste, it's booze.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

wheez the roux posted:

Goddamn it. I wish I had beer right now.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Democrazy posted:

First of all, gently caress any plan that puts major games next to one another, especially on a night where I am expecting to be social.
The playoff games are on New Years Day. So you'll have a hangover. But I dunno what the gently caress they're thinking with the others.

EDIT: Also the full name of the Rose Bowl this year is the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual. I wish the playoff had a sponsor so it could be the Ro-Tel College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual or something even stupider.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
If a kickoff touched the return man's hands and then bounced out of the endzone, that would be a touchback and not a safety, right?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I have a friend who's peruvian/Pakistani and was offered a full ride to byu. He took it and considered it a golden opportunity to work on his stand up and get material but even graduating summa cum laude, literally every tine a crime was reported in campus with the suspect anyone but an aryan ubermensch he was called in as a suspect. Over 20 times in 3 years

kiss my loving butt hole you mormon shitlicking pricksticking fuckwads

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Taco Bell presents the Ro-Tel College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Toyota Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual in partnership with Boeing

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Oh yeah he forgot his student id once so the bus driver called the cops on him and claimed he was a mexican illegal immigrant :allears:

burn byu to the ground

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Democrazy posted:

If a kickoff touched the return man's hands and then bounced out of the endzone, that would be a touchback and not a safety, right?

He would have to catch it, control it, take it out of the end zone, then deliberately take it back in for it to be a safety.

This has actually happened on occasion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It happened like 5 days ago.

vv--whoever was playing Wisconsin is the one I'm thinking of. It was the opening kickoff.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

He would have to catch it, control it, take it out of the end zone, then deliberately take it back in for it to be a safety.

This has actually happened on occasion.

Who was that guy who took a knee in the endzone after running it out accidentally?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's looking like the Cougs are going to lose, and the Cougs are going to win.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

why are you fucks punting

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Go Houston.

Shouldn't have punted.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Slate Action posted:

It's looking like the Cougs are going to lose, and the Cougs are going to win.

Coogs and cougs. Please check your cat team privilege

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good job offense, you guys are really doing a bang-up job out there.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Declan MacManus posted:

why are you fucks punting
Tony Levine is an idiot.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

civil war era scientology strikes another blow against modernity

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Tony Levine is an idiot.

But isn't he like a special teams coach

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
He's a special ed coach

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Declan MacManus posted:

But isn't he like a special teams coach
Wants to show off our punting unit.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

gj houston this is why you can't have nice things and all your offensive wunderkinds leave

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
"Just shows off his grit and will" and the fact that he's 4-5 years older than the people he's playing against

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Daric posted:

"Just shows off his grit and will" and the fact that he's 4-5 years older than the people he's playing against

He's just like a kid out there who hit a growth spurt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hahaha Taysom Hill is 24 jesus

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Houston you suck

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

i hope they all get incurable ebola on their mission trips and eject their liquified organs out the dick they never used

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Welp.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

wheez the roux posted:

i hope they all get incurable ebola on their mission trips and eject their liquified organs out the dick they never used

"Texas may have lost...but at least I'll wake up in the morning, drink a nice cup of coffee, have premarital sex, and be thankful I'm not a brain washed cult follower."

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Houston you suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYdX9geon6U

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

RIfuckingP.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Alouicious posted:

hahaha Taysom Hill is 24 jesus

This is normal for BYU. What's weird is that this is pretty normal for college hockey as well because of the way junior hockey works in Canada

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hi heaf do you like that new cymbals eat guitars, i like it a lot

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Heaf posted:

This is normal for BYU. What's weird is that this is pretty normal for college hockey as well because of the way junior hockey works in Canada

It's just weird that that's allowed. I get that they're not playing sports so they're not losing their eligibility but it's strange that they should be allowed, as 24-25 year old men to play against guys that are 18-19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Daric posted:

It's just weird that that's allowed. I get that they're not playing sports so they're not losing their eligibility but it's strange that they should be allowed, as 24-25 year old men to play against guys that are 18-19.

there's no age limit. Amobi Okoye played for Louisville when he was 16 (he played on teams with Elvis Dumervil). The hockey thing is more that Canadians (and some Americans) will play more junior hockey after high school graduation because they can't make the Canadian Hockey League. So they start as like 20-year-old freshmen. I get what you're saying but then again the NFL has 21 year old dudes against 28 year old dudes

MourningView posted:

hi heaf do you like that new cymbals eat guitars, i like it a lot

i wasn't really aware of it but I'm sure I'll dig it

• Locked thread