Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I Before E posted:

Our doc is so bloated I have no idea where whatever you're talking about is

I'll put it in a thing with an alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I apologize to everyone, but the ECW finale is going to be rather low effort. I don't really have the chops to write it all up and the rest of the team has moved on to the new thread (which is fine, if you don't got the spark then a half assed writeup is basically the same as no writeup)

ECW Hardcore TV posted:

Copeland calls out Paul Heyman, tells him that he wants to make his job easier tonight, and demands a match with Umaga. Heyman "reluctantly" agrees.

RVD came out looking smug as poo poo to fight someone that was already in the ring. He dispatched of him pretty easily, hitting the five star frog splash for the win after a few minutes.
RVD accepts Lynn's challenge and tells him that he'll show him what getting your hands dirty really means

Al Snow backstage promo about how Umaga will destroy Copeland and then on Saturday Snow will take his title

d'Lo defeats Ricky Banderas
d'Lo talks about how good he is and he'll beat Nelson X. X comes out and just says "actions speak louder than words." and lays out d'Lo

Francine introduces a video package of all of Ultimo Dragon's accomplishments and great matches

BMPT comes out and Meanie hypes up Nova for his match to get revenge on Angle for last week
This went about as well for Nova as it did for Mikey last week, maybe worse, as Angle seemed to be on a mission to show how quickly he could dismantle an opponent. He had Nova tapping to the Ankle Lock just a few minutes into the match.
Angle comes cuts a promo about why he's the best and that Ultimo Dragon is in over his head

Always Sunny comes out for their match, Tammy talks about how they're gonna beat the Dream Team and take the titles
Always Sunny (Candido/Blackman) defeat The Hardyz

Val and Jenna come out to talk smack about Douglas, Douglas comes out to retort. They stare down in the ring

Copeland comes to the ring and tells Snow to pay attention in the back, because he's going to give him a preview of what saturday will be like

Copeland defeats Umaga after a brutal match. Copeland finally knocks him out after a Crescendo onto a chair followed by THREE conchairtos.

Some portions of Living Dangerously are going to be much longer, as some very nice people volunteered to help write it

ECW Living Dangerously posted:

Heyman announces the end of the timeline and thanks all the fans

ECW X-Division Title
D'Lo (c) d Nelson X via pinfall

Always Sunny promo on the way to the ring

ECW Tag Team Titles
Always Sunny (Candido+Blackman) b. Dream Team (c) via pinfall (Candido p Kidman)

Justin Credible comes out and rants about once again being disrespected and being left off the show for a bunch of part timers and nobodies from other companies, Heyman comes out and gives him a title shot...right now!
"A good portion of the crowd immediately realized what that meant, and their cheering was immediately rewarded as out came a returning Masato Tanaka! He raised the chair in his hand in a salute to the crowd as he made his way down to the ring as Justin Credible began to question his life choices.

ECW TV Title
Tanaka got into the ring and Credible immediately went after him, hoping to take control before Tanaka was ready. Unfortunately for Credible, Tanaka shrugged off the attack and hit him with some chops to the chest that echoed throughout the arena. Credible turned away to collect himself, and then turned back right into a chair to the face! Tanaka picked him up for a thunderous Dangan Bomb and pinned him for the one two three."

"""RVD vs Jerry Lynn started out with a bit of technical grappling, with both combatants trying to get the upper hand. Lynn got Van Dam into an armwrench, but Van Dam reversed into an armwrench of his own, transitioning into a hammerlock before rocking Lynn with a short-arm elbow smash. Van Dam kept his grip on Lynn's arm and pulled him to the ropes, before using the ropes to further wrench Lynn's arm. The crowd wasn't happy, but Van Dam didn't care, mocking both them and Lynn: ""Aw, does it hurt? I thought you were extreme! I thought this was ECW! I thought you were hardcore!"" Lynn wasn't going to take this lying down. He pulled himself through the ropes to the outside, propped his leg against the apron, and pulled as hard as he could on Van Dam's arm before wriggling back into the ring, wrenching RVD's arm one more time for good measure, and sending him to the ropes with an Irish Whip.

The next segment of the match was a high-flying showcase. RVD came back on the rebound with a lariat, JL ducked and hit the ropes. JL came back with a leaping knee strike, RVD ducked, hit the ropes, and hit the Rolling Thunder Senton on the downed Lynn. The return of Rolling Thunder to ECW drew a pop from the crowd, but RVD quelled that quick by hooking Lynn's bad arm into a hammerlock and pushing his face into the mat, all the while yelling ""KISS THAT MAT! DON'T YOU LOVE THESE FANS? E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!"" Lynn used his free hand to reverse the pressure, rolling onto his back and putting RVD's shoulders to the mat. RVD kicked out at 2, breaking the hammerlock and rolling out of the ring to grab a table. As JL got back to his feet, RVD finished setting up the table on the outside. Lynn tried to slam RVD's face into it, but Van Dam blocked the attempt, staggered Lynn with an elbow smash, and put him on the table before going to the corner, flipping the bird to the crowd, AND GOING FOR THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH ONLY TO GO STRAIGHT THROUGH THE TABLE INTO THE FLOOR AS LYNN ROLLED OUT OF THE WAY! Lynn still wasn't at his best, and took his sweet time rolling RVD back into the ring before going for the cover.

1...2...2.9, RVD kicked out and immediately rolled right back outside the ring before grabbing the one unfilled chair in the front row, which was custom painted with a yin-yangs and dragons motif surrounding the block white letters RESERVED FOR ROB VAN DAM. RVD was still wearied from the failed Frog Splash, but wheezed out yet another bit of mockery as he mugged for the camera: ""WCW paid for this chair!"" As Jerry Lynn stretched and massaged his still-aching arm, RVD caught his breath on the outside, waving the chair like a lion tamer towards Lynn. Eventually, Lynn got tired of waiting and ran for RVD, tricking him with a feint baseball slide before springboarding over the ropes and driving RVD into the barricade with a crossbody! RVD still had a grasp on his custom chair, though, and used it to push Lynn away before rolling back into the ring. Lynn was cocky as he rolled back into the ring, though, and made a fool of RVD with a series of feint kicks to the crowd's delight before knocking the chair right into Van Dam's face with a bicycle kick! RVD dropped the chair and clutched his face, and JL took the opportunity to go for the cradle piledriver, but his arm just couldn't hold, and RVD used the opportunity to reverse into A NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB RIGHT ONTO THE CUSTOM CHAIR! Joey Styles almost leapt out of his chair as he bellowed ""TAKING INSPIRATION FROM THE GREAT AKIRA HOKUTO WITH THAT NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB!"" RVD didn't waste any time getting to the corner, vigorously flipping off the crowd as he chanted ""R! V! D!"", and soaring into the air with the Five Star Frog Splash right onto Jerry Lynn. 1...2...3, Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn."""

Jenna/Val promo

Douglas d Val

Al Snow Promo on Copeland

Hype package for Angle/Dragon

Angle b. Ultimo Dragon via ankle lock

Copeland Promo on Snow

ECW Championship
Copeland v Snow
*insert hard fought match here*
Copeland had Snow sitting on the top rope, pounding away at him! He grabbed his head, going for a Super Crescendo through the table! But no, Snow comes back to life....AND HITS COPELAND RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE WITH HEAD! Copeland is dazed, and Snow grabs a hold of him as he stands up...OH MY GOD! HE SNOW PLOWED HIM THROUGH A TABLE FROM THE SECOND ROPE! ONE, TWO, THREE! AL SNOW IS THE ECW CHAMPION!

:rip: ECduB

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angle/Dragon and Snow/Copeland both got a B, the former is insane if you think about the factors leading into it. I think it may have gotten up to A- if we hadn't lost the feud heat due to the game dying and everything getting reset. The B show rating was a nice thing to close out on as it was the highest overall rating we got for any show in the thread.

Our highest single segment in the thread was the promo Angle cut at the PPV in Charlotte, which got an A-

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well done, ECW. I will miss you.

I guess we're all going to end on high notes!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh, one last note. On day one, when we were trying to come up with characters for people, this was said about Al Snow

quote:

What if we made him Bray Wyatt but he actually wins?

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm the one who did that RVD match by the way, glad you guys liked it.

• Locked thread