Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
All pre-PPV TV has been run. Soon as WCW times their segments for the show, I can run the PPVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Happyman posted:

All pre-PPV TV has been run. Soon as WCW times their segments for the show, I can run the PPVs.

I'll get on it when I'm done mourning my country home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you guys are ready to post your other shows you can leapfrog ecw for now, as well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm sorry I've been busier than I expected. I'll write the rest of our TV tomorrow.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

The last shows of the thread have been run. Now, get posting!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Happyman posted:

The last shows of the thread have been run. Now, get posting!

I... didn't handle the election very well. However, I have every confidence that Captain booked a great PPV even though I didn't get the chance to look at it in my seculsion. Can;t wait to write it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I, for one, would like to thank Vince and Shane McMahon for putting on the match of their lives.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, let's see how Uncensored went...

:stare: Oh my.

We got two A matches and an A segment

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We had a B overall PPV which is the best grade we've ever had :unsmith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

Well, let's see how Uncensored went...

:stare: Oh my.

We got two A matches and an A segment

2 A matches, and an A+ segment, baby!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I Before E posted:

Even without the legendary chemistry between Steve Austin and Chris Jericho!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

I Before E posted:

Well, that's WrestleMania. The fact that Uncensored was as highly-rated as it was...let's just say your show needs to be as good as Starrcade in order to compete with us.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CaptainYesterday posted:

Well, that's WrestleMania. The fact that Uncensored was as highly-rated as it was...let's just say your show needs to be as good as Starrcade in order to compete with us.

Our show would need to be significantly better than Starrcade to count as a good WWF show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Our show would need to be significantly better than Starrcade to count as a good WWF show.

Luckily we were easily able to do that, by virtue of making a show competently.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If any of y'all have a PS4, I made a community out of boredom last night. post your ID here and I'll add you.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the award for PPV of the year we won.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What's that you said? I thought you spoke, but it couldn't be; five months haven't passed!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

At least those five months were better than Golddust's title reign!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

At least those five months were better than Golddust's title reign!

You misspelled Goldust.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

one D wasn't enough to describe it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

one D wasn't enough to describe it

more Ds than Nick Lovin got on Nitro.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

Ds...

nuts

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

I bet Nick Lovin gets all the D

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I bet Nick Lovin gets all the D

Joel Gertner posted:

He always gets the D... along with the S and the T!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

So we're waiting on Hardcore TV right? The last Nitro isn't too far off from Postable, so I thought when I saw 15 posts outta nowhere I had to get ready, but it seems its not in there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need to write the main event and some promos need to be finished.

That's actually where the go home HCTV is at as well though, at least.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hurry it up already so we can get to the 2011 brand split!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll just post whatever we have at the end of the holiday weekend, sorry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I promise we won't take 5 months like WCW but this is WRESTLEMANIA and we want it to be perfect.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As promised

quote:

ECW was live in Knoxville, Tennessee this week! My apologies, but I was sharing some moonshine with the locals so my recollections of some of the later parts of the show isn't the best.

"The show started off with Adam Copeland coming down to the ring. But as he got there... Al Snow and the Acolytes came from all sides! They surrounded the ring, causing someone at ringside to toss Copeland a chair. He held the chair up as the Acolytes climbed up onto the apron!

Several referees ran down the ramp with Paul E. behind them. ""I told you, Snow! The deal was that if you or any of them so much as touch Copeland, your match at Living Dangerously is off! It's not for his protection, it's to protect my INVESTMENT in this pay-per-view! And I take my investments very seriously! Now get out of here before you ruin TWO main events!"" Copeland would be facing Taka Michinoku tonight."

-------------------------------------------------

Crash Lockwood came out, as pumped up as ever, ready to take on D'Lo Brown in a non-title match. Lockwood started off strong, but soon D'Lo took control and shortly after that disposed of him with a 'Lo Down. After getting the three, he shoved Crash out of the ring and grabbed a mic.
"""Yo, Nelson X. You may have X in your name, but that don't mean you're ever gonna get your hands on this X-Division Title! It belongs to me and ECW! You'll--""

But Nelson X appeared on the Gordontron! ""Be quiet when I'm talking, fool! I know you're like the rest of these peckerwoods in Ft. Lauderdale! You're afraid of a man like me. What's the difference between me and you? I know that actions speak louder than the words you're spoutin' in that ring."" The camera was back on D'Lo... and behind him was Nelson X!

Nelson X attacked D'Lo from behind, beating his rear end up and down the ring. D'Lo finally made it out of the ring with his belt, yelling that it's on at Living Dangerously '98!"

-----------------------------------------------------

"The glass broke and down came the Blue Man Power Trip! The Blue Meanie yelled about how Mikey Whipwreck may be having a rough month but he wants to get back on track with an OPEN CHALLENGE!

Unfortunately for them... Born in the USA hit! Kurt Angle was here! ""I can always use a tune-up match!"""
The match started and Meanie and Nova really got the crowd behind Mikey. unfortunately for him, that just annoyed Angle, who proceeded to show us all the different ways he could tie Mikey in knots or throw him around like a rag doll. Mikey tried to put up a fight but eventually Angle caught him in the middle of the ring with the Ankle Lock and he had to tap out.

Angle starts talking about showing why he's still the best, but Francine comes out with Ultimo Dragon, taunts Angle for taking so long to win, and says Dragon will show him how a real wrestler can take care of business

Dragon got to work immediately, and you could tell Credible was having trouble keeping up. Something about this didn't click and the crowd lost interest pretty quickly, instead deciding to taunt Angle, who was still at ringside. Dragon made a point of beating Credible with the Ankle lock, noticibly faster than it had taken Angle to get to Mikey, while staring down an irate Angle.
Francine gets in the ring with UD to gloat, but Angle interrupts before she can start and demands match against Ultimo Dragon at Living Dangerously, Francine accepts on his behalf

---------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Lynn talks backstage about RVD and talks about his own hard work and wrestling for the fans etc etc I'm a good guy! He challenges RVD to a match at Living Dangerously if he's not too scared to get his hands dirty.

----------------------------------------------------------

Some poor shmuck that we didn't recognize was in the ring, which can only mean one thing for him. And out came the Sexicools, Val leading the way, all business. He beat on the jobber for a few minutes before mercifully putting him down with a Money Shot.

The Sexicools all got in the ring and ran down Shane Douglas, after which Val challenged him to a match at Living Dangerously

----------------------------------------------------------------

The main event saw Adam Copeland take on TAKA from Always Sunny. These two really clicked in the ring, which got the crowd even more heated when Candido, Blackman, and Tammy would interfere. Fortunately, Dreamer and Kidman came through the crowd to sneak attack Candido and Blackman! Copeland used the distraction to hit TAKA with a Crescendo and get the win, as the two teams brawled through the crowd, Tammy in tow screaming at them.

As Copeland celebrated in the ring, Snow came out to the ramp to stare him down. He made no move to get close to the ring, though, clearly trying to intimidate even with the no contact rule in effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The main was a pretty great way to finish the show, Copeland and TAKA really brought it, and it definitely brought the show up. I'd give it a solid E(C)Dub

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

IT'S RAW IN CHICAGO, BABY! THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE! THE MUSIC CITY! THE BIG PIZZA! THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS! THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN! THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE! CHICAGO, BABY! MWAH, PIZZA PIE! SEARS TOWER! THE BEARS! DE FACTO SEGREGATION! COVERING UP TORTURE BY THE POLICE! CHICAGO, BABY!

The Trailblazers cut a promo on the Power Trip being cowards. Rocky cuts a promo on HHH, implying HHH is the one behind his contract being cut during the 1996 KOTR, and saying that beating HHH at Mania will be the moment when his business as Rocky Maivia will conclude. "Way I see it, ever since I came back, I've had that old Rocky Maivia with me. I have that disappointed kid that wanted so bad to make it in the WWF, and was so crushed when he had to leave. I was not a happy man, I was not a well man, I was barely a functional man in the weeks and months after I left the WWF, and I don't want that inside me. I don't want what I was, I don't want to rely on my family name. I want to stand on my own merit. So when I beat you, when we finally have that match, I won't be Rocky Maivia anymore. I will be The Rock, and you will never break me down again." Austin comes out and points out that he's given out more shots at the title than he had to (listing off the wrestlers he's defended against on Raw, Skunk, Liger, Goldust, Shamrock, Taker...), and he's been the most dominant champion in WWF history. In a rage, he books the Trailblazers vs The Power Trip as tonight's main event.

Blue Blazer and the Headshrinkers vs Godfather, Maverick, and Mike Quackenbush, Blazer pins Quack

When Albano tries to join him in the ring to celebrate, Blazer shoves him out of the way.

Godfather and Taylor put Mean Gene through one last battery of tests, and he aces every one!

Kane d. Sang after a top rope Chokeslam. This was essentially a squash, but the crowd was into it. They like Kane. Or hate him. Whichever, they were into the match. The last 2 segments cratered hard, so it was nice of Kane to get the crowd back into things.

The Ministry tries to sacrifice Sanguinia, but Skunkrocker is able to run them off.

Vic Venom comes out with the rest of Immortal. He has a mic, Dave has a handful of darts, and Bollea and Poffo are carrying some sort of board.

"Bro, tonight youse guys are gonna see somethin' you ain't never seen before! Tonight, another Vic Venom original will make its debut: DAVE DARTS! We got 4 spots fer da King A Da Mountain Match dis Sunday! And we're gonna fill dose spots! Scotty, Stevie, set it up!"

Scotty and Stevie unfolded the board, and revealed a massive collage of WWF wrestlers, with three large pictures in the center: Scotty, Stevie, and Dave. The rest of the pictures were tiny and around the edges. Vic tied a blindfold around Dave, spun him around 3 times, and pointed him towards the board.

"Awright, Dave, let her rip! Numbah one!"

Dave inhaled, exhaled, and tossed the first dart. It landed on Tajiri, near the top edge.

"Tajiri is going to Wrestlemania! Numbah 2!"

Dave tossed another, and it landed way left, on Osamu Nishimura.

"Osamu Nishimura, Wrestlemania bound! Woohoo! Numbah 3, Big Guy!"

Dave tossed another, and it went way low, landing exactly on a tiny picture of Ken Shamrock on the bottom edge.

"Ken... KEN SHAMROCK? OKAY! Ken Shamrock is going to Wrestlemania! Numbah Four!"

Dave hesitated, wound up for the next shot, then took the blindforl off, stepped to the board and stuck the dart right on Stevie Poffo's picture.

"STEVIE, THE POFFO MAN, IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA! DAT'S DAVE DARTS, EVERYBODY, THE NEW VIC VENOM ORIGINAL!"

The Stooges have the paperwork in order, but have to hide it from Dok and Vince. They notice a broom closet marked SHOTGUN DRESSING ROOM and have a Eureka moment.

Elimination Triangle Tag, Winner Enters The Tag Title Match at Wrestlemania: DOA(Hakushi and Daniels) v Kaientai DIAMOND (Teioh and Funaki) v the Dudley Boys

Funaki and Hakushi started off, Funaki trying to overtake the veteran with speed and high flying. Hakushi had his number, though, and answered his high-flying style with hard strikes. Funaki went for an armdrag, Hakushi reversed it into a backbreaker. Funaki went for a running crossbody, Hakushi chopped him out of the air. Eventually, Hakushi got tired of playing with him and whipped him into the DOA's corner, where he let Daniels work him over a little more. Daniels tenderized him with more chops before ringing his bell with an enzuigiri, putting him on the mat, and going for a no-hands run-up moonsault he calls Feast Or Famine.

1...2...2.9, Funaki got the ropes. Daniels tried to pull him off the ropes, but Funaki created some distance with a kick to the chest and got the hot tag to Teioh. Teioh took Daniels to the mat with a hard lariat, picked him up, whipped him to the Kaientai corner, and followed up with a big splash that sandwiched Daniels against the turnbuckles. Teioh tried to follow up with the Jacknife Ecstasy, but on the way up, Daniels was able to hook his legs around Teioh's head and reverse the bomb into a rana before scrambling into the Dudleyz' corner, tagging in Buh Buh. Buh Buh and D-Von ran wild on Teioh, keeping him in the corner with quick tags, but when they went for the 3D, Teioh took down D-Von with a lariat and hooked an unsuspecting Buh Buh into a massive German suplex.

1...2...3! The Dudleyz were eliminated! Still riding high on adrenaline, Teioh bellowed for Hakushi, and the two belted each other with hard lariats, massive chops, and even a few headbutts before Teioh challenged Hakushi to hit the ropes. Hakushi did, hitting a handspring back elbow smash that took Teioh to the mat. Hakushi climbed the ropes, landed the praying diving headbutt, and Daniels followed up with the Feast Or Famine to put the button on it.

1...2...3! Daniels and Hakushi are going to Wrestlemania!

The Dudleyz get angry, start beating on Funaki and Teioh, Super Dragon and Sato come out to resist them, Buh Buh cutters Sato, Dragon knocks D-Von out with an enzuigiri, and Dragon is beating the poo poo out of Buh Buh with a Violence Party strike rush when Terry Funk runs in to help, taking out Dragon with jabs and a chairshot. Afterwards, he walks off alone, leaving the Dudleyz confused. DiBiase is also confused, ranting on commentary that he didn't authorize Funk helping the Dudleyz, they've been persona non grata to Money Inc since Goldust lost his title!

Hunter awards the VJM Award to... himself! Shane objects, only to be beaten down by Hunter and conked in the head by the trophy

Okada says that tonight, he'll destroy Osamu Nishimura like he'll destroy Goldust at Wrestlemania

Nishi vs Okada: This was a great one, with Nishi getting the upper hand early on with his technical proficiency. He went after Okada's arms, working him over in armlocks. Okada tried to keep out of range, and hit back with some harsh elbows and kicks, but Nishi kept at him, even getting him into the Octopus hold. Okada got the ropes, but he switched up his approach, focusing more on kicks and keeping Nishi away from his arm. For the finish, Nishi attempted a Northern Lights, but Okada reversed it into a DDT before following up with a Shining Wizard for 3.

Jimmy Hart is looking for Shamrock backstage, and finds a locked door with SHAMROCK TRAINING ROOM - KEEP OUT written on it and strenuous grunting and yelling coming out. He knocks on it, and asks Shamrock if he's alright, but only gets the response "gently caress YOU, rear end in a top hat!" Shaken, Hart tells Shamrock his match is about to start, and almost gets a faceful of door when Ken kicks it down before stalking his way to the ring.

Shamrock vs Terry Funk, Shamrock wins via Ankle Lock. Terry Funk of all people is frightened by Shamrock's intensity, to DiBiase's dismay on commentary.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it. I think that's the first time I've ever seen Terry Funk afraid. I know Shamrock is getting in the zone for that Pan-Am match, since he got in despite that asinine Dave Darts system, but this... this is a level of rage far beyond rational."

For the finish, Shamrock gets Funk on the mat and starts pummelling his ankle with elbows, frothing at the mouth, before locking it in, and keeping it locked in despite Terry's howls of pain.

Main eventers and midcarders extol the values of literacy: Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon cut a pretape, with Shawn holding a copy of The Fountainhead:

"A lot of you mouth-breathing leeches saw me with this book last week, and I bet you wanted to know just what the heck ol' Heartbreak was reading, since according to the latest statistics, about eighty percent of you haven't touched a book in the last year, and a third of you haven't touched one since you walked down that aisle and got your diploma! Well, I'm here to drop some real literature on your rear end! Howard Roark, the hero of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, he's not a guy who just sits around on the couch watching TV, no! He gets out there, and he ACHIEVES! Just like the Heartbreak Kid! Two time Rumble winner! WWF Champ! Two time tag champ! Three time Intercontinental champ! That's some accomplishments! And just like yours truly, the common people, those losers in the stands, just don't understand him! They want him to compromise! They want him to give up on his standards! And you know why? They're leeches, just like Owen Hart! They've been piggybacking on their nanny states so long they just don't know how to get by on their own, and when I put Owen Hart down on the mat at Wrestlemania, I'll show him that all the family legacy, all the nepotism, all the piggybacking in the world can't measure up to a man who gets by on his own strength and skill!"

4-on-4: Trailblazers(Taz, Rocky, Jericho, Goldust) vs Power Trip

Goldust and Joanna started off, Joanna got the upper hand through power moves. Goldust reversed the Fallaway Slam into a Curtain Call attempt, but HHH grabbed him from the outside and tagged himself in. HHH and Joanna worked over Goldust until he dodged a corner lariat and got the hot tag to Rocky. HHH immediately tagged out to Pillman, and Pillman and Rocky went into a sequence. Pillman was able to hit a few high flying moves, including a screw high kick, but Rocky was able to dodge a running knee strike and take Pillman to the mat with a Powerslam on the rebound.

1... 2, Pillman kicked out, got back to his feet, and tried to hit a quick superkick, but Rocky ducked before pummelling him with a few hard jabs, stunning him with a big right hand, and hooking him in for the Rock Bottom before getting reversed into a backslide.

1... 2, Pillman kicked out and immediately made his way to Austin, tagging the champ in. Austin went right for Rocky, rocking him with Texas style jabs, hitting the ropes, and taking him to the mat with a hard shoulderblock. Austin goaded Rocky into getting back up, kicked him in the stomach, set up the Stunner, but got spun around and picked up for the Uranage, before stopping Rocky with a hard knee to the gut, hoisting him up in a suplex, and dropping him down with a BRAINBUSTER! Austin got cocky and pinned him with one foot.

1...2...2.9, Rocky got his foot on the rope. Austin smirked, obviously irritated but trying to play it off, and went to hook the leg, but got reversed into a rollup!
1...2...2.9, Austin reversed the pressure into a rollup of his own!
1...2...2.9, Rocky rolled both men to the Trailblazer corner, where Taz tagged himself in!

Taz came in like an Abrams tank, whupping Austin like a disobedient dog with lariats and hard elbows, pushing him back. However, he didn't notice Austin was bringing him into the Power Trip's corner, and ate a hard right hand from HHH as he tagged himself in. HHH got Taz into the corner, peppered him with chops, and from there, all the members of the Power Trip took turns working on him, even going through a train of running corner attacks: a lariat from Joanna, a step-up knee from Pillman, an elbow smash from HHH, and a spear from Austin that took Taz to the mat, where Austin stomped a mudhole into him and walked it dry. Austin then dragged Taz out of the corner and scaled the ropes for an elbow drop, but Taz rolled out of the way and tagged in Jericho.

Jericho and Austin made their way to the middle of the ring and stared each other down. Neither man was going to move first, and the crowd was baying for a brawl. They got one, as Joanna, Pillman, and HHH rushed the ring, and the Power Trip started ganging up on Jericho. The rest of the Trailblazers weren't far behind, and before long the ref was calling for a no contest.

That standoff was cool, but no finish kind of left the crowd feeling deflated, ending up with a B Raw.

quote:

Cole, Cornette, and Mean Gene are discussing current events in the WWF when Vic Venom comes in and declares that tonight there's gonna be a scramble match for the final spot in the Tag Team Title Match at Wrestlemania. Whoever wins gets to sponsor a team of his choice for the match! Cole is confused.
"But Vic, wouldn't it make more sense for them to be in the match themselves?"
"THEN IT WOULDN'T BE A VIC VENOM ORIGINAL, YOU DUMMY!"

Bradshaw vs CY, Helms wins when Cole distracts Bradshaw.

Comedy segment from "Earlier Tonight": Immortal are in a dark room watching Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, and Scotty Bollea is scared of the actually real Zombies Stevie: Aw, give me a break, it's fake! Scotty: "B-b-but the monsters are REAL, neighbor!" Venom is watching the screen without blinking, until Fleihr leans down behind him, and says "It's terror time again," at which point he jumps up 5 feet in the air

Mania hype video, showcasing Austin/Jericho, HHH/Rocky, Owen/Shawn, and Okada/Goldust

Okada vs Men's TEIOH, Okada wins. The crowd was surprisingly hot for this one, even popping when Teioh teased the Jacknife Ecstasy bomb. Okada didn't let him hit it, though, reversing it into a Reverse Neckbreaker before hitting the Rainmaker for 3.

Mania Hype Video showcasing Taker/Henry, Vader/Taz, Skunk/Kane, and Foley/Titan

Scramble for the final spot in the Tag Title Match: Skunk v Vampiro v Finlay v Stevie Ray v Godfather, Skunk wins

Vince promo on Shane, demanding that the truck puts a Blue Dot on Shane's head in the Mania graphic for their match

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wrestlemania 14!
Match Graphics:
DOUBLE MAIN EVENT!

Title Matches:

Non-Title Matches:

Text for predictions:

Double Main Event:
WWF Title: Steve Austin (c) vs Chris Jericho
Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart

Title Matches:
Title Of Excellence: Kazuya Okada(c) vs Goldust
IC Title: HHH (c) vs The Rock
Pan-Am KOTM: Joanna (c) vs Ken Shamrock vs Tajiri vs Osamu Nishimura vs Stevie Poffo
Tag Title: Joanna and Pillman (c) vs Immortal Powers (Dave Fliehr and Scotty Bollea) vs DOA (Daniels and Hakushi) vs WCW (Skunkrocker's choice)

Non-Title:
Mark Henry vs The Undertaker
Taz vs Vader
Falls Count Anywhere: Titan vs Mick Foley
Street Fight: Vince McMahon vs Shane McMahon

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

2011 thread goes up on January 1st.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Cool.

If Team WCW has been waiting for me to do their write-up, I'm sorry. I've been in a serious emotional and creative funk, and since the last two shows were all booked by Cap due to circumstances preventing me from checking them, I figured he could handle it without me.

Regardless, I shall muster myself so we can send this long game off properly.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I wasn't about to give up on this without one last push. Whether the PPV gets done or not I'll leave up to Captain since that is the culmination of his vision, but I am happy to have at least done the work for this: our last Nitro. Good game everyone. I'll be looking forward to Mania if it ever appears.

quote:

One last Nitro... before the PPV of course. What happened? Check it out!

Nitro cold opens on WCW Television Champion Scott Hall (flanked by Goldberg) "We're only six days away from Uncensored, where anything goes. And I mean ANYTHING goes. Once the bell rings, you can do everything short of the first-degree. Not that I need that kind of leeway against Chris Ben-wah. I could beat his rear end any day of the week! Add in a Ladder Match, MY match, and you're lookin' at a guy who's about to get the World Title he's had comin' for his entire career."

Hall paces a bit. "The Crippler and me, we go way back. Him and Arn Anderson brought me into WCW. And I'll admit, I'm a little jealous. While I was stuck in the background, carrying water for the Diamonds while I waited for my shot, Ben-wah was smiling in the spotlight thanks to his big win over Double A. Well, unfortunately for him, I am one petty son-of-a-BITCH. And one year, to the day, after he made his name, I'm gonna bring him down. to. Earth. VERY Literally."

WCW International Chairman Roddy Piper's music interrupts Hall's rant! As he hobbles down the ramp on his cane, Hall shouts that Hot Rot has no jurisdiction over him as TV Champ. "You know boyo, you're right. I got no authority to make matches. USUALLY. But I can make matches for the WCW International Champion. Normally that's just naming his contenders, but I went and checked the bylaws, and it turns out I can also make HIM a contender to any other title! And just because these fans deserve THE BEST WRESTLING ON THIS PLANET, as of right now, Christian Cage will be the challenging for your Television Championship in our main event!"

Hall is flummoxed. Piper puts his finger up. "And before you get any clever ideas about your boy there fighting in your stead, I have the pleasure to inform you that Bill Goldberg already has a match for tonight. And it's happening RIGHT NOW!" Hall freaks out as Goldberg glowers. Piper looks directly to the camera and shouts ""And now, ladies and gentlement, I give you WCW Monday Nitro, live from Kansas City, Missouri!" The opening video plays!

Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, Goldberg, the New Blue Bloods, and Brutus Briefcase) vs Team Misterio (Rey Misterio, Jr., Mike Awesome, Perry Saturn, Nelson X, and Shannon Moore) This one-fall five-on-five tag match is chaotic to say the least, with rapid fire tags and frequent breakdowns in the ref's ability to control the big men like Goldberg and Awesome. As they fight, the announce team notes that this match has a particular purpose: all the participants will be part of a special matchup, the Hardcore Gauntlet, at Uncensored, and whoever walks out of that match the winner will also walk out United States Champion! Doubtless, Jeff Jarrett is not happy about that!

Tenay explains that the normal Gauntlet Match rules will be augmented by the fact that every man can bring a weapon into the match when his turn comes up, and that weapon is entirely legal! The danger of this is illustrated when an infuriated Goldberg grabs a steel chair and swats Misterio with it like a fly while the referee is distracted by a brawl outside. He adds a Jackhammer for good measure! Cover, 1! 2! 3! Goldberg wins!

Power Warrior and Yuji Nagata in a very 80's style pre-taped segment, stand tall with belts in hand in front of two big Japanese biker banners. They announce that a new era of Tag Team Wrestling has begun with their title win. You can call them: The Black Angels!

The Black Angels vs Kimo and Ekmo! A bruiserfest to say the least, the sheer amount of human flesh in the ring is more than a little staggering. The Champs work very stiff and the two Samoans get very little offense in until they resort to full-blown cheating. They pile on Power, but in a great display of strength he his Kimo with a powerbomb and hot tags Nagata! Yuji shows them his JUSTICE, and applies the Nagata Lock #2 to force his opponent to submit.

Dusty Rhodes interviews Curt Hennig via video conference. Hennig says that his lawyers have reviewed his WCW contract and corporate bylaws, and he has no choice but to concede to owner Ted Turner's command that they wrestle at Uncensored. He says that DDP is a fool to have put him in this situation, and swears that Dallas' big comeback from injury ends in Dallas along with his career. The Texas Death Match is not something to be invoked lightly, and when he's finished with Page they'll need TWO graves just to bury the mess he leaves behind.

Aja Kong vs Lexie Fyfe! Women's Title Tournament Match! Aja and Lexie start grappling and Aja's size quickly overwhelms, allowing her to ragdoll her. Lexie struggles to recover as Kong adds more punishment, but out of nowhere grabs what little hair Aja has and delivers a jumbo snapmare! The stunned Kong has no time to prepare for the devastating kick Lexie delivers to her skull! An upset in the making! Cover! 1! KICKOUT!

Fyfe is stunned at the one-count off the bone-rattling kick, but quickly snaps out of it and piles stomps onto the prone beast.Aja moves to the ropes to get some relief, but Fyfe applies a camel clutch! She screams for her opponent to tap... until Aja simply stands up out of the hold! Aja backpack drops Fyfe, shaking off all previous damage as if it were nothing of consequences, and deadlifts her lifeless opponent into a Piledriver! 1! 2! 3! Aja Kong wins!

Backstage, Chis "Champagne" Kanyon is speaking at a lectern. To his right are his stablemates: Lex Luger, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Brutus Briefcase. To his left are James Mitchell, the Great Muta, Wrath, and Mariko Yoshida. "This is a proud day for business, wrestling, and the business of wrestling. For the past few weeks, I have been negotiating a merger between my company and the forces who serve The Great Muta, and I am proud to announce that negotiations are complete. Now, let me introduce my equity stakeholder, the Sinister Minister, James Mitchell!"

Mitchell gets up from his chair and shakes hands with Kanyon as flashbulbs burst. "Thank you, Champagne. I know some of wrestling's fans think its bad news to have this much power in one group....well, they're right! This unholy alliance of ours was created for money, power, and respect. Champagne brings the money, I bring the power. Respect... well, those who choose to withhold it can answer to the Luminous Force! Of course, I may be wrong... but I doubt it!"

Dean Malenko vs Rick Steiner! Rick starts the match off using his size advantage to bully Dean around the ring, busting him up with hard chops and forearm blows. Rick lifts up and holds Dean up in a vertical suplex before slamming him down, then barks at the crowd, but Dean manages a dazed chop block off the taunt! With the advantage swung, Malenko starts running through his thousand holds, doing severe damage to Steiner's leg. Revolution's leader holds the advantage for a long time, doing a lot of damage, but Steiner finally manages a reversal and hits a Steiner line to turn the tide! Looking for a bulldog, he rushes Dean from behind, but Malenko counters into an Irish Whip, hits the drop toehold and goes right into the Texas Cloverleaf! Steiner has no choice but to tap!

As Malenko celebrates his victory over Rick Steiner, another Rick appears on the entrance ramp: Rick Rude! The WCW Commissioner claps and says "Well done, Malenko! I've had my doubts since you started your little "revolution," but you've been proving week after week that you are simply put one of the best in WCW, regardless of the naysayers." Rude thinks for a second. "Tell you what, 'Iceman.' Uncensored is going to be the biggest night of your life. By special request of your buddy Eddy Guerrero, you are going to be the third man in Ultimate X!" Malenko celebrates for a split-second, before realizing what this means, and getting a very sour look on his face. Commentary makes it clear: Eddy expects his boss Dean to help him retain the Cruiserweight Title, making Ultimate X a glorified handicap match against Sabu!

Kid Rock vs Brian James (with "Bad rear end" James Winchester). A weirdly disappointing bout despite the two skilled hands involved. Guess they were having an off night. Nothing really worth mentioning except Kid got the pin off the Bullgod.

After the match, Kid Rock makes his signature celebration on the turnbuckle, but unbeknownst to him, "Bad rear end" James Winchester has slid into the ring! Kid Rock jumps off the turnbuckle and turns around, and the two men stare down. Brian James gets to his feet, making it two on one... but Winchester extends a hand!

Kid looks at the hand and the crowd, giving a skeptic look. He decides to take the risk and shakes Winchester's hand. The two slap each other on the back and Brian shakes Kid's hand as well. Kid Rock goes back up the entrance ramp as James x 3 - 1 talk in the ring.

In a pre-taped segment, El Hijo del Santo is given instructions by Eric Bischoff about his mission to Mexico. Observe, confirm, bring back proof, but do not attempt to engage or rescue any wrestlers, if there are any to be found.

Ric Flair enters the ring in an oddly humble manner, and takes up the mic. "In 6 days time, in the city of Dallas, The Nature Boy will face the Great Muta in an Ambulance Match. I've been chasing this big, sick freak for a long time. I sat back and watched as he carved a bloody swath through the WCW Roster, put good men and innocent kids with big futures ahead of them out of this business for life. I could have done something. I'm a 14-Time Heavyweight Champion of the WORLD! But I was preoccupied. Distracted by other things, other grudges to settle. But when that lowlife put his hands on MY FRIEND! ON MY FRIEND RODDY PIPER! It was OVER! HE SIGNED HIS PROFESSIONAL DEATH CERTIFICATE, AND I'M GONNA BE THE ONE TO DELIVER IT TO HIM!"

"For weeks now, people have been trying to get me off this road I've been going down. They think its going to end in a bad place. They think I'm too far past my prime to take on somebody like Muta. They think the risks aren't worth it just for revenge. Even the man himself, the Hot Rod, says that payback is not worth the career of the Nature Boy. He says if I take that mist, just like he did, he'll never forgive himself. Hogan said the same thing. So did a half dozen other of my friends and family members. They all give me that same message: Ric Flair is more than a man to this business. Ric Flair is a legend. Ric Flair is a myth. Ric Flair is a PILLAR, and if that pillar goes away Professional Wrestling itself might collapse! By risking myself fighting someone as dangerous as Muta, I am being selfish. Pigheaded. And a damned fool."

"Well you know what I think, KANSAS CITY? Ric Flair is not a symbol. Ric Flair is not ready to be put in a glass case and admired, and Ric Flair does not belong in a museam. RIC FLAIR IS A LIMOSINE RIDIN', JET FLYIN', KISS-STEALIN', WHEELIN'-DEALIN', SON OF A GUN! Ric Flair is, and always will be, A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER! And as long as I have one ounce of strength left in this body, and one drop of pride in my heart, I WILL NOT BACK DOWN! I WILL FIGHT THE GREAT MUTA! AND I! WILL! WIN! MUTA! YOU TOOK PIPER'S EYE! I'M GONNA TAKE... EVERYTHING!"

The Navigators defeat Ice Train and Bradley Mahoney. Simple squash match ends when the Most Excellent Kicks Mix puts Mahoney down for the 3.

Lance Storm is seen backstage playing with a Game Boy when Hulk Hogan taps him on the shoulder. "We need to talk, brother. Qhile you've been busy playing Tetris, those jerkwads Mitchell and Kanyon have combined their forces to make some sort of syndicate." "I saw." Strom points at a TV, which is showing WCW Monday Nitro on five-second delay. Suddenly the screen changes to Hogan walking up to Lance, to which the Hulkster reacts with delight. "Hey, it's me watching me! Watching me watching me watching me!"

"What's your point, Hulk?" "Hold on!" Hogan makes his ear-cupping motion, which slowly relays infinitly. "Alright. Well, anyway, I'm beginning to feel that that unholy alliance is going to do something drastic. For weeks Luger and Wrath have been dogging me, trying to mess me up, and we both know that my boy Flair is finally taking on Muta in an Ambulance match at Uncensored. Whatever their endgame is, we need to do all we can to make sure it doesn't go ahead."

Storm gets back on his Game Boy. "You want me for something?" "Yeah, brother, you're one of the only friends I have right now." Storm is taken aback at this comment. "Really?" "Ha, no, I just wanted to see your reaction. Anyway, I want to take the fight to Luger and Wrath in a Tag Team Tables Match! And I know how good you are in tables matches. I know I'm tired of seeing somebody with your talent spending Pay Per Views sitting in the back doing nothing. The question is: are you tired of it?" Storm's head shoots up from the Game Boy. He looks at Hogan and says matter-of-factly "I'm in."

In another part of the backstage dressing rooms, the four members of the Revolution sit in a circle. Malenko says to the group "I'm glad we could all meet. Now, as you all know, I've been... 'lucky,' enough to get a shot at Eddy's Cruiserweight Championship. I think we can all agree that keeping the Crusiderweight title in the Revolution's hands is priority one, and that it doesn't matter which one of us grabs the belt. Agreed?" Psicosis and RVD nod, but Eddy Guerrero looks like he's about to blow a gasket at those words. Malenko stares him down with the icy fury of a thousand frozen suns, and he closes his mouth. "Good. Now, because of this opportunity, I'm unable to wrestle in the Tag title re-match against the Black Angels, so RVD? You're subbing for me this Sunday." Psicosis and Van Dam slap hands. "When the two of you win the titles, we'll be right back in the swing of things, and whoever doesn't leave Ultimate X with the championship will move his focus to another title. Agreed?" Eddy Guerrero simply fumes. "Well, that's that. Let's make sure the priviledged know their time has come to an end!"

Diamond Dallas Page vs King William Regal! Funnily, Regal seems totally uninterested at the start of this match, keeping his eyes on the rafters, clearly looking for Sting. That changes very quickly when Paige goes strait for a Diamond Cutter! Regal barely blocks the deadly finisher, and from there the match begins in earnest. Paige seems to be outclassed in the early going, as Regal's technical mastery runs circles around his attempts to win the ground-game. However, Regal finds himself split-seconds away from eating Diamond Cutters on three different occasions, showing just how dangerous the move can be and not allowing him to get too much headway. As Tenay notes, one Diamond Cutter is all it takes.

Paige manages to pull ahead as the match descends into brawling, his forte, but Regal's more refined european-style striking is not to be underestimated and several major uppercuts or stiff jabs swing momentum back in his favor as they land and inflict major punishment. Schiavone begins to question if Paige is any match for the former World Champion as he seems to be outclassed at every turn... but Paige refuses to back down, daring Regal to hit him again! Regal obliges, forcing DDP to hands and knees with a tooth-rattling cross. The match looks to be over as The King pulls down his kneepad for the Knee Trembler... but suddenly music hits! Regal's eyes shoot to the rafters, and there stands Sting in the spotlight! Regal shouts at him, daring to rappel down and fight UNTIL DDP SCHOOLBOYS HIM! PAIGE GRABS THE TIGHTS! 1! 2! 3! It may have been breaking the rules and with a distraction from The Icon, but Diamond Dallas Paige has pinned William Regal!

In a backstage segment Nick Lovin' confronts David Barlow and says he's going to settle things with the traitorous Tokyo Magnum at Uncensored... with a FIRST BLOOD MATCH!

The Main Event! Christian Cage vs Scott Hall! WCW Television Title on the line! Christian shows an even bigger chip on his shoulder than normal, hoisting his own title belt in Hall's face, but the Bad Guy simply flicks his toothpick right in Cage's face! The WCWI Champ snaps at this provocation, and the bout starts with an absolutely flurry of blows. The pace of this match remains quick as Christian controls it, pressing an early advantage. However, Hall is eventually able to assert his preferred style, grinding the match to a halt with his signature sleeper holds and power offense. Commentary suggests that he may be attempting to run out the clock rather than defeat Cage outright, a suggestion that Ventura finds insulting.

Hall continues to smother and humiliate Cage with holds, swaggering and taunting the audience, and goes for the Hallaway Slam off the second rope... but Christian lands on his feet! He runs to the ropes and springboards off the second to hit the Flashpoint uppercut! Christian's momentum increases and he gets two very close two-counts, and signals for the Showstealer! BUT INTO THE RING COMES ARN ANDERSON, WHO HITS THE SPINEBUSTER! The ref calls for the DQ and Hall and Arn both put the boots to Cage!

Its a huge brawl to end the show! Booker T is first to make the save for his friend, followed by Goldberg, Chris Benoit, Wrath, Lance Storm, Lex Luger, and Hulk Hogan! All pile into the ring and go to town on each other, foreshadowing the wars to come at Uncensored, THIS SUNDAY ON PAY PER VIEW!

Excellent Nitro! I give it a B! This PPV could be the one to end all PPVs!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The holidays slowed things down for us, but we're still committed to getting Mania done.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Hey! Glad something got posted before I started 2011. I'll keep this thread open for a bit in case anything else is going up, but January 1st is here, so:

It's a new thread, yes it is!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
World Championship Wrestling is proud to present Uncensored '98, live from the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas!

(imagine a poster of Scott Hall standing in front of a ladder, with the words 'Finally, a Pay-Per-View in March worth watching!' around him)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship - ladder match
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Scott Hall

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship - collar match
Christian Cage (c) vs. Arn Anderson

WCW Tag Team Championship - capture the belt
The Black Angels (c) vs. the Revolution (Psicosis and Rob Van Dam)

WCW United States Championship - hardcore gauntlet
Jeff Jarrett (c) vs. Mike Awesome vs. Brutus Briefcase vs. Goldberg vs. Shannon Moore vs. Rey Misterio, Jr. vs. Perry Saturn vs. Doug Williams vs. Alex Wright vs. Nelson X

WCW Crusierweight Championship - Ultimate X
Eddy Guerrero (c) vs. Sabu vs. Dean Malenko

Ambulance match
Ric Flair vs. the Great Muta

Texas deathmatch
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Curt Hennig

No Holds Barred
Sting vs. King William Regal

Tables match
Hulk Hogan & Lance Storm vs. Lex Luger & Wrath

First blood
Nick Lovin' vs. Magnum TOKYO

CALL YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE PROVIDER TODAY!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
IBE, I finished the last thing I wanted to do before mania. It's in the Doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

IBE, I finished the last thing I wanted to do before mania. It's in the Doc.

Our doc is so bloated I have no idea where whatever you're talking about is

• Locked thread