Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Take over my game and run a brand split post-Mania! ECW can be ROH.

I will seriously wrap up Wrestlemania at some point, and now that I'm no longer running a weekly live game in another system I should have more time to devote to these things. But I could never gel with this time period, what with never having been a fan during it.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I was so into this early on. Somewhere along the way I just sorta drifted off. Also I'm crap at writing matches. I kind of just had fun coming up with goofy gimmicks for people. I'm sad I never got to do Barry Horowitz, Wily Midcard Heel.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
As long as there are interested players, I'm willing to run this until the end of the Monday Night Wars. If there ain't interested players, no hard feelings (although remaking the mod sucked and you should have said this earlier). But I have come to love GMing this game, so I would love the chance to do a new one.

Actually, around a year ago I tossed around the idea of a "Save the Brand Split/Summer of Punk" LP. This was before the new 2016 brand split even happened. The goal here being to give new life to the brand split that was dying in 2011. It'd start right after Money in the Bank, with the stipulation having been that if John Cena lost to CM Punk, he wouldn't have been fired from WWE, just fired from Raw.

So the show goes on, one team booking Raw with Punk as the top guy (whenever you decide to bring him back), and one team booking Smackdown with Cena.

Also up for 2002 original Brand Split, starting right after WrestleMania X8. Or whatever else you wanna do.

With any Smackdown vs. Raw game, you'd be running joint PPVs, each booking their own segments, and the feuds with the most heat going in will get the highest billing on the show.

Let's take it to a vote.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 28, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'd like to continue through the Wrestlemania at the least, more so since Happy went to the effort of rebuilding the save from scratch.

If we started a new thread/game, TNA circa 2004.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I like all those ideas, including keeping on with this game.

I think if the goal is to attract new players to a fresh game, the best bet is the 2011 idea. Not only is that a big historical flashpoint that everyone will instantly recognize just like the Monday Night War, its also at a perfect time for players to start prepping and introducing the big names of the current product like Owens, Rollins, Ambrose and Cesaro in ways different to what WWE did and to alter the trajectories of a few other sad sacks from that period like Miz, Kofi, Morrison, McIntyre, and so on.

Alternatively, starting from when the current Brand Split started so players can do alt takes on the current product is another possibility. That's always an attention winner.

I also personally have very fond memories of the 02-06 era, and its particularly prescient now with Goldberg and Brock taking center stage for Survivor Series. But I'm not sure a lot of people would be able to easily adapt to the eccentricities of the period in terms of who is on the roster (WWE NWO? Planet Stasiak? Maven?) The less recognizable the pieces are, the less eager people probably will be to sign up I would think.

Oh, and question: Would a new game be in TEW 2013 still? Or in the new engine? 2016 has a lot of interesting toys in it as I recall.

EDIT: Oh, and absolutely we should play the last few weeks of this game to get to Mania 14 regardless, and then you should publicly release the save/mod rewrite you did over in the games thread. That way at least all your hard work wasn't in vain and people can try out the universe we wrought on their own.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 28, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh yeah, I have no intention of letting this game die before Wrestlemania. If we do end this timeline, though, I will share the big reveal we had been planning for the greatest moment in the history of this sport. The best thing Junpei and I have ever done.

It was just bad luck, imo, that the save died right after the 5 month week that WCW enforced on us.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

I'll pick up '16. And yes, I'd like to run the show until the PPVs no matter what we do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If we do the 2011 split can I run TNA

e: Or FCW/NXT

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 28, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Happyman posted:

I'll pick up '16. And yes, I'd like to run the show until the PPVs no matter what we do.

Check your PMs.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

If we do the 2011 split can I run TNA

e: Or FCW/NXT

TNA Heavyweight Champion Crimson.

FCW Champion Mason Ryan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TNA would just be Styles/Joe/Steiner trading the belt back and forth forever

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm just saying if we're on the team again what makes you think the belt is ever coming off Steiner?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd probably join TNA to join the "keep the belt on Steiner forever" faction.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm still thinking NJPW/NXT/LU would be fun. Start them January this year, no NJPW has to deal with 2 big time stars having just left.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Remember when Paul Heyman was going to run TNA?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

I'd probably join TNA to join the "keep the belt on Steiner forever" faction.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

I'll accept a 3rd team with the same rules as ECW (smaller team, shorter show). You'll have to choose between NXT and TNA though. Choose wisely.

EDIT: Or ROH or whatever.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 28, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happyman posted:

I'll accept a 3rd team with the same rules as ECW (smaller team, shorter show). You'll have to choose between NXT and TNA though. Choose wisely.

I cant write long things as English is not my first language but im up for whatever!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happyman posted:

I'd rather wait and see where things go first but my first inkling was TNA since NXT proper didn't exist until late 2012 I believe.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm in as the smaller team under TNA.

Maybe the smaller team would improve my morale. Worst case, it shouldn't be hard to replace me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm also down for TNA, me and Sen are a package deal.

(Because I cant come up with anything good if he doesnt filter me)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Team ECW must be Team TNA.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Team ECW must be Team TNA.

Consider this:

Team ECW + Team Shotgun

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Make it the combined ECW/Shotgun booking teams. TNA did hire Vince Russo all the time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

YES.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like ECW and Shotgun worked so well because they were smaller teams and combining them won't have the amazing effect everyone wants them to have.

Not that I don't love alls y'alls ofc

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm just saying that it's the most TNA thing ever to do to hire Vince Russo to join a well-oiled machine, and the two of us are basically Vince Russo.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm still thinking NJPW/NXT/LU would be fun. Start them January this year, no NJPW has to deal with 2 big time stars having just left.

I've been a lurker in the thread for the past year or so, I'd be up for joining LU if this came about. Maybe add an ROH team in there put the belt on Beer City Bruiser

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 28, 2016

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have terrible booking ideas and i can barely make a sentence readable so id be pretty perfect for a tna team

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm gonna pass up on the new thread. With TNA being this popular, the team shouldn't be hard to make. I'll be an avid reader, though!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Team ECW will be team RAW :black101:

e: I find it funny that even though they have objectively the best roster nobody wants SD

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 28, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Realistically I'll be on whatever team needs people the most, my dumb as gently caress ideas will work in any company.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm only really familiar with WWE rosters from 2011, plus I'm pretty sure we had a TNA TEW thread months and months ago that never got past 5 pages. I'm pretty sure they did use my "Kurt Angle, Eater of Souls" idea before the end, though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm excited to see the pseudo-bidding war that will take place for Claudio Castagnoli in the 2011 thread.

More specifically, I'm excited to see how high the other two teams will push whichever team IBE is on to bid.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

I'm excited to see the pseudo-bidding war that will take place for Claudio Castagnoli in the 2011 thread.

More specifically, I'm excited to see how high the other two teams will push whichever team IBE is on to bid.

I will never give up on Claudio.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Dealt with

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 3, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HRTFoundation posted:

Tonight Raw came to Calgary, and I was there live! My notes are a little scattered, sorry.

The Show begins with a shattering of glass as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin makes his way to ringside. After goading the fans with by showing off the World Title (as is his wont), he picks up the stick. "Well wasn't that a hell of a bombshell last week. With the stroke of a pen, HHH made drat sure The Power ain't EVER losing control of this company. So you better get used to Raw is Power because it'll be there for you and your kids and their kids to see and that's the bottom line." Austin stalks around the ring waiting for the crowd to die down. "And what's even better is that I ain't gotta play nicey nice anymore. I can put this here gimmick on the line whenever I want, however I want, against whomever I drat well please. Cuz even if somehow this belt slips from my grasp guess what?! We still control this sumbitch and I'll just take the drat belt back for the rematch. So for now I'm gonna do my thing and ask any of the sumbitches backstage if they want a piece of this (Austin points at the belt). That's right. Santa Steve is handing out title shots again, first come, first served! C'mon down and get famous!" To the surprise of many Shane McMahon answers the challenge, much to Austin's delight. "Oh you gotta be kidding me son. When I said anybody backstage, I should have specified that I meant wrestlers, not that poo poo fruit of the garbage tree that is the McMahon family! What's next? Does anybody in catering want a shot at this belt, because to be honest I ain't picky. I'll whup the hell out of a caterer then help myself to whatever I drat well feel like at the craft services table." Shane then finally picked up the mic. "You know. Maybe you're right. I'm not a wrestler. I've wrestled a few matches but really, compared to you or anybody else on this roster I'm certainly not a wrestler in a classic sense. But you know what? That doesn't matter. Come Wrestlemania, I'm gonna take out my old man. And tonight, the way I see it; I got nothing to lose and a lot to gain and I'll tell you what. I might not be a "wrestler" but I bet I can still give you way more of a run for your money that anybody in craft services. So how 'bout it Steve? You wanna do this?" Austin looks amused. "Alright Shane. I didn't really want a night off but what the hell, I get paid either way so YOU GOT A MATCH TONIGHT! "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN AGAINST SHANE MCMAHON! Now go backstage and say goodbye to your teeth!"

Jericho, Taz, and Rocky vs IRS and the CPA, Rocky pins IRS with the Uranage. This was a bog-standard match with the spots you'd expect from the Trailblazers and Camp Cornette, at least as much as you can say CPA have spots, am I right?

After the match, Goldust came down to the ring to join his fellow Trailblazers, carrying four mics. Goldust is the first to speak.
"Next Sunday, the four of us are going to be fighting wars. When I get my hands on Kazuya Okada, I am going to finally be a free man!"
Taz smiles, "He's not gonna know what hit him! And once he's taken down, I'm going to go up against The Man, The Myth, The Mastadon, Vader. He made a terrible mistake when he came after me. Two men will enter, and one will leave, and then the other will leave... if I let him."
"These two grudge matches are going to be the most violent, vicious, ruthless matches that anyone watching will ever see, and then The Rock and Chris Jericho will come and beat down the Jabroni Trip,"
"And the WWF, will never, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever, be the same! Agayn!"
Goldust caps off the promo with one last statement
"And then the trailblazers will be good..." he sucked in air sharply, "as goooooooooold."

Okada squashed a jobber with the Rainmaker. In one protracted spot, he held him in the Red Ink submission while screaming in Japanese, with the only words I could make out being RAINMAKER and GOLDUST.

Liger answers Titan's open challenge, Titan accepts on one condition, if Liger can beat a wrestler of his choice tonight, he gets his match. Liger and Owen confer and accept, and Titan reveals his mystery wrestler: SHAWN MICHAELS! This was one of the bigger pops of the night, as even in Calgary, Shawn Michaels is over as hell.

A graphic shows a trophy, with Hunter narrating an announcement that next week, we will see the Vincent J McMahon award for Excellence in Excellence.

Shamrock vs Road Dogg Dudley was a slaughter, with Shamrock never letting Road Dogg get even a strike in, consistently grinding him down with holds and hard elbows. HHH and Joanna showed up on the ramp to make fun of him, but Shamrock never lost his focus, keeping the pressure on until he finally got Road Dogg Dudley to tap to the Ankle Lock.

Shamrock kept the Ankle Lock on after the bell, staring right at Joanna and HHH as he broke Road Dogg's ankle. HHH and Joanna were startled and Jimmy Hart was unnerved by Shamrock's intensity, still keeping a smile on his face as he led the stone-faced Shamrock backstage.

Backstage, Owen hyped up Shane and Liger, giving them a pep talk for their matches tonight. "This could be one of the biggest nights in Hart Foundation history, when Bret Hart's protege took home the WWF title and Jushin By God Thunder Liger beat the Heartbreak Kid!"

Mark Henry squashed a jobber with the World's Strongest Slam. Mets Fan was at ringside, but didn't seem to have his eyes on the match, instead working out some sort of problem with a calculator and notepad.

Henry and the DOA celebrate, the lights go out, and when they come back up, Taker and Henry are standing face to face and the rest of the DOA are all laid out. Taker draws his thumb across his throat, and before Henry can do anything, the lights go back out again, and when they come back up, Taker is gone. Henry looks around in fear to end the segment.

Commercial: The Death of WCW Audiobook, read by Paul Wight, written by Dave Meltzer. Covering topics from the Flawless Diamonds to the the forever week, where a week in February lasted 5 months, killing all interest in WCW and pro wrestling as a whole. This one might not have made the broadcast, I can't be sure. Don't know what Flawless Diamonds have to do with Skunkrocker and Sanguinia, though, I thought Kaientai were the Diamonds.

WWF Title, Austin vs Shane. This match, to put it politely, wasn't exactly a match at all, rather a prolonged beatdown. Austin kept toying with SHane, making it clear he wasn't taking this challenge particularly seriously, not even bothering to go for pins. Shane got his hits in here and there, but Austin, being the significantly more experienced by a mile, was always able to maintain control. Shane did manage to hit Austin with an Enzugiri, and followed that up with a pretty decent top rope elbow drop for a two count, however. In the end though, all this did was make Austin mad, as he unleashed punch after punch on Shane in a furious rage before finally deciding to end the match with a stunner for the pin.

Main eventers and midcarders extol the values of literacy. Paul Bearer and Kane are standing in front of a black bookcase.
"Ohhhhhhh, Kane, we love reading, yes we do. Childrens books such as It, The Shining, and Christine, and scary stories such as The Princess Bride, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and," his voice dropped to a whisper as he said "Bambi" Kane shivered visibly at that name. "It's okay, Kane, stay strong."

Backstage, Taker critiques Shane's match, running through his strengths and weaknesses, and ending with the "Make Shane McMahon Great Again" slogan

Vince McMahon accompanied Shawn to the ring for the main event, wearing a hat that says SHANE WAS NEVER GREAT. Vince cut a promo deriding Shane as a failson. He was a failure as a child, he's a failure now, and he'll always be a failure! "Sadly, my son can't come out to defend himself, as he's probably backstage licking his wounds after losing what may well be his only shot at a WWF Title opportunity! He may as well have stayed in the McMahon family basement all his life, playing video games, masturbating into his socks, and smoking marijuana just like ALLLLLLL the involuntarily celibate FAILSONS that pollute the inhospitable tundra up here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada!" With that, Shawn and Vince spat on the mat in unison.

Shane came out, obviously the worse for wear. He talked about how he took on Stone Cold Steve Austin and gave it his all! He fought fair and square, he didn't need anyone to back him up, unlike Vince, who doesn't have the GRAPEFRUITS to go to the bathroom without his 7 foot tall Wrestling Buddy at his side!

Vince smirked. "What are you gonna do, Shane? Fight me? Look at you, you can barely stand!"

"No, Dad. I can wait 13 days for that. But you know who can't wait 13 days to get his hands on you after what you just said about ALL THESE FANS RIGHT HERE IN CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA?"

The Final Countdown hit, and Owen Hart made his way to the ring, spitting mad. He took the mic, and began to speak, but before he could, Steve Austin stepped out onto the ramp, title slung over his shoulder.

"WELL, NOW, WE GOT OURSELVES AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT OVER HERE! Now, regularly, I wouldn't give a good goddamn what y'all did down there, long as ya didn't try to touch this here gimmick perched on my shoulder. But as much as I hate the Harts, and all their dumbass little buddies," Austin rolled his eyes, ""right here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada," there's one sumbitch I hate just a little bit more, and he's standing right there in that ring. Vincent Kennedy McMahon, get yerself good and ready, BECAUSE THIS RIGHT HERE JUST BECAME A TAG TEAM MATCH!" Austin flipped double birds at everyone in the ring before strutting off, cackling all the way. This also got a pretty big pop. Big surprise, Canadians love Owen.

Owen and Liger v. Shawn and Vince: Owen and Vince started out, Owen worked over Vince with high flying offense. Vince tried to tag in Shawn, but he refused to take the tag while Owen was in the ring. Owen tagged in Liger, who worked over Vince with high flying offense before Vince got the hot tag to Shawn after ducking under a rana attempt. Shawn worked over Liger, constantly teasing high-flying moves but going for generic power moves instead. Liger got a nearfall off a Frankensteiner, Shawn got mad and came back at him with high flying moves, getting a nearfall off the Falcon Arrow. Liger rolled out of the way of the Elbow Drop and tagged in Owen, but Shawn stalled on the outside, refusing to face him. Shawn was almost counted out, but kept re-entering the ring, breaking the count.
Owen finally broke the pattern when he startled Shawn with a feint dive, slid out of the ring, and tossed him back in. The resulting Owen/Shawn sequence ended with Shawn calmly stepping out of range on a missile dropkick and tagging in Vince before stepping off the apron. He picked a dog-eared copy of the Fountainhead up from the timekeeper's area and read through it as Owen and Liger worked over Vince, finishing him off with an SSP from Liger for 3.

After the match, Titan is livid.

"THAT DIDN'T COUNT! THAT DID NOT COUNT!"

He goes to ringside, and starts yelling at Shawn.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"

Shawn closes his book. "I was booked for a match against Liger. A singles match. I wasn't booked for a match against Owen, and I'm not gonna wrestle a match against Owen until Wrestlemania. If you're gonna take it up with anyone, take it up with Steve."

Shawn returned to his book. Titan was miffed, but understood he wasn't going to get anywhere talking to a brick wall. He turned to Owen.

"Still, the point remains. Liger didn't beat Shawn. He beat Vince. Ergo, you still haven't found me an opponent. You know what, if a suitable opponent doesn't march his rear end down here in the next five minutes, I'll-"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0tCe2NGlg

MICK FOLEY RETURNED, LOOKING SPRIGHTLY AFTER A THREE MONTH HIATUS!

"HEY TITAN! EVER SINCE I LEFT I'VE BEEN HEARIN' JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU! YOU'VE BEEN RUNNING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT WANTING A FIGHT, AND I'M JUST THE GUY TO GIVE IT TO YA! YOU AND ME! WRESTLEMANIA! IN A HARDCORE! FALLS! COUNT! ANYWHERE MATCH! THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, TITAN?"

Titan grinned. "Yeah. Just about." He stared down with Foley, a hardcore David vs a sardonic Goliath with the Wrestlemania 14 banner behind them, to end the show.

Overall, this show was a solid B. WWF has put on better shows up here on Canada, but they've also put on worse. Despite the pretty hot returns of Foley and Michaels, Shamrock and Henry killed the crowd midway through, dragging down the show.

Shotgun posted:

Shotgun opens up on Immortal in Vic's office, standing in front of a Refrigerator Box painted with the word "Time Machine" in bright purple lettering on it. Vic looks serious, and starts talking.
"Listen guys, we gotta enter dat dere Time Machine--"
"Refrigerator Box" Fleihr interrupts. Vic glares at him.
"No, David, it's a Time Machine, and go back in time and prevent dat audiobook from bein' released, thus saving WCW"
"Why do we want to save WCW, neighbor?" Scotty asks.
"If WCW is gone, who are we going to feud with?!?" Vic says. The entirety of Immortal nods.
"Oh, indeed."
A bright light shines into the camera, when it goes out, we see Immortal, looking worse for wear. Vic, panting, starts to speak.
"I can't believe dat guy can fight so well! At least we've stopped dat book from being released, and saved WCW"
"WHOOOOA! I don't think we're going to have another five star match for our Pay-Per-Views again, though." Fleihr looks the least beat up, but still incredibly concerned. Vic waves off his concern.
"We'll just book a show in dat Tokyo Dome. Instant five star match! So, what did we learn, team?"
Stevie, Scotty, and David look into the camera, and repeat in unison:
"ECW did nothing wrong."

Daniels defeats a jobber

Godfather and Taylor take Mean Gene shopping, and do that montage thing where he tries on a bunch of outfits.

Tajiri vs Maverick, Tajiri wins

Cole is harrassed by Bradshaw again

Bradshaw and Daniels d. Dave Taylor and Godfather, Daniels pins Godfather. That's not a typo, Daniels had 2 matches on this show for some reason?

HHH is walking around backstage, looking through a bunch of paperwork. Vic Venom keeps trying to talk to him, and HHH just keeps brushing him off. Eventually, HHH yells at him to go the hell away. Vic seems personally offended.

"Bro! Bro! I'm just tryna help, bro. Youse a busy guy, I'm guy dat knows how ta get busy, I was thinkin' I could help youse out!"

"I... you know what, ok. You can help me out. Here are some contracts, put together a Pan-Am match for Mania. Shawn was supposed to do that, but when we kicked him out we forgot to take him off the chore wheel. You think you can get that done?"

"Sure, sure, just, uh... you got any other matches?"

"...what do you mean?"

"Iunno, like the tag title match."

"Tag... DAMMIT! JERICHO! ARRGH! Okay, yeah, I do have a tag title match to get to so get out of my way."

"BRO! I CAN TAKE CARE A DAT TOO! MAKE IT A REAL VIC VENOM ORIGINAL, REAL NICE! YA WON'T REGRET IT, BRO!"

"Fine. Fine, just get out of my sight."

Hunter stalked away while Vic started vigorously nodding his head, lost in thought.

Liger defeats a jobber.

Dok and The Stooges bump into each other while doing paperwork, and they both pretend they're not doing anything. After Dok leaves, The Stooges talk with Shane, and say they've almost finished their "special mission".

Okada defeats a jobber. This jobber squash had a lot less heat than the one on Raw, I guess because literally nobody else on Shotgun was over and the crowd was dead.

Money Inc cut a pretape, and it was the best thing on the show by a mile.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
For the first time in a long time, I can say

WELCOME TO

MOOOOOOONDAY

NIIIIIIIIGHT

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

finalcountdown095 posted:

Nitro's back! And just in time for SPRING BREAK! WOOO!

After the themesong (and no recap bit this week) the show opens at the Announcer's Desk, where Tony, Mike and Jesse in their Hawaiian shirts run down the card of the Spring Breakout special! Tonight we'll see WCW Owner Ted Turner, who has some special announcements! We'll see the tag team championship's on the line again as Nagata and Power Warrior take on Revolution! In the main event, WCW Champion Chris Benoit will take on Bill Goldberg AND TV Champion Scott Hall, whether or not he can find a partner! All that and lots more on a night of beers, babes, and a party that just won't stop, SPRING BREAKOUT!

Booker T and Christian Cage vs The New Blue Bloods! A fast-paced bout where Christian really plays to the crowd, even taking some time to chat up the ladies at ringside. Commentary speculates that Christian might be intentionally showing off as a message to Arn Anderson, and Alex Wright is eager to punish him for it, laying in some major hits. For a long time Christian refuses to tag in Booker, possibly desperate to prove he can overcome the former Cruiserweight Champion and his partner alone, but in the end he has no choice but to deliver a desperate Hot Tag. Booker runs wild, shows a spectacular Spring Break Spinaroonie, and delivers the Book End to get the pinfall on Alex Wright.

After the match, Arn Anderson comes out and cuts a promo. He insults Booker for stealing the spotlight with that flashing ending, just like Flair always did, letting the other man get battered so he could be the big hero. He also insults Christian for needing someone to back him up. "You needed Booker to win that tag match because you're not good enough kid! That's why you're letting him be in your corner at Uncensored! You not in Double A's league, so you BEGGED another loser to help you win what you could never win on your own!"

Christian gets hot under the collar and shoots off several insults, but Booker calms him down and takes the mic. "I'm gonna be there because YOU are a dirty, cheatin' bastard, and I ain't gonna let you take somethin' that you didn't earn! But Christian don't need anybody to beat yo' punk rear end! Christian can beat you any time, anywhere, in ANY match!"

Arn proposes that if that's the case, they should up the stakes a little bit. "Lets make our title match a bout where you can prove just how tough and deserving you are Christian. Lets make it a match where we can see once and for all if you're a Champion... or just a worthless dog! Lets make it... A DOG COLLAR MATCH!" Christian is very wary of this challenge and tries to avoid answering, but Booker's prodding gets him to reluctantly accept! The stipulation is on!

WCW Women's Title Tournament! Madusa vs Chaparita Asari! The women circle at the bell, and commentary notes how both have proven their mettle in WCW by taking on male competitors. Finally, Medusa tests the water with a few prodding strikes, but Asari counters a boot with a single-leg takedown and takes it to the mat. They trade holds and Asari seems to have the edge until Madusa transitions into a rear naked choke! Asari manages to get the rope break, and Medusa raises her arms to the fans as she recovers... and then rolls out to ringside with an unhappy look on her face

“Looks like a fan has caught her eye” Tony quips. “That's not a fan!” exclaims Jesse “That's Aja Kong! Whats she doing out there?” The staredown is brief and interrupted by Asari delivering a huge senton from the top rope to the floor! She quickly rolls Madusa back in and covers, looking for an upset! 1! 2! KICK OUT! Asari pounds the mat in anger and goes up the turnbuckle again, looking for a crossbody! BUT MADUSA CATCHES HER IN MID-AIR! Twisted Sister Airplane Spin goes right into the Black Wing suplex! 1! 2! 3! Madusa gets the pinfall! She shouts a challenge to the deadly Aja Kong, but the big bruiser simply applauds. Commentary notes that if Aja Kong is here for the Women's Tournament, things just got a lot more dangerous.

Dusty Rhodes stands in the ring, and introduces WCW's newest signee... Mike Awesome! A truly epic song hits the PA system as a mulleted man rippling with muscle makes his way down the entrance ramp. He has an all-business look on his face as he takes his place next to the American Dream. "Now, Mr. Awesome, you're well known among the more underground elements of dis business. You're an expert at hardcore wrestling, martial arts, and all variety of weapons matches, no matter how extreme. So, everybody has to know daddeh, what are your plans here, on the big stage of WCW?" Before he can answer, Mike Awesome is interrupted... by the theme of the United States Champion, Jeff Jarrett!

Jarrett's not alone, though, as he corrals a very large collection of bikini-clad ladies toward the ring. Some of them seem a little awkward, and toss worried looks toward the TV cameras. "Now listen up, slapnuts! Nobody gives a drat about some meathead from nowhere that matters! They don't give a drat how much barb wire he's rolled around in! You know what the people want to see? They want to see what the UNITED STATES CHAMPEEN tells them they want to see! And I say they want to see... a bikini contest! Now, I spent all day out on the beaches of Flo-reeda, telling these fine young strumpets that if they showed up and made Double J real happy, there was some good money in it for them. Now, granted, I didn't tell them it was gonna be on TV, but they still better shake their drat money-makers for The Champ, or they're gonna have some SERIOUS problems. You hear me ladies?"

The women seem confused and scared, and none of them start posing, so Jarrett gets in one of their faces: "Dammit, girl, you better start making with the sexy poses! I'm THE GLOBAL FORCE, you understand me? I get what I want, and I want-" Suddenly, Awesome delivers a big right hook to the champ! The girls scatter as Jarret fights back with a lariat, but Awesome catches the arm! He put three uppercuts right into Jarret's gut, and then hoists him up for a corner-to-corner release powerbomb! Its the legendary Awesome Bomb, and it leaves Jarret laying! The ladies send up a cheer for their rescue, and Mike suddenly finds a lot of scantily clad bodies pressed up against his. Awesome flips his mullet back and cracks the first smile we've seen on him, before nodding toward the back curtain. All 10+ women Jarret had dragged to the ring follow him as his music hits. A somewhat dumbstruck Dusty says, matter-of-factly "Mike Awesome, ladies and gentlemen!"

Lance Storm vs Bam Bam Bigelow! Lance starts hot with a series of arm drags, stunning the much-larger Bam Bam and forcing him outside to collect himself. Lance isn't about to let him rest, and slingshots over the top rope to deliver a big elbow drop. Lance rolls back in and basks in the crowds cheers, taunting the Beast From The East. Bam Bam charges furiously back into the fray, and when Lance tries to strike he counters with a mighty sambo suplex! Lance is left writhing and Bigelow hits the ropes and add a big senton! 1! 2! KICK OUT!

Bam Bam berates the ref then gives Lance a big Snake Eyes into the turnbuckle. Lance tries to hold himself up with the ropes, but his opponent just jams his boots right into his gut to force him down. The young Thrillseeker seems helpless as Bigelow builds up a head of steam, looking to end the match with a big crash... but Storm ducks out of the way at the last second! Bam Bam is stunned, and Lance quickly climbs the turnbuckle to hit a Tornado DDT! He forgoes the cover, and when the big man rises he delivers the big Irish Whip and delivers the Canadian Maple Leaf on the rebound! Bigelow fights for the rope, but Lance sits DEEEEEP into the submission, and the big man is forced to tap out! Lance wins!

Backstage, two bikini girls leave the locker room looking a bit... disheveled. Chris Benoit walks past them, giving the way they’re giggling and holding each other up a sidelong glance, and enters to find Mike Awesome downing a water bottle.

The champ lays out tonight's MAIN EVENT, where he will take on Goldberg and Scott Hall. "Its a risky match. Hall has no conscience and will do anything to win. Goldberg is a uncontrollable beast. And they both have every reason to see me injured before tonight is over. But I heard a lot about Mike Awesome. Risk isn't something you're afraid of. Neither is getting your hands dirty. So here it is: I need a partner for the match. If you're not... you know, too 'spent,' to get the job done." Awesome answers that wrestling with the WCW Champion would be an honor, and accepts the offer.

Hulk Hogan (w/ Ric Flair) vs Lex Luger (w/ Chris Kanyon). Lex and Hulk look across the ring at each other, and commentary sells their history going back to the very first Monday Nitro. The bell rings and they walk to the center of the ring and lock up. The two mountainous men try to out-leverage each other, and the tide seems to turn against Lex so he resorts to stomping on Hulk's foot and breaking the hold. Lex hits a forearm shot to Hogan's stomach doubling him over, and gloats as he keeps the pressure on with strikes and slams, cutting off Hulk's attempts to recover with eye rakes.

A series of quick covers culminates in a massive running power-slam, 1! 2! KICK OUT! Lex starts to lose it at Hulk's resilience despite the one-sided nature of the offense, and shouts “Stay down old man,” among other insults. The Total Package sets up the Luger Bullet forearm... but Hulk ducks and unload the Axe Bomber out of nowhere! Hogan hulks up and adds the Andre body slam, signaling for the leg drop! Tenay goes nuts, screaming that the Hulkster is gonna win this match in three moves despite the beating! Hogan hits the ropes... but Wraith appears from nowhere low bridges him to the outside! Wrath starts to beating Hogan without any subterfuge, and the ref calls for the bell! Hogan wins by DQ!

After the match, Luger, Kanyon and Flair all interject themselves into the brawl... but it lasts only a few moments before The Great Muta's music hits. The action in the ring freezes and the other heels fall back as The Luminous Force approaches the ring. Flair and Hogan stand their ground despite Hogan nursing a wound, and the Nature Boy grabs a microphone. "Oh yeah, come on down you son-of-a-bitch! I'm not waiting until Uncensored! I'm going to rip you a new one RIGHT NOW!" Hogan tries to calm him down, but Flair lets Muta climb in and goes nose-to-nose with the monster.

Hogan backs his buddy up... only for Luger to attack from behind, pulling Hogan out of the ring! Wrath, Luger and Kanyon execute a 3-on-1 beatdown as Muta and Flair tee off! Hogan is overwhelmed and once he's down for the count all four men converge on The Nature Boy! Flair falls, Hogan is pulled into the ring, and both men are subjected to multiple finishers. Once they are completely broken, Muta stands over their bodies... and lets out a cloud of Black Mist into the air! Ventura says the message is clear: if he wished, Muta could have ended both men's careers.

WCW Owner Ted Turner comes to the ring, which has a red carpet and podium waiting for him. "First of all, I'd like to thank all of the kids for coming out to tonight's show - you're the lifeblood of professional wrestling. How are y'all doin' tonight? We're having fun, and there's more fun coming up! In just 13 days, World Championship Wrestling presents Uncensored, live from Houston, Texas. As part of that event, I'm proud to announce a special musical guest: Texas' own Reverend Horton Heat, who's hit song Psychobilly Freakout will be the event's official theme!""

Turner continues "I'm also here to give you all the big scoop on next month's event, since I'm so excited! This April, for our Spring Stamepede pay per view, WCW will again go south of the border, where the event will be hosted in Monterrey, Mexico! Moreover, in the finest tradition of WCW partnering with other combat sports companies to bring revolutionary action to American audiences, we're partnering with Mexico's hottest wrestling company, Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, to co-promote this event! Spring Stampede will be WCW/AAA: When Worlds Collide II!"

Are You Ready? Mr. Turner is suddenly interrupted by Diamond Dallas Page! Turner puts the podium between them, but Page gestures for calm "Whoa, whoa, Mr. Turner! Calm down, ok? Now, I know Big Kev powerbombed you back in '96. And I know I hit the Diamond Cutter on that lawyer last week... and a lot of other people... but look, I'm here because I have a... a business proposition for you. Alright?" Turner remains wary, but nods. "I got somebody I gotta put down, Mr. Turner. For three weeks now, that scum-sucking bastard Curt Hennig, the man who planned to extort this company away from you, the man who broke my back, has run from me like the coward he is! I warned him if he kept ducking me, there was gonna be consequences. I want YOU to make my consequences happen. I want you, as owner, to make that match, and I want you to give me a stipulation. A stipulation that will make put Uncensored in the headlines of every sports rag from coast to coast. A stipulation appropriate for Houston, Texas. A stipulation that will let me PUT! HENNIG! DOWN!! Ted Turner, I want... A TEXAS! DEATH MATCH!"

Turner's eyes go wide at the suggestion, and he thinks about it for a moment... then finally says "Mr. Page... YOU'VE GOT YOUR MATCH!" DDP goes wild, and fires off Diamond Cutter signs to the crowd like a man possessed. He shakes Ted's hand and goes up all four posts to play to the crowd. Schiavone declares it's gonna be a rough night for Curt Henning at Uncensored as WCW plays host to the legendary Texas Death Match!

Hype Card! Tonight's Main Event is confirmed - WCW Champion Chris Benoit teams up with a debuting Mike Awesome to take on TV Champion Scott Hall and Goldberg, in a FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE match!

We come back from commercial for the traditional Spring Breakout 20-Man Battle Royal! The bulk of the field is already in the ring, and we rejoin the broadcast as King William Regal heads down the ramp. He makes 19, and #20 is none other than Kevin Nash!.

Things start off with a bang as Ron Simmons eliminates Chris Harris with a huge clothesline after just a few seconds and Marcus Bagwell immediately bamboozles El Dandy with a low bridge. From there things settle a bit, as the wrestlers try to find room to work by throwing out wild blows and using the corners to protect themselves. Nash and Meng seem to have the advantage, as they use their size and power to hold their ground. Nash picks off Brutus Briefcase, and then targets Aaron Muhammad. Things turn ugly for Big Sexy moments later when Simmons sees his tag partner in trouble and throws out Lucky Tonzura so he can hurry to his aid.

JxJ go back to back and try to keep each other alive as Kid Rck, Rex Cassidy and the DJ Gorgeous close in on them. Rick Steiner and Rey Misterio form an unlikely pair to try and get Meng out of the match. However, the real spotlight falls on William Regal as Bagwell takes a big risk going up top for the Blockbuster... only to eat a huge uppercut! Bagwell topples to the floor. The King talks smack to his fallen foe, which leaves him vulnerable to a surprise Chart Buster from Disco Inferno! The young cruiser almost can't believe it himself as the former Champion crumples!

Kid Rock finds himself in deep trouble as Rob Van Dam solicits the help of Ice Train to hoist the American Badass over. Kid tangles himself in the ropes, holding on for dear life, and finds unexpected salvation as Rey Misterio dropkick's Meng right into his attackers. Rob is stunned, and Kid takes the chance to toss him over, then alley oops right off Meng's back to deliver an awesome wheel kick to Ice Train's jaw! The big man goes over! Kid roars in triumph!

Winchester manages to force over DJ Gorgeous while Brian holds down Cassidy. The Cowboy fights free of their grapple and hits a devastating Superkick, but walks right into the Famouser! Winchester dumps Rex with ease and checks on his partner... only for Kid Rock to appear from nowhere with a Bulldog and then dropkick him right over the top rope! Winchester makes a third elimination for Kid! He is ecstatic... but Brian James spoils the celebration with a big Pumphandle Slam! He dumps Kid over with a flourish!

Regal continues his unlikely spar with Disco Inferno, but the tempo of the match changes when Kevin Nash explodes out of the beating he's been taking from the Nation! In a flash Muhammad is booted over the ropes, and Simmons eats a chokeslam. Nash stumbles, still hurt from the beating, and Brian James looks to steal another huge elimination... but Nash low-bridges BJ and picks up a second elimination! Meng finally eliminates his old rival Rick Steiner, and rounds on Rey Misterio.

Simmons and Regal team up to settle things with Nash and Disco, and Nash's solution is to pick Disco up and throw him at both men! The maneuver catches Regal totally off guard, and Simmons can only utter a shocked drat! before he eats Big Kev's boot and goes over the ropes! Regal decides he is officially out of patience, and The King dispatches Disco with a harsh Knee Trembler and dumps him out, leaving us with the final four.

Nash and Meng square off as Regal falls on a wounded Misterio who is down in a corner. The two big men trade big shots, and Nash counters an attempted belly-to-belly from Meng with hard shoulders to the head. Meng goes for the jaw, looking for the Tongan Death Grip, but Nash charges him into the corner to break the grip! This clash of the titans almost totally distracts from Regal beating Rey's head in... at least until Regal decides the moment is right to ambush Nash! A kick to the back of the knee takes Big Sexy down, and Meng adds a massive headbutt that turns out his lights. The two heels work together, hoisting Nash up and over the rope! BUT OUT OF NOWHERE COMES MISTERIO! A SPRINGBOARD DROPKICK STRIKES MENG IN THE BACK OF THE SKULL, AND THE MONSTERS GOES OUT! WHAT AN UPSET!

Rey lands on his feet off the kick, and Regal tries to flatten him with a clothesline, but Rey ducks and runs up the turnbuckle to hit a twisting press! Regal stumbles away from the impact, and Rey boots him in the rear, right onto the second rope! DIAL IT UP JESSE! 61-NO! Regal catches the kick and violently whips Rey back into the ring! He mounts and pounds Misterio's head mercilessly, a manic look in his eyes, until blood starts to drip from the luchador's mouth! Regal hoists Rey's broken body above his head, and tosses him carelessly to the floor. Your winner, the King, William Regal.

Exhausted, Regal demands a microphone as he slumps over the turnbuckle. "We. Want. Sting. We! Want! Sting!" The crowd picks up the chant, and Regal looks to the entrance ramp. Nothing. "Well, look at that, you little wretches. No Sting! There are no rafters here on beach, are there Sting? No shadows for you to cower in, you miserable little toe-rag?" He stands up, collecting himself. "If Sting were here, I would beat him even bloodier than that disgusting luchador filth I just stepped on! I would fight him on the beaches, I would fight him in the fields and on the streets! But he fears the King's Judgment, so he hides from me! So it shall be Uncensored, when no holds are barred, that you all shall witness my Finest Hour! HEED MY WORDS, STING! THERE ARE NO MORE SHADOWS FOR YOU! IN THE BRITISH EMPIRE, THE SUN NEVER SETS! AND YOU... You, Sting... will burn away."

We cut backstage to Dean Malenko talking to Psicosis. Eddy Guerrero walks into the shot and asks to speak with Dean. Psicosis respectfully leaves. "Dean, you gotta help me with this Ultimate X thing, man. Talk to Bischoff or something, call it off." Malenko furrows his brow, and reminds Eddy he has a tag title match tonight, but Eddy just punches a locker. "Dammit, Dean! I'm being put in some crazy match that's never been done before with that freakin' maniac Sabu, and I've still got another guy I might have to deal with, and you're talkin' about the tag titles?!"

Dean seems unmoved. "Eddy, if you come back to me after my match, I'm sure we can..." Eddy cuts him off "Listen Malenko! When I joined your precious Revolution, you made me certain promises, you got me holmes? The Cruiserweight title is EVERYTHING to me! You told me I would NEVER lose this title as long as you had my back! You told me that I was the key to your big plans to change this company, and you KNOW my price was this belt. Now, I DEMAND that you..."

Malenko's face is hard as ice as he stares Eddy into a silence. Finally, Malenko says "AFTER my title match," and leaves. Eddy manages to squeek out "Good luck, Dean!" The announcers note that the Revolution's title match is coming up next!

Yuji Nagata and Power Warrior vs The Revolution (Dean Malenko and Psicosis), WCW Tag Team Championship on the line! This match explodes out of the gate as Nagata takes on Psicosis. The young luchador showcases his agility with some quick acrobatic grappling and a few flippy kicks, but Nagata is made of tougher stuff than Psicosis is used to and he shrugs off the damage in order to hit back with a T-Bone Suplex. Nagata shows off the ""cut,"" that decorates his leather vest to the hard camera, a series of Kanji laid over a sexy winged lady. He then goes on a crowd-pleasing romp of power offense, which sends Psicosis flying all around the ring. Brazenly, Psicosis strikes back with a few woozy strikes, but Nagata answers with a single, echoing Strong Style chop. Cover, 1, 2, KICK OUT! Nagata transitions smoothly into a rather theatrical armbar, which Tenay calls the Shirome... but he doesn't hold it long before Malenko delivers a stiff mule kick to his temple to save his partner!

The ref forces Dean back, but Psicosis has plenty of room to make the tag, and Revolution's leader falls on Nagata like a vulture, picking the bones of the viscious temple kick. Hold after cranking hold systematically tears at every one of Nagata's joints, as the Man Of A Thousand Holds seems eager to use them all on the stout Japanese warrior. Malenko then starts exclusively targeting the left knee, no doubt preparing it for the Texas Cloverleaf. Nagata seems totally lifeless after several minutes of enduring wear-down grappling, but when Malenko drags him up looking for a brutal Dragon Screw, Nagata unloads an Enzugiri out of nowhere! Malenko goes dark, and Nagata dives for Power Warrior! ITS THE HOT TAG!

Psicosis rushes Power to try and protect his boss, but Power is ready and unloads uppercuts and sickening neckbreaker. Malenko recovers and throws a superkick, but Power ducks and delivers a lariat! And another! And a spectacular leg-trap one shoulder powerbomb, the Tornado Bomb! Cover! 1! 2! SAVE BY PSICOSIS! Nagata comes back in and its a four-man brawl! Psicosis goes off the ropes for a shotgun dropkick on Power, but Nagata defends by shoulder tackling him out of his recovery! Malenko stuns Nagata and signals for the Uprising Powerbomb, but Power Warrior grabs him by the face and delivers a clawhold STO! Nagata tosses Psicosis over the top rope and pins him to the outside mats with the Nagata Lock IV! Malenko is defenseless as Power scoops him up... and delivers the Dead On Arrival brainbuster! Cover, 1! 2! 3! New Tag Team Champions are crowned at Spring Breakout!

As we return from commercial, we see an explosion... on a big screen TV set up in a beige hospital gym. The steady clank of weights echos as we pan across miserable looking patients and oddly muscular nurses who seem more like guards than therapists, standing idle rather than helping. We center on one weight machine that hides its occupant, and a voice calls out: "Santo!" The man turns to reveal the mask of El Hijo del Santo! A nurse in sunglasses gestures with a steel cane as if it were a shotgun, and leads the luchador to a steel gate which seems to separate this ward from a busy hospital hallway. Standing at that gate is Konnan. He dismisses the nurse and other nearby staff and asks, "How are you Santito?" Santo replies with an earnest but bitter "Bueno."

"Santo, I'm sorry they're keeping you in this hellhole. You were right, the Commisioner's Office is withholding your medical clearance. I told you I'd help you when I could... but it involves Eric Bischoff. You interested?" Santo looks wistfully away, and speaks in subtitled Spanish: {I don't want to rot until my contract expires. But in here at least I know where I stand.}

Konnan presses on: "Just, hear me out first. WCW is co-promoting a Pay Per View in Mexico with Triple A, but there's a complication. Your name was dug up by V.K. Wallstreet's old computer as one of three men best suited to resolve the problem." Santo asks what the problem is, and Konnan answers: "Rumors of kidnapped wrestlers in Tijuana." Santo's expression turns grim, and Konnan continues. "The old gyms and warehouses you fought in for the WWA back in '83 are at the center of the rumors. Nobody knows that part of TJ better than you. The risk factor is very high, but WCW can't be caught in a scandal. We need to know if AAA wrestlers are involved. If you get the job done, there's a medical clearance waiting for you. You interested?"

Santo looks back at the bleached white sterility of the hospital and the miserable shuffling patients, and gives his answer: Si. "Good. The next time we meet will be in Missouri, just before Uncensored. Bischoff will give you all the details." Konnan moves off down the hall, and Santo calls out a last question: {Do we get to win this time?}

Konnan answers simply: "This time, its up to you."

ITS THE MAIN EVENT! Chris Benoit and Mike Awesome vs Scott Hall and Goldberg! The bout is a complete madhouse from minute one. All four men quickly spill out of the ring, and take their fight into the crowd and the beach. Heavy brawling kicks up a lot of sand as security keeps the crowd at bay. The Camera Crew struggles to follow the action as Hall puts Benoit's face in the sand with a bulldog, while Awesome attempts to force Goldberg into the ocean only to face the full brunt of the spear!

The madness intensifies as the fight becomes 2-on-1 with Awesome's disappearance under the water, and Benoit struggles to keep the two men at bay. The referees follow, waiting for someone to pin someone else on the sand, but the announcers think its obvious that Hall and Goldberg are more interested in ending Benoit before the Ladder Match ever happens! Goldberg hoists Benoit up, looking to Jackhammer him right into the sand.... but the Champ escapes, falls back behind Goldberg and kicks him into his boss! Mike Awesome reappears from nowhere and starts pounding Scott Hall back toward the ring while Benoit drops to the sand and locks Goldberg into the Crippler Crossface right there on the beach! There are no ropes to break the hold out in the sand, and the crowd closes in around the WCW Champion, chanting for his opponent to Tap! Tap! Tap! Back in the ring, Scott Hall suffers the full wrath of the Awesome Bomb, meaning no help is coming! Goldberg struggles, he writhes, he roars... and he taps out! Chris Benoit and Mike Awesome win by submission! We're outta time, see you on Worldwide!

What a massive show! Great work by everybody, lots of big news for the PPV! A welcome return from WCW! I give this show a solid B!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wergeck.net posted:

WCW Worldwide spoilers for March Week 2, 1998

Eric Bischoff opens the show, welcoming the fans to Worldwide's own little corner of Spring Beakout, the Champagne Suite! Sponsored by Champagne Enterprises™. He hopes the fans will enjoy this more intimate evening as much as they did the big party on Monday Nitro. Tonight the great Sabu, one of the competitors in his upcoming Ultimate X match, will show us just what hardcore means in a Raven's Rules match! But that's just one of round to be served in the Champagne Suite tonight, so "Drink it in, man!"

Ultimo Dragon vs Lodi. Dragon wins with the Asai DDT.

Bobby Eaton vs Local Jobber. Eaton hits the Tower of London for the pin.

David Barlow vs Nick Lovin and Magnum TOKYO in a handicap match on Nitro turns dark. Magnum and Dawn betray Nick, sacrificing him to their vampiric master!

David Barlow (with/ Dawn Marie) and Magnum TOKYO defeat the Liverpool Lads. Barlow pins Brookside off the Impaler DDT.

A montage shows images from the matches of the Women's Championship Tournament which have already occurred, as well as the current standings in both blocks.

Block Aphrodite
Madusa - 4
Bull Nakano - 3
Mariko Yoshida - 1
Chaparita Asari - 1

Block Venus
Lexie Fyfe - 3
Aja Kong - 3
Tina Ferrari - 0
Malia Hosaka - 0

Bull Nakano defeats Mariko Yoshida with a spectacular Back-to-Belly Piledriver!

The story thus far of Sting vs William Regal! Sting pins Regal in their first confrontation, but Regal wants a rematch, no holds barred!

Goldberg defeats two jobbers in a handicap match to retain Scott Hall's Television Championship

A narrator walks us through the rules and dangers of the Ultimate X match, and shows us the match card: Eddy Guerrero vs Sabu vs ???? for the Cruiserweight Championship at Uncensored.

Sabu (w/ Bill Alfonso) vs Bradley Mahoney! Raven's Rules! Weapons EVERYWHERE! Sabu hits the Arabian Facebuster for the pinfall!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 5, 2016

• Locked thread